ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI Ignoring Email Enquiries

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

potim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

UKVI Ignoring Email Enquiries

Post by potim » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

I emailed UKVI with a detailed enquiry through their paid service and they replied recently, however from the look of the reply it seems as though they did not even read it.

They replied with "your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision", even though I did not ask about the status of my application.

Has this happened to anyone before? And how would I get a refund as they did not even read my email and gave what seemed to be an automated reply.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UKVI Ignoring Email Enquiries

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm

potim wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:24 pm
Hello Everyone,

I emailed UKVI with a detailed enquiry through their paid service and they replied recently, however from the look of the reply it seems as though they did not even read it.

They replied with "your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision", even though I did not ask about the status of my application.

Has this happened to anyone before? And how would I get a refund as they did not even read my email and gave what seemed to be an automated reply.

Thanks
You wont get any refund because despite the reply is generic but at least replying you by saying that your application is under process.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

potim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by potim » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:35 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm
potim wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
You wont get any refund because despite the reply is generic but at least replying you by saying that your application is under process.
That doesn't seem like a valid reason though. It's not really an enquiry service if they don't even read the email and send an automated response.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:43 pm

potim wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:35 pm
seagul wrote:
potim wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
That doesn't seem like a valid reason though. It's not really an enquiry service if they don't even read the email and send an automated response.
So if the case hasnt yet been processed then what should you expect them to say other than "Awaiting a decision"?? :roll: :roll:
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

potim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by potim » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:58 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:43 pm
potim wrote:
seagul wrote:
potim wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
So if the case hasnt yet been processed then what should you expect them to say other than "Awaiting a decision"?? :roll: :roll:
To answer (or even acknowledge) the questions I asked them in the enquiry of course. I did not ask them about the status of my application or if a decision had been made.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:19 pm

potim wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:58 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:43 pm
potim wrote:
seagul wrote:

To answer (or even acknowledge) the questions I asked them in the enquiry of course. I did not ask them about the status of my application or if a decision had been made.
Usually the email reply also contain at its end the essential web links giving answers to all immigration related queries.

potim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by potim » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:46 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:19 pm
Usually the email reply also contain at its end the essential web links giving answers to all immigration related queries.
It did not.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Then I am afraid they might not be able to do anything further at this stage but you can ask your queries here for better reply or even read other members stories in same situation.

potim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by potim » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 am

An update: I complained regarding UKVI ignoring my questions and not replying to me and I've received a full refund. So I recommend anyone having problems with the UKVI email service to complain so you can at least get your money back