ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of VAC after Application Submission

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abbukvi
Newly Registered
India

Change of VAC after Application Submission

Post by abbukvi » Fri May 24, 2019 10:19 am

Hi,

I recently submitted my Tier4 General Student Visa application to UKVI - paid IHS, Standard appointment fee. At the time of application submission I selected Lucknow, India as VAC where it was mentioned that it should be same as the centre you select in VFS. I selected this centre as it was near my Home town and was coming in the list.

To my surprise, Post submission of application (next steps) when I tried to book an appointment - No appointment were available for this centre, I contacted VFS India Tech support and they replied back after 2 days that Standard Appointment is not available at this VAC. Bloody hell. You should have clearly mentioned this in your VFS website, right? Anyway, I replied back to them and have not received anything back.

I am now confused and frustrated that should I cancel my application and re-do all the steps again or Can I select a different VAC from VFS using the same application?

Any thought? anyone face this type of issue before?

- a

abbukvi
Newly Registered
India

Re: Change of VAC after Application Submission

Post by abbukvi » Sat May 25, 2019 9:34 am

I'm stressed at moment as to cancel my application - given the bad reputation UKVI has when it comes to refund of IHS and visa fee.

Or get a confirmation from VFS office that I can book an appointment in a different VAC as this is not my mistake - it was not mentioned anywhere that this particular VAC do not take standard appointment.
Getting a reply from VFS is near to impossible. They hardly reply. Any one has any number/email where they will reply with my query?

I did called UKVI office - £1.37/min call, The guy was not able to find my details, and asked me to mail all the details. I think they can only help once visa is in processing.

This whole scenario is really worrying. Please can any one help me with this?

- a

NSinSA
Newly Registered
Japan

Re: Change of VAC after Application Submission

Post by NSinSA » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:01 am

Hi. Sorry to hear what you went through. Did you cancel your online application in the end?
I found out a few mistakes in my online application immediately after I paid all the money. I went to the visa center to ask questions on the refund (because they are not responsive unless you visit them in-person) the day after, and was advised to withdraw my application, given that I have not yet had my biometric appointment.... and I followed their instruction. I canceled my visa application as soon as I returned home.

Now I am worried about the refund. I received an email which acknowledges the reception of my refund request, but do they actually refund you?

I have read about different experiences online, and wonder how it went with you if you ended up canceling the online application.