ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa form - glitch with the NI number question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

The Station Agent

UK visa form - glitch with the NI number question

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi folks

Today we had reports of a glitch with the online UK visa forms for temporary workers (it might affect others too). 4 Chinese nationals all reported to us that the forms would not let them past the NI number question. We checked and got the same problem. If you say you don't have an NI number (90% of applicants, and 100% of first-time applicants) it still demands the NI number. You cannot proceed past the question.

Anyone on here work for UKVI and can do anything about this?

There was also a problem at the end of the forms recently where it demanded your sport governing body endorsement number; this only applies to sportspeople, yet it demanded an answer or wouldn't let people proceed - anyone know if that question's been fixed yet?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK visa form - glitch with the NI number question

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:23 pm

The Station Agent wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Anyone on here work for UKVI and can do anything about this?
None of us and you should know better than to ask for members to identify themselves as HO employees even if we did have members who are HO staff, who would be kept strictly confidential and anonymous on the forum for obvious reasons.

Best bet to contact their technical team if they have one or business helpdesk.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:50 pm

They say they're addressing the problem hopefully by mid next week (August 21 or so). In the meantime they've provided a fake NI number for our applicants, to get around the problem.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Errrr, I typed the word "fake"; as in a false NI number (not one attached to a real person). The post changed my wording from "fake" to "bad quality".

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:53 pm

It's done it again! I used a four letter word which means counterfeit or not real; and rhymes with bake or rake. Jeez; apparently that word is unusable on here.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Lol, the forum antispam for words still going strong :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.