ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - PBS Dependant - Cohabitation documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mobiusrex
Newly Registered

ILR - PBS Dependant - Cohabitation documents

Post by Mobiusrex » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi folks , my wife is applying for her ILR as a PBS dependant . I am a British citizen who naturalised via Tier 1+Tier 2.

We have completed a set-O form and are going to UKVCAS this Friday .

The document checklist that was generated once I completed the online form , does not list any requirement for cohabitation documents . But I see ok the forum folks talk about submitting cohabitation documents .

Can anyone advice if this is required even if it’s not asked in the application document checklist ?

I have the documents so I can submit if required , but do not want to submit documents that are not asked for so would appreciate any guidance . Cheers

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Re: ILR - PBS Dependant - Cohabitation documents

Post by aplinhar » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:26 pm

Hey Mobiusrex,

The application gives you a list of documents you need to present...that's the minimum you have to submit. Then, reading the guidance and this forum you get the rest (like the cohabitation proof, for example).

It's the recipe to avoid problems and get the IRL asap.

Hope it helps

:)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:47 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mobiusrex
Newly Registered

Post by Mobiusrex » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:43 am

Thank you both for your responses . Much appreciate .

I have uploaded the documents now and we will be attending the interview today .

The guidance document I found online was archived so I wasn’t sure if it was in effect or not .

Thanks again . Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 am

Mobiusrex wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:43 am
Thank you both for your responses . Much appreciate .

I have uploaded the documents now and we will be attending the interview today .

The guidance document I found online was archived so I wasn’t sure if it was in effect or not .

Thanks again . Cheers
1. It is not an 'interview'.

2. The guidance is still relevant. It is simply the paper versions that have been archived. The immigration rules are clear on evidence of subsisting relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mobiusrex
Newly Registered

Post by Mobiusrex » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Thanks CR001. Yes it was just a biometrics appointment and not an interview .

I had uploaded the cohabitation documents prior to the appointment. The appointment was at 12 pm at a sopra steria service point near to us .we had paid
£60 for the appointment. They scanned the passport even though we had uploaded a copy . Nothing else was looked at crossed checked.

Approval email was received at around 5 pm.

Thanks for your help everyone

maverick278
Newly Registered
India

Post by maverick278 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:30 am

Hi apologies, as I also have a cohabitation proof question - the Set(o) archived form guidance states the below

"If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying
at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you
were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and
your spouse."

So if you are not applying at the same time, the cohabitation requirement is not mandatory? I think this is what the latest online form is also reflecting - Not sure if my interpretation of the guidance is accurate, but it sure seems like cohabitation is important if you are all applying at the same time and if your dependents are applying separately, after you have your ILR granted as the main applicant, the cohabitation proof is not mandatory? Please advice

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:04 pm

It is mandatory for all PBS dependants. You should show you are living together in a subsisting relationship
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

maverick278
Newly Registered
India

Post by maverick278 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:59 pm

Cheers mate appreciate your response