ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier2 ICT Dependent work in UK Without main Applicant but having valid Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kannanvela
Newly Registered
India

Can Tier2 ICT Dependent work in UK Without main Applicant but having valid Visa

Post by Kannanvela » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi ,

I am on ICT long term tier2 visa in UK, my employer wants me to shift to Ireland, but my dependent is working in UK. I have checked with my employer they confirmed that they wont cancel my tier2 ict visa, I will be having Tier2 and Irish visa and partner will be in ICT dependent will she be able to continue work in UK?

Please suggest and quick response is highly appreciated to help me out of the current situation.

prisingh
Mood:
India

Re: Can Tier2 ICT Dependent work in UK Without main Applicant but having valid Visa

Post by prisingh » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:02 pm

your salary and NI/Taxes should be processed in UK if you want the dependent to be eligible for working in uk..short term is fine like 1-2 months but not beyond that.

still contact some law firm on this for peace of mind :)

SKJ1984
India

Re: Can Tier2 ICT Dependent work in UK Without main Applicant but having valid Visa

Post by SKJ1984 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:08 pm

This is a common scenario for many ICT holders of software consulting companies from India.
Your project might be falling short of budget and you might be asked to travel back.
You might be asked to work from offshore for couple of months. You might be even genuinely asked to assist offshore team for a certain period. So the company does not and will not inform HO to cancel your visa. There is always scope for you to travel and work again in UK. Theyll just reassign COS with new client and new start date.

No one can find your spouse working here till end of the visa period as she has valid visa and she can always travel back and forth.

The real problem comes when you apply again for extension together and when the case officer scrutinises both of your presence within UK and sees this mismatch. You could land in some serious trouble (Just my view). You might need to explain for the mismatch and what you were doing in that duration. Will you be getting UK payslips in those period? Might be to logically complete schooling of your kids. To complete a course your spouse studying.

The dependent visa category is issued for specific purpose and when the main holder is not in country it is responsibility of dependents to move with him within reasonable timeframe. This timeframe is 60 Days as per other sources in this forum that I could recollect.

Now in your case you are in a definite plan to move to Ireland. In this case I would make sure dependents move out of the country within 60 days after your departure. or secure a T2 general sponsorship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Kannanvela wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:09 pm
Hi ,

I am on ICT long term tier2 visa in UK, my employer wants me to shift to Ireland, but my dependent is working in UK. I have checked with my employer they confirmed that they wont cancel my tier2 ict visa, I will be having Tier2 and Irish visa and partner will be in ICT dependent will she be able to continue work in UK?

Please suggest and quick response is highly appreciated to help me out of the current situation.
You do realise that Ireland and the UK share immigration data and if HO finds out you have left the UK to work in Ireland on an Irish work permit, you might well find that all your visas for the UK could be curtailed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kannanvela
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kannanvela » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Thanks for all your reply, I have checked with my employer they said they wont change/Cancel the COS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Kannanvela wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:59 pm
Thanks for all your reply, I have checked with my employer they said they wont change/Cancel the COS.
If HO find out you are no longer working in the UK, your visa could be cancelled/curtailed, hence my comment about the sharing of immigration information between Ireland and the UK. It is HO that curtails visas not your sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kannanvela
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kannanvela » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Thanks for the help its very clear now.