ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of 5 year residency for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EntertainME
Newly Registered
Somalia

Naturalisation Application Process

Post by EntertainME » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi,

I am not sure where to post this, apologies if its not the intended thread for these type of questions.
I am at the first stage of my journey to becoming a british citizen..I am 20 years old and have been in this country since i was 12. I was contemplating on completing my application through online but i am not sure about that anymore mainly because it is becoming a challenge, to find referees that can willingly help out..yeah that sucks

Anyway, I am about to fill out the paper form with the help of solicitors and people that know what they are doing.. My question is ...Do you normally take your biometric information before or after sending the form AN?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:36 pm

You must apply online. You cannot use the paper form for applications within the UK.

You apply online and submit and pay. Once you have done that, you are directed to the UKCVAS Sopra site to book your biometric appointment. You cannot make the appointment until you have applied and paid online. You cannot do your biometrics before you apply.

You don't need a solicitor. It is not a difficult application to make.

The referees need to know you for at least 3 years. One can be any nationality but must be a profession on the HO list. The other can be a British citizen over the age of 25.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

EntertainME
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by EntertainME » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:36 pm
You must apply online. You cannot use the paper form for applications within the UK.
I wasn't aware of that..
I have another question, at what stage do you send the supporting document i.e documents of identification + documents that prove residency for the past 5 years + Documents of english competency+Life in the Uk etc?

Thanks in advance :D

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Document scans are uploaded into the system by you as part of the online application.
I believe you can get UKVCAS to do that during your appointment but that's probably chargeable. So you retain all your originals, including identity and travel documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

EntertainME
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by EntertainME » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:40 pm
Document scans are uploaded into the system by you as part of the online application.
I believe you can get UKVCAS to do that during your appointment but that's probably chargeable. So you retain all your originals, including identity and travel documents.
Ideally, you would opt to keep your original BRP and Travel Document rather then sending them but as you mentioned, it would come at a cost.
Online application is divided into 6 regions ----> start-application-document-declaration-pay-further actions I assume its the further actions part where you obtain referee declaration forms to sign, supporting document list and information on how to enrol your biometric then you are done after that :| "Documents cans uploaded into the system by you" which system are we talking about here?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:05 pm

System is the online application website https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

EntertainME
Newly Registered
Somalia

Dump question

Post by EntertainME » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:28 pm

Hey, I recently completed the online application for naturalisation (1st/09) and of course upon completion, I had to fill out the referee forms.

Once we have printed the referee forms and have them signed by the referee, do we then post them or scan them along with the other supportive documente like °Identity Details °Proof of 5 year residency °LITUKT °Proof of adequate English certificate etc..

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dump question

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:18 pm

You scan them with all the supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

EntertainME
Newly Registered
Somalia

Proof of 5 year residency for citizenship

Post by EntertainME » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi,

I am in a bit of a pickle atm and in need of clarification.
1. Can I use my gcse/Alevel certificates as part of proof of residency requirements, or would I have to get a letter from the school itself in which there is proof of attendance from 2014 onwards.
2. Would I have to scan every page of my travel document?
I have a UK travel document that began on 2016 but I still need to prove the latter two years before that 2014 - 2016.

I have everything else sorted..referee forms, LITUKT, etc

Kind regards in advance
Rory

EntertainME
Newly Registered
Somalia

Re: Dump question

Post by EntertainME » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Sounds obvious but thank you for clarifying. @CR001

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of 5 year residency for citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Can you please keep ALL your questions in the same application in ONE topic, ie this one.

Topics merged again.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

EntertainME
Newly Registered
Somalia

Re: Proof of 5 year residency for citizenship

Post by EntertainME » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:10 pm
Can you please keep ALL your questions in the same application in ONE topic, ie this one.

Topics merged again.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Ah, noted.