ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions Regarding with ILR (10 years Route)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ttcg

Questions Regarding with ILR (10 years Route)

Post by ttcg » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi all,

I arrived in UK on 12th Sep 2009 as a student and I'm planning to apply the ILR visa after 20th Aug 2019 (to meet 28 days requirements). I have started planning for the application and would like to check with you for some clarifications.

I currently have a FLR(M) spouse visa which is valid until Oct 2019 and married to the British citizen too.

My immigration history
2009 Sep 12th - arrived to UK as aStudent
2010 Dec - Switched to PSW visa
2012 Apr - married in UK
2012 Dec - Switched to Tier 2 General
2015 Dec - Tier 2 General extension till Nov 2018
2016 Dec - My wife got her British Citizenship
2017 Mar - Switched to FLR(M) spouse visa which is valid until Oct 2019
2019 Aug - To Apply SET (LR) in 10 years Route

Continuous Residence
I have visited EU countries and my home country multiple times during these years. However, the total number of holidays is less than 250 days and the longest holiday is 30 days.

Life In UK Test
Passed in 2018

English Language
Studied MSc and graduated in UK in 2010

1. Am I eligible to apply the SET (LR) visa? Is it the correct visa type for my route?

2. There used to be a guide for the visas which are about 60-70 pages long. I couldn't find those kind of visa guides anymore for SET (LR) visa. I remembered that we read and used that guide for my wife's SET (LR) visa 4 years ago. Are they still available?

3. Is my job mandatory for SET (LR) visa? There are some internal rumours about selling/merging of my current company and I am not certain what will happen to my position in 5 months time.

4. I saw that, we must apply online and paper forms do not exist anymore. So, I'm planning to fill the application in advance to cover what I need to provide/fill in the application. How can I know when the application format has been changed after I have filled? It could have been changed before I actually apply in August.

I had the bad experience with Paper Form and I had to fill everything again just 3 days before the planned application date.

Could you please help me with the above questions? Thanks a lot.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Questions Regarding with ILR (10 years Route)

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:22 am

1. Am I eligible to apply the SET (LR) visa? Is it the correct visa type for my route?
Yes
2. There used to be a guide for the visas which are about 60-70 pages long. I couldn't find those kind of visa guides anymore for SET (LR) visa. I remembered that we read and used that guide for my wife's SET (LR) visa 4 years ago. Are they still available?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -residence
3. Is my job mandatory for SET (LR) visa? There are some internal rumours about selling/merging of my current company and I am not certain what will happen to my position in 5 months time.
No there is no such requirement
4. I saw that, we must apply online and paper forms do not exist anymore. So, I'm planning to fill the application in advance to cover what I need to provide/fill in the application. How can I know when the application format has been changed after I have filled? It could have been changed before I actually apply in August.
Fill the form shortly before applying. There is no point in filling in a form way in advance. SET(LR) has very little documentary requirements just passports, LIUK, English language evidence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:44 am

Thanks for the answers.

I checked the guide and it's actually issued for the Staff/Case Workers in HO and not for the applicants. I will reference it and find out the things required for ILR. Thanks very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:37 am

ttcg wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:44 am
Thanks for the answers.

I checked the guide and it's actually issued for the Staff/Case Workers in HO and not for the applicants. I will reference it and find out the things required for ILR. Thanks very much.
See link below for the SET LR archived paper form and the SET LR Guidance notes.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... form-setlr
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:14 pm

Hello,

I'm now preparing for the documents and going to start the scanning process to make it ready to apply next month, August.

I would like to ask your help to clarify about the following:

- Do we still need to submit Hard-Copies of documents ? Since, we submit/upload the scanned documents, we shouldn't need to do it anymore. Is my assumption right? I couldn't find anywhere about paper-copies... but since I have always submitted them in my previous applications ... it's strange not seeing about hard-copies and would like to confirm about that.

- During 10 years, I've got 3 preivous/expired + 1 current passport (total 4 passports). I would like to know whether I need to scan all pages in all passports? or only stamped or visa pages?

- I need to submit my wife's British passport too. Again... all pages or only stamped pages. Her passport is completely new (got in Feb 2019) and no stamped pages at all.

Thanks all.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:28 am

- Do we still need to submit Hard-Copies of documents ? Since, we submit/upload the scanned documents, we shouldn't need to do it anymore. Is my assumption right? I couldn't find anywhere about paper-copies... but since I have always submitted them in my previous applications ... it's strange not seeing about hard-copies and would like to confirm about that.
No docs are taken. Only scans
- During 10 years, I've got 3 preivous/expired + 1 current passport (total 4 passports). I would like to know whether I need to scan all pages in all passports? or only stamped or visa pages?
Scan all pages with stamps or relevant information to your travel
- I need to submit my wife's British passport too. Again... all pages or only stamped pages. Her passport is completely new (got in Feb 2019) and no stamped pages at all.
You do NOT need to submit any evidence from your wife under SET(LR)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:31 am

Hello,

Do I need to submit the Passport sized Photos for SET (LR) application?

I'm confused that I don't see any reference about Photos in the guide or form and I would like to confirm about it.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:34 am

Do I need to submit the Passport sized Photos for SET (LR) application?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:24 am

Hi all,

I would like to double check with you about the application eligibility date for my SET (LR) Application.

Since I first entered to UK as a Student on 2009 Sep 12th, I should be able to apply it on 15th Aug according to 28 days rule, right?

I'm planning to submit the form at the weekend on 17th-18th of Aug and would like to confirm about the date.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:16 pm

Yes

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi all,

I believe, from Tomorrow, Aug 16, I will be eligible to apply SET(LR) 10 Years Route due to 28 days rule (from 12 Sep 2009).

I have filled the online application and I've got some questions related to the documents.

According to online form checklist, I need to provide the following:

Documents related to me
  • Life in the UK Test pass notification
  • The degree certificate to prove the level of English language required
  • Current Passport
  • Current Biometric Residence Permit
  • All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK
Documents related to My Spouse
  • Evidence you have to prove the relationship with Ms xxx (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years
  • Document(s) showing Ms xxx's immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette
In this forum, I found some posts that the online document list could be wrong sometimes. So, I would like to double check with you whether the above list is good enough for me to apply SET(LR) 10 years Route.

I have prepared and scanned the following for me -
  • LifeInUk Pass Notification
  • Degree certificate + transcripts from UK university
  • All pages in Current Passport
  • BRP card
  • All pages in Expired passports
I did the following documents related to my Spouse too
  • All pages in my spouse's British Passport
  • Marriage Certificate in UK
  • Documents in Both/Joint Name Bank Statements, Mortgage Statements, Estate Service Charges, Council Tax letters to cover 2 years (Aug 2017 Aug 2019 for every 3/4 months)
I also saw some posts/replies that Documents related to my spouse is not required for SET(LR). Since, it's implicitly mentioned in the online list, I want to have a peace of mind and will provide them anyway.

In some posts, I also saw that people need to submit Payslips, Leave letter from employers, etc. Since I do not see anything related to Job in my document list, I am confused.

I'm planning to apply this weekend or early next week with Super Priority Service.

Could you please help me to confirm that I have already covered all required documents for SET(LR)?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:19 am

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Hello,

I just submitted my application and would like to ask some question regarding with Consent form.

PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information
You (the applicant) should sign the Part 1 consent, and relevant other parties should
sign Part 2 and 3, where they are relevant to your application. You must send them
with your supporting documents If you fail to do, your application may be refused.
I will sign this form.

PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
If any information or documentation provided n is in the joint names of the applicant
and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following
declaration:
I believe this is for my wife because, I'm going to submit joint bank statements and marriage certificate.

PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party
sponsor

If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to
provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons* should sign the
following declaration:

I have agreed to provide financial support to the applicant as set out in the
application form. I have provided information or documentation to support the
application. I understand the Home Office may verify the information or
documentation which has been provided.

I would like to confirm that Part3 is not related to me and I don't need to submit it. Could you please help me to confirm about this Part 3 ?

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi ttgc

If part 3 doesn't apply to you, just put N/A on the top of the page, scan and upload it. This is how i did it and no problems at all.

ttcg

Post by ttcg » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:22 am

Hello,

I couldn't find any documents / types under Mandatory section for my Set (LR) application on UKVCAS website. It's just normal or do I need to choose application visa type somewhere on the UKVCAS website?

Thanks

Screenshot

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi

Yes that's right. There is no mandatory folder on UKVCAS website for ILR (LR). But you must upload all the necessary documents as described in immigration rules for the case worker to make a decision on your application i.e. passports, BRP, Life in the UK, english language to optional folders.