ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) or other family visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

varenyk54
Newly Registered
Canada

FLR(M) or other family visa?

Post by varenyk54 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:32 am

Hello,

I'm currently working on an application extension for flr(m) in October but am wondering if I'm eligible for any other type of spousal/settlement visa.

I arrived in the UK with my partner (British citizen) in September 2014, originally on a working holiday visa. I was able to switch this to the unmarried partner visa in January 2017, which is running out at the start of October.

My question is whether or not I have any other (better) family visa options - such as getting married/settlement or applying as a dependent instead?

We've been in the UK for nearly 5 years, and I'm aware that the time on my working holiday visa doesn't count towards ILR. A friend suggested for us to get married and I started looking into it but I think I need to have been on a partnership visa for 3 years to do that.

I welcome any advice and ideas. Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) or other family visa?

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:35 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.