ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visit visa rejected…?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

submon

URGENT - Family Visit Visa (Mother coming to visit)

Post by submon » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:55 am

Hi Guys,

Wanted to get advice on Family Visit Visa.

My mother plans to visit me from India in September. She is Indian and has Indian passport. I have British citizenship and OCI. My wife is British (by birth) and our son born a month ago is British as well (we have just applied for his British passport). She is coming here to see her first grandson. That’s the reason for her visit. We cannot take our son to India as he has not had all his vaccinations. She plans to come for three months.

These are the documents that we think my mother needs:

Proof of income and savings in India - she has Rs. 600,000 as MIS in bank (gets around Rs. 4000 per month as interest) and just over Rs. 400,000 as savings in bank. I send her around £2000 every three or fourth months in bulk as well for maintenance via Western Union.

Proof of ownership of land/house - She owns her own house and she has the deed translated from the local language into English. Does she need to submit the original deed in the local language? Or will a photocopy of the deed in the language and the English translation be enough?

Proof of immediate family members - There are a couple of photos, plus the family tree, and four members’ national IDs (xerox copies of passport and xerox copies of aadhar card).

Photos of my mom with my wife and me (We have a few, but plan to include maybe two or three)

Photos of my mom with my father and me (There are two)

Photos of my mom getting married with my father (there is no marriage certificate)

Documents that my wife and I need to send (plan to send it through courier to India this week).

P60s 2019 (wife and me)

Monthly wage slips from January 2019 to date (wife and me)

Invitation letter (from wife and me)

Photocopies of British passports (wife and me)

Photocopies of my last Indian passport

Our land registry/house deed (we have no mortgage)

Recent utility bills (we have this year’s Council Tax and Water Bill)

My birth certificate (photocopy)

Our son’s birth certificate

A couple of photocopies of our son’s ante-natal care documents

Joint bank account savings (of my wife and me)

Bank statements into which our wages are paid (wife and me, from January 2019)

Am I missing anything? Please let me know. All suggestions and advice welcomed!

rosina90

Re: URGENT - Family Visit Visa (Mother coming to visit)

Post by rosina90 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:34 am

Hello, I have ILR, invited my mother to come here in the UK 3 times already, have been successful without her showing any financial statements. I always mentioned in my cover letter that my mother has been a housewife, no income, that I am sponsoring her financially. I showed my bank statements, payslips and letter of employment. I did not show my pictures, stuff like that. I always provide itinerary and reasons why she is visiting me. I never bought return tickets in advance for her. I just screenshot the possible flight I would buy for her if she got the visa. I explained that part too in my cover letter.
You have British citizenship. I think that's better than my position, ILR. You should be fine, I hope.

submon

Re: URGENT - Family Visit Visa (Mother coming to visit)

Post by submon » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:53 am

Thank you very much. Much appreciated! Do I need to include the letter of employment? Is that a must as I have British citizenship now? I have the appointment letter from back in 2014, nothing recent from my employer. And thanks again for your reply.

submon

URGENT - VFS India (Kolkata) scanning service query

Post by submon » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:57 pm

Anyone knows how efficient the VFS Kolkata scanning service is? My mom has an appointment this week. She has paid for the documents check and scanning assistance already, and there are well over 60 pages/documents to scan. There are also 24 photos. Do the VFS officials diligently scan all the documents? I have been reading some bad reviews of VFS on Trust Pilot, and I am worried!

submon

Re: URGENT - VFS India (Kolkata) scanning service query

Post by submon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:49 pm

My mom submitted her visa application last week. The VFS officials at the Kolkata office did not take two documents - the house deeds of my mom and the evidence of my mom’s family members living in India (the photocopies of my cousins). They said that she need not submit them. Will this be a problem? Should I complain?

submon

UK visit visa rejected…?

Post by submon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:13 pm

I am a British citizen living in England. My mother is Indian and lives in India, and last week, she submitted her UK Visit visa application in Kolkata. 

My mother paid for the Silver Premium Package - which includes documents checking, documents scanning and uploading, and courier service.

The VFS officials at the Kolkata centre did not take and scan the following documents, despite my mom insisting that these documents are a must and have to be scanned.

House ownership property

Evidence of my mom’s family members living in India (photocopies of my cousins’ IDs)

Mom’s bank passbook detailing her savings

The VFS officials said that she need not submit the above documents, as I (her son) was sponsoring her visit to the UK.

I would like to know how to lodge a complaint if my mom’s visa application is rejected on the above grounds. It is clearly not her fault, as she had taken the above three documents to the VFS centre in Kolkata, but the officials did not scan them.

In addition to this, the VFS officials said that courier service is not available for her as she does not live in Kolkata, yet she was charged for the courier service in the Silver Premium Package.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: UK visit visa rejected…?

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:08 am

You can't do anything about this at the moment.

Wait for the outcome then you can see.