ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to travel, what are my options?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RovCal_21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Need to travel, what are my options?

Post by RovCal_21 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi everyone, posting for the first time here.

Q: I am traveling to Pakistan on 13th of August. I applied for my tier 2 sponsor change (I am a doctor changing deanery) on the 18th of June. I applied for standard application (as time between the above two dates is actually exactly 8 weeks!)

But here I am its 6th of August no news of the confirmation letter let alone brp.

What are my options?

1. Is to wait for my brp.

2. Go to Pakistan and appy for temporary BRP by claiming that my current one is lost. So how does this work exactly? What information is asked from a person claiming lost BRP replacement? Like do they ask for BRP number? If yes how to provide that since I never had the BRP. What is the time line and fees? As I am visiting Pakistan for a few weeks.

3. Go to Pakistan and than can I nominate a friend to receive my BRP? Is that something possible? And he post it to me.

4. Any other possibilities?

Thanks in advance everyone. In bit of a depression because of this :shock:

sachinis100

Re: Need to travel, what are my options?

Post by sachinis100 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:07 am

As you said applied for Tier 2 change of sponsor. only option is wait until you receive your new BRP.

Still if you want to leave the country then HO will consider your application as withdrawn and you will subjected to 12 months cooling of period.

RovCal_21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RovCal_21 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:31 am

Thank you for your reply. 12 month cooling off period? As in I can't apply for 12 months?

juliajing72
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by juliajing72 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:39 am

Hi just wondering, how long left did you have on your old visa? Does the old visa get cancelled as soon as you apply for a new one? Can you not travel using the old visa? I have the same problem here. thanks

sachinis100

Post by sachinis100 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:43 am

Yes you cant apply tier 2 general visa for 12 months if you leave the country with pending application.

ROVCAL

You can travel but your application will be considered as withdrawn, please see above posts they will answer your questions.

juliajing72
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by juliajing72 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:16 am

Thanks, does that mean that even if I have time left on my old visa, I cannot travel while waiting for another visa application?