ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR email from home office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dharti
Newly Registered
India

ILR email from home office

Post by Dharti » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:27 am

Hi ,

my husband applies for ILR in premium service yesterday. he received email near to 24 hours window today morning. when he submitted application mandatory document requirement is 0 and he already submied his master degree when he apply for tier2 first time in 2014. email is below. is any one have any idea why they asking for degree again?

Although we would normally decide your application within 24 hours from the date it was submitted, unfortunately, this is not going to be possible in your case. This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

I should also be grateful if you would send me your Degree certificate which you have used to support the English language requirement of your application. Please send it to the address as recorded below, a[/glow]

Regards,

dharti

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR email from home office

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:29 am

It is mandatory to submit evidence of meeting the English requirement and if he used a degree, he needs UKVI Red Route NARIC assessment for a foreign degree, English and comparable NARIC assessment.

If it is a UK degree, the degree on its own is sufficient and should have been submitted.

What did he answer in the form for the English requirement? Presumably he is not a national of an English exempt country?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dharti
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dharti » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am

Hi Thanks for your reply.

he already scans and submitted degree certificate with his application. and he has a degree from the university of wales trinity saint David London campus. he also dome BIT from the same university.

Regards,

Dharti.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:47 am

So HO wants the original degree certificate by the looks of it. Best send asap.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dharti
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dharti » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:17 am

yes, we already send it to them but we don't understand why they need it now. it looks like they have more application and not enough time and they did want to refund £800 to us. anyway, I will post an update as soon as we heard anything.

Regards,

Dharti

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:21 am

Perhaps the scan/upload wasn't good enough or they need the original to verify its authenticity. HO has a right to ask for any documents they wish to and you won't get a refund as you were informed within 24 hours there could be a delay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Dharti
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dharti » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:24 am

Thanks, CR001.

we just send original now. as soon i have any update i will posted to you. thanks for your help today.

regard,
Dharti

Dharti
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dharti » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi All,

I send my requested document to HO and I can see it was delivered yesterday morning. I send email to my caseworker to inform her that the document is delivered in the morning. I received an email from her today morning still she did not receive my document as no one gave it to her. I pay for premium services and still no update. can anyone tell me what I can do now? I used all the same document which I used for my tier2 last time.

Regard,

Preyash parekh