ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spanish Mult C visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Corw

Spanish Mult C visa

Post by Corw » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:58 am

Hi folks my husband got Mult Schengen C visa from Spanish embassy .should his first trip be to the country which issued the visa? and what if he travel to France in future in provided period Schengen visa from spain embassy still first trip to be spain then other schengen countries in future . Please share your experience Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Spanish Mult C visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:01 pm

Corw wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:58 am
Hi folks my husband got Mult Schengen C visa from Spanish embassy .should his first trip be to the country which issued the visa? and what if he travel to France in future in provided period Schengen visa from spain embassy still first trip to be spain then other schengen countries in future . Please share your experience Thanks
My experience is don't do it.

You have to go first the country you applied visa for in first place. Then only you can go to other countries.

If you go to France with a Schengen visa issued by Spain, you will end up with a French entry stamp on top of it. They will probably let you in but next time you apply for a visa, it can be an issue.

Someone from my family changed his projects by he still flew first to the country that gave him the visa then the same day he went to his actual destination. Just to have the proper stamp on the passport and avoid hassle in the future.

Corw

Post by Corw » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:12 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:01 pm
Corw wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:58 am
My experience is don't do it.

You have to go first the country you applied visa for in first place. Then only you can go to other countries.

If you go to France with a Schengen visa issued by Spain, you will end up with a French entry stamp on top of it. They will probably let you in but next time you apply for a visa, it can be an issue.

Someone from my family changed his projects by he still flew first to the country that gave him the visa then the same day he went to his actual destination. Just to have the proper stamp on the passport and avoid hassle in the future.
Thanks your kind reply
will you please advise me can he travel to France in Nov without going Spain first ? We are visiting Spain next week but we are also want visit France in Nov . So do you think its still ok for him

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:52 am

You are welcome welcome :)

Just to be clear: the first time ever you use that visa, you have to go to Spain as it has been delivered by Spain.

For future travels with the same visa, you can go to France or any other country within the Schengen area without having to go to Spain first.

Spain is just the first time you use the visa.