ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General extension - Document for partner

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mzeeshanshakir
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General extension - Document for partner

Post by mzeeshanshakir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi

I am applying for Tier 2 General extension for two year together with wife and children. List of the documents require has following:

Document showing you and your partner are living together (for example, a utility bill, council tax bill or bank statement)

I have council tax bill - recent dates June 2019. Would it be enough? It is different than cohabitation proof for ILR where need to provide several proofs for past 2 or 3 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General extension - Document for partner

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:09 am

You need 2 years evidence from 3 to 6 different sources spread evenly every 4 to 4 months.

One document will not be sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mzeeshanshakir
Newly Registered

Post by mzeeshanshakir » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:09 am
You need 2 years evidence from 3 to 6 different sources spread evenly every 4 to 4 months.

One document will not be sufficient.
thanks

Do you know any guidance on this? for ILR they needed for last two years and check list says so explicitly but for Tier 2 they said only document and any of these.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:11 pm

319C(d) and (e) of the immigration rules on subsisting relationship and ho requires 3 years evidence.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mzeeshanshakir
Newly Registered

Post by mzeeshanshakir » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:11 pm
319C(d) and (e) of the immigration rules on subsisting relationship and ho requires 3 years evidence.

Thank you so much for great help. I understood subsisting relationship rule. Is there any guideline for 2 years or 3 years evidence or multiple evidences requirements for Tier 2 General extension in side UK. Thanks

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:33 am

mzeeshanshakir wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:39 pm
CR001 wrote:

Thank you so much for great help. I understood subsisting relationship rule. Is there any guideline for 2 years or 3 years evidence or multiple evidences requirements for Tier 2 General extension in side UK. Thanks
I am in a similar situation and will soon be applying for tier 2 extension with two dependents.
When I apply online, I do NOT get any document requirements about subsisting relationship. I even have NOT submitted any evidence of subsisting relationship in my previous tier 2 extension. Has this recently changed?

Did you get this requirement in the tier 2 checklist? Are these mandatory documents for tier 2 extension?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:37 am

ukvisat2 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:33 am
mzeeshanshakir wrote:
CR001 wrote:

I am in a similar situation and will soon be applying for tier 2 extension with two dependents.
When I apply online, I do NOT get any document requirements about subsisting relationship. I even have NOT submitted any evidence of subsisting relationship in my previous tier 2 extension. Has this recently changed?

Did you get this requirement in the tier 2 checklist? Are these mandatory documents for tier 2 extension?
It is not a recent change. It has been stated in the immigration rules and guidance notes for a long time. The checklist is not completely accurate. You should ALWAYS follow the guidance notes and rules that purely rely on a generic checklist.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:37 am
ukvisat2 wrote:
mzeeshanshakir wrote:
CR001 wrote:

It is not a recent change. It has been stated in the immigration rules and guidance notes for a long time. The checklist is not completely accurate. You should ALWAYS follow the guidance notes and rules that purely rely on a generic checklist.
Thank you - this is useful. I will include these documents.

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:37 am
ukvisat2 wrote:
mzeeshanshakir wrote:
CR001 wrote:

HO just updated my checklist for my online filled (not submitted) tier 2 extension application and asked for the partner document.