ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

moore100
Nigeria

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by moore100 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:39 pm

@ Sam makh... Yes I do have solicitor and I know all asylum is human right .. but if you have British partner or you have children who is 7 years in UK or you have kids who has British passport makes you asylum claim stronger ... but if you don't have any of does makes asylum claim poor... because home office don't grant asylum case that does not have strong evidence ... who as established family life in uk makes asylum claim strong .. but asylum seeker with no british kids or british partner or child who have spend 7 years in UK makes case poor.. that's what my solicitor told me.... but I have report my case to my MP yesterday and MP told me she will write home office today for update on my case because my lawyer sent letter to home office for update we have not get reply from home office and I also apply for permission to work.. no reply yet but MP told me she will get back to me by 2 to 3 weeks

Sam makh
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sam makh » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Jalalleo wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:12 pm
Hi , I submitted my fresh claim March 2018.I just got a letter to enrol biometric finger prints and update all my bills and my son's birth certificate ,also proof that he is at nursery etc.They ask me to attend to Support service centre for my biometric not at the post office. Did any of yous heard why is that ?
[/quote]

To be honest i am on first stage of asylum process As the asking for latest proof ,
Hopefully you will receive good news soon.

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Amen

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 am

@ Sam makh... you mean you also on first stage like me, not fresh claim .. I mean are you on second asylum claim.

Sam makh
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sam makh » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:54 am

moore100 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 am
@ Sam makh... you mean you also on first stage like me, not fresh claim .. I mean are you on second asylum claim.
Yes first time asylum claim, my application was on (flr fp private’ life) route,
home Office send me letter to claim asylum, so now they will make my case decision on asylum claim basis

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:15 pm

@munirabid ,I read how u give advice to ppl, can you please read my post and maybe you heard about similar

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:16 pm

munirabid wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:34 pm
hi

here is my time line , i got permission by post for fresh asylum and i post fresh asylum on 16 August 2017 and they received on 17 August and acknowledgement letter received dated 26th of August 2017. after that no news.
my further submission base on asylum and child Born in UK and spend 7 years in UK. i came in UK in July 2006 as student and I applied asylum in April 2012 and HO refused in March 2014 and appeal right exhaust in April 2017.
Hi , I submitted my fresh claim March 2018.I just got a letter to enrol biometric finger prints and update all my bills and my son's birth certificate ,also proof that he is at nursery etc.They ask me to attend to Support service centre for my biometric not at the post office. Did any of yous heard why is that ?

munirabid
Member of Standing

Post by munirabid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:45 pm

Jalalleo wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:16 pm
munirabid wrote:
hi

here is my time line , i got permission by post for fresh asylum and i post fresh asylum on 16 August 2017 and they received on 17 August and acknowledgement letter received dated 26th of August 2017. after that no news.
my further submission base on asylum and child Born in UK and spend 7 years in UK. i came in UK in July 2006 as student and I applied asylum in April 2012 and HO refused in March 2014 and appeal right exhaust in April 2017.
its positive sign

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:16 pm

munirabid wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:45 pm
Jalalleo wrote:
munirabid wrote:
hi

its positive sign
Thank you

vlkn
Newly Registered

Post by vlkn » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Jalalleo wrote:
munirabid wrote:
hi

i submitted my Fresh claim in same time. When you received your biometric letter? Today?

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:20 pm

vlkn wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 pm
Jalalleo wrote:
munirabid wrote:
hi

i submitted my Fresh claim in same time. When you received your biometric letter? Today?
I received on Saturday 9th of August, they ask me to enrol biometric but since March 19 they mostly ask to go Service Centre (my solicitor told me)

Sam makh
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sam makh » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 pm

[quote=munirabid post_id=1814465 time=1565966707 user_id=43889]
[quote=Jalalleo post_id=1814449 time=1565964994 user_id=217264]
[quote=munirabid post_id=1533995 time=1505234045 user_id=43889]
hi

Hi ,
Munirabid
When you submitted your application for asylum,
Not fresh claim, how long been its taking to main interview and decision?
Thanks

John200101
Newly Registered

Post by John200101 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:19 pm

Hello guys,
I'm a single mother with 6 children, 2 born in the uk. Claimed asylum on jan 2019 with all my kids as my dependent and I've been in uk for 4 years, did screening, got sent piq which I filled in a sent back. Now I received invitation for main interview on 29th of aug. Claim is based on my mental health and ptsd as I was raped by gangs who attacked me back home because I turned down drug trafficking and nw diagnosed with HIV and also due to my husband family and stigmatisation back home and my children will be exploited and also my little daughter who is deaf and attends special needs school here.
In the letter I was asked to bring passport photographs of me and my dependent to the interview,is this normal?
Also could someone enlighten me about the interview?
And what are my chance of getting protection?
Thanks.

Sam makh
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Sam makh » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 pm

John200101 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:19 pm
Hello guys,
I'm a single mother with 6 children, 2 born in the uk. Claimed asylum on jan 2019 with all my kids as my dependent and I've been in uk for 4 years, did screening, got sent piq which I filled in a sent back. Now I received invitation for main interview on 29th of aug. Claim is based on my mental health and ptsd as I was raped by gangs who attacked me back home because I turned down drug trafficking and nw diagnosed with HIV and also due to my husband family and stigmatisation back home and my children will be exploited and also my little daughter who is deaf and attends special needs school here.
In the letter I was asked to bring passport photographs of me and my dependent to the interview,is this normal?
Also could someone enlighten me about the interview?
And what are my chance of getting protection?
Thanks.

Hi
John
This is normal process, you and your dependent who claim asylum need each parson 4 passport-photo, on your interview keep calm and don’t nervous, explain your situation and your fears regarding back home, and show them evidence if you have,
Definitely you claim will be successful

John200101
Newly Registered

Post by John200101 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Thank you soo much for the reassurance. Means a lot 🙏🏾
I'll update on any further queries.

sammy4real
Newly Registered

Post by sammy4real » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:36 am

Hello guys, pls I need advice about my asylum case. I claim asylum since May 2018 and also victim of trafficking. 2 days ago my case worker at migrant help was sent the result of my trafficking which they said they were not satisfied I am a victim of trafficking after so long waiting and with the help of my MP helping me to chase my case up. I have 3 children all born in uk and my oldest son is 7yrs plus, 6yrs plus and 4yrs. I am waiting for my asylum final decision since NRM trafficking has decided which they said they were not satisfied and I have been living in the uk for 11yrs plus. Pls what do you think about my case with my son 7rs plus born in uk bcos I am confused and hope asylum will be positive when they decide my asylum soon. Thanks.

AnnaL
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by AnnaL » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:38 pm

Hello
I have been in uk since 2015
I have 2kids born here 4 and 2 years
I am in asylum case
I have work permitted but no leave to remain
I am still waiting letter from home office
They send me letter who ask me for adress work and child nursery or how i spend the time ect but i dont know what is happening with my case
Who have same case and whah happened

Pnoor
Newly Registered
India

Post by Pnoor » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi guys
I submitted fresh claim in june 2017. Last week they sent me a letter after more than 2 years to send them family picyures, birth certificates of both my kids, proof and address etc. I am assumong they are making decision now. Does anyone had this before? Is it normally a good sign?

modk79
Newly Registered

Post by modk79 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 pm

AnnaL wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:38 pm
Hello
I have been in uk since 2015
I have 2kids born here 4 and 2 years
I am in asylum case
I have work permitted but no leave to remain
I am still waiting letter from home office
They send me letter who ask me for adress work and child nursery or how i spend the time ect but i dont know what is happening with my case
Who have same case and whah happened
No one here can update you with your case. The fact that the Home Office are asking for information can only be a good thing and that they have got around to assessing it.

modk79
Newly Registered

Post by modk79 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:02 pm

sammy4real wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:36 am
Hello guys, pls I need advice about my asylum case. I claim asylum since May 2018 and also victim of trafficking. 2 days ago my case worker at migrant help was sent the result of my trafficking which they said they were not satisfied I am a victim of trafficking after so long waiting and with the help of my MP helping me to chase my case up. I have 3 children all born in uk and my oldest son is 7yrs plus, 6yrs plus and 4yrs. I am waiting for my asylum final decision since NRM trafficking has decided which they said they were not satisfied and I have been living in the uk for 11yrs plus. Pls what do you think about my case with my son 7rs plus born in uk bcos I am confused and hope asylum will be positive when they decide my asylum soon. Thanks.
Your NRM and asylum claims should not interfere with your Article 8 claim and that you have a qualifying child. As to when you case will be looked at... no one here can tell you. You can have your solicitor chase it up.

modk79
Newly Registered

Post by modk79 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:07 pm

wikki wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:13 pm
Hi everyone

I am in the process of asking for asylum and I just want to know a few things.
1. I read that once you are an asylum seeker (i.e pending decision) and or a refugee, the Home Office can deny you the right to study. I'd like to know if it is still the case??

2. Is it possible that the Home Office gives back your passport while the asylum claim is under consideration for urgent reasons?

Thank you
1) Normally, you should have no restrictions on being able to study whilst your claim is pending, and certainly not when you have been granted refugee status.

2) You can ask for your documents back. Contact your asylum unit

sammy4real
Newly Registered

Post by sammy4real » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:02 pm

@ modk79, thanks. i thought as much that my 7yrs son age should be an advantage for me. do you think they can refuse and expect me to apply on my 7yrs son or expect me to appeal the asylum which my lawyer told me it will definitely be in my favour since my son is already 7yrs plus. what do you think?

Kamal84
Newly Registered

Post by Kamal84 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi everyone I have received letter from home office for additional evidence and proof of my Daughter birthday certificate she is 16 month old and letter code ICE 1100 can you please give me advice what should I do they said they can’t consider my case fully without this information letter from DAC harmondsworth thanks

Kamal84
Newly Registered

Post by Kamal84 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:32 pm

Sorry CID 1100

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi all,
I would like to ask some information on behalf of someone, what is the process for Asylum further submissions based on child seven year route? child born in UK turning seven next year. Applied for asylum 6 years ago and been refused , have 3 children in total , 6+ years old, 4+years and 1month old , living in nass accommodation been in UK 18 years.Do they have to fill out any application forms? or do they simply write out a letter informing the HO that their circumstances have changed including the evidence? Your advice and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you