ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application - few questions regarding an application I'm filing now

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MeronUK
Newly Registered
Mood:

Citizenship application - few questions regarding an application I'm filing now

Post by MeronUK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 pm

Hello

I have a lot of questions here, I really hope you can help me with it as I'm quite stuck here.

My situation
I've been granted EU settled in the UK today and I'm married to British (from birth) wife.

My questions:
1. Have you lived at your current address for 5 years? - I need to provide my UK addresses even though my route will be for 3 years as my wife is British?

2. Place of my birth - The city of my birth and as I filed in my previous application with letter 'K', however I finally found my birth certificate and they've written the city name with 'Q' - what shell I do? as far as I know in the UK they use 'K' for my city of birth.

3. Do you have a valid passport? Issuing authority - It's tricky here since the passport is Polish and I wasn't born in Poland or issued it there, so they use a name with a bit different letter (W instead of V). shell I use the English name of that city?

4. Granted indefinite leave - Have you been granted indefinite leave to enter, or remain, in the UK - I've been granted EU settlement. Shell I tick "NO" or YES as ILR is the same?

5. Non-applying dependants - Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time? - my kids was born in the UK and have British passport. what shell I tick here?

6. Previous applications - Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? - should I say "Yes" because I applied for EU settlement or it's not considered?

7. Naturalised British citizen - Is your partner a naturalised British citizen? My wife was born in UK and have valid British passport, however I'm not sure what to say here... she never need to apply for naturalisation

8. Additional employment - should I even mention job that I was contractor under my LTD company?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship application - few questions regarding an application I'm filing now

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Why are you posting under multiple usernames, all posting from the same static IP address??? This is strictly not allowed on the forum.

member/Blondie33/

member/Blondie_33/

member/dzevel5/

Forum rule on Multiple Usernames (click to read)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MeronUK
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Citizenship application - few questions regarding an application I'm filing now

Post by MeronUK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:45 pm

I'm not. and I didn't violate any rule of the forum!
We are 5 people in the building, me and 3 of us applying around the same time (it's behind the same router)

I've changed the IP address if it's so critical for you...