ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ali12035
Germany

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Ali12035 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:32 pm

Cool321 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:06 pm
Cool321 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 pm
According to citizenship act
The UK does not have a Citizenship Act. Are you sure you are not confusing the UK with some other country?
Cool321 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 pm
people suppose to get citizenship as long as they meet statutory n goos character requirement
People who apply can be naturalised at discretion (i.e. they have no right to it) if they meet the requirements stated in law. The checks to make sure that the statutory and other requirements are met can take as long as they take. There is no time limit on the checks.
Indeed there is a "British Nationality Act "
Discretion element is very littlle, one's needs to satisfy the requirement
Yess checks needs to be completed in a reasonable time frame, as per rules .

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61

Britney99

Post by Britney99 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:18 pm

Minaa wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:24 pm
I applied for my naturalisation on the 31st of January I called them a few days ago as my application time is now over the 6 month period that they gave me and I received “The simplicity or indeed complexity of an application cannot be known until it has been considered by a caseworker. Nevertheless, UKVI aims to complete 95% of cases within 6 months from the date of receipt. Therefore, it will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.”

What does it mean? What do I do now? Is my application even with a caseworker or not ? I’m so confused and I don’t know what to do now somebody anybody please help me I feel so hopeless right now
I had exactly the same email response with the words ‘simplicity and indeed the complexity’ . I applied 4 February and like you. I’m at a loss of what to do and it’s sending me crazy thinking , sis my work use correct tax codes, will a late council tax payment implicate me, Dartford tunnel late payment, etc. Sorry I don’t know what to suggest, but it’s a bit nuts !

sparrow007
Newly Registered

Post by sparrow007 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am

I wonder if this has happened to anybody else - I couldn't find anything about it. I submitted all my documents 8th Feb, via one of the centres, thus concluding my citizenship application (I had paid 30th Jan). I *should* be a fairly straightforward case, however, I hadn't heard anything during the initial 6 month period. I just got home from holiday and thought I would try to access my application in preparation of ringing them on Monday, however, the application has disappeared - completely. The original link to my application from UKVI leads to a 'page not found' and I can't see another way to log in and retrieve it. I only seem to be able to start a new application, even using the same email and password, the system doesn't recognise me. I'm not impressed....any thoughts? Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:56 pm

sparrow007 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am
I wonder if this has happened to anybody else - I couldn't find anything about it. I submitted all my documents 8th Feb, via one of the centres, thus concluding my citizenship application (I had paid 30th Jan). I *should* be a fairly straightforward case, however, I hadn't heard anything during the initial 6 month period. I just got home from holiday and thought I would try to access my application in preparation of ringing them on Monday, however, the application has disappeared - completely. The original link to my application from UKVI leads to a 'page not found' and I can't see another way to log in and retrieve it. I only seem to be able to start a new application, even using the same email and password, the system doesn't recognise me. I'm not impressed....any thoughts? Thanks!
The system doesn't have an inquiry option, either for re-visiting your application or checking status. From postings in this forum I understand the option is there for a few days after submission, but it would appear UKVI somehow lock/move it.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sparrow007
Newly Registered

Post by sparrow007 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:08 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:56 pm
sparrow007 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am
The system doesn't have an inquiry option, either for re-visiting your application or checking status. From postings in this forum I understand the option is there for a few days after submission, but it would appear UKVI somehow lock/move it.
Thanks - I could access the application 4 months after submitting it, but I can't any more. I guess I'll just wait until the Powers That Be reply...it seems a very arbitrary process. Fingers crossed.

jais2015

Post by jais2015 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:02 am

Dear members,
This forum has helped me a lot in the past. I thank all members who share their experiences regarding their application with the Home Office.

I applied for my British Citizenship on 20/07/2019 and gave my biometrics on 05/08/2019. My application was made on the basis of 5 years refugees and 12 months of holding ILR.

I was given political asylum on the basis of ill treatment by the government of my country as I was a member of a group of organisation which is banned in the UK as a terrorist organisation. But the organisation was wiped out in the country and no longer exists. The organisation was never a threat to any country except its own government.

I was also forcefully recruited by them and not a wilful member. I haven’t involved in any military activity but got their training. I never think I am a member of them. So when I fill my application, I ticked ‘no’ to all terrorism related questions. Now I am so worried that my application may be refused as I didn’t disclose the fact that I was a ‘member’ whether it was with my will or not.

In my past application for home office travel document, I mentioned that I was a member of that organisation and I was a forceful recruitment and I was issued with the travel document without any issue. When I went to a solicitor to get referee’s signature for my travel document, he went through my application and told me that you don’t need to mention it. Therefore, when I made my ILR application, I answered ‘no’ to all terrorism related questions and got my ILR without any issues.

When I read some member’s posts under ‘Unsuccessful applications’, I could see some refusal based on this reason. It makes me really worried. Please give me some advice what I can do at this stage of application.

Thanks

naz98
Newly Registered

Post by naz98 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:58 am

Hey I would like to find out I will be applying for my nationality next week I have applied for a loan will that affect my nationality. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:01 am

naz98 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:58 am
Hey I would like to find out I will be applying for my nationality next week I have applied for a loan will that affect my nationality. Thanks
NO!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

World Traveller
Newly Registered

Applicants married to British Citizens

Post by World Traveller » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi there.
I’ve been following posts covering naturalisation process timelines and was surprised to see how quickly certain cases are processed. One of the things I noticed is that many of those fully processed in 20 or 30 days involve applicants married to British citizens. Is it fair to assume that cases involving applicants married to British citizens tend to move faster? Thanks

amelie12

Post by amelie12 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question, do I need to count 8 weeks to 6 months timeline for BC application since the moment the application was submitted (online) or since the day I enrolled my biometrics?

Thank you for your help!

joseph2019
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by joseph2019 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:08 am

amelie12 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:38 pm
Hello everyone,

I have a question, do I need to count 8 weeks to 6 months timeline for BC application since the moment the application was submitted (online) or since the day I enrolled my biometrics?

Thank you for your help!
8 weeks isn't a guaranteed timeline for anybody. The service standard is up to 6 months. Some people get approved in 4 weeks, others 5 months, and some of the unlucky/complex cases over a year.
That being said, your application is only fully complete when you submit your biometrics. So if you want to start counting, I would think you should start from then.

londonandengland
Newly Registered
India

Post by londonandengland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi Guys,

My online account at sopra still active and available same like at start.

I have heard that when case worker start work on a case and get those documents then that account get blocked.

Is that correct ?

I have applied online on 20 June 2019.
AS someone already has mentioned that his account is not available anymore.

I am just trying to get an idea about time frame

Any comments please

amelie12

Post by amelie12 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:41 pm

joseph2019 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:08 am
amelie12 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:38 pm
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your help!
8 weeks isn't a guaranteed timeline for anybody. The service standard is up to 6 months. Some people get approved in 4 weeks, others 5 months, and some of the unlucky/complex cases over a year.
That being said, your application is only fully complete when you submit your biometrics. So if you want to start counting, I would think you should start from then.
Thank you, joseph2019!

leo20
Newly Registered

Post by leo20 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:36 am

Hi, do anyone have any idea how long it take to get decision after all checks are done and case is allocated to a case worker, after 2 years of wait i got letter from home office through my local MP in which they confirm that my case is now with a caseworker after all the checks. if anyone have experience timeframe after this sort of letter then please share, its been 2 months when i had that letter still no signs of decision though

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:34 am

leo20 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:36 am
Hi, do anyone have any idea how long it take to get decision after all checks are done and case is allocated to a case worker, after 2 years of wait i got letter from home office through my local MP in which they confirm that my case is now with a caseworker after all the checks. if anyone have experience timeframe after this sort of letter then please share, its been 2 months when i had that letter still no signs of decision though
Normally it takes 21 working days when case allocated to caseworker, 2 years is long time may i ask you which country nationality you have and which case you applied naturalisation?

joseph2019
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by joseph2019 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 am

Hi guys,

Just to give a bit of a feedback so far.
I have applied for Naturalisation a bit over 5 weeks ago and wrote a couple of times to enquire as to whether my case was with a case worker or not (we know when that is the case that the decision shouldn't take much longer).

The first couple of times I got the standard automated reply:
"All applications are dealt with in application receipt order.... as you applied in July, it will take a while longer for your application to be considered"

When I replied to the second email asking to know whether it is with a Caseworker or not, I got the second most common standard reply:
"The simplicity or indeed complexity of a case cannot be determined before an application is with a caseworker...Therefore it will take a while longer..."

That plus the fact that I still have access to the UKVCAS account tells me that the application is still in checks or some queue. I have also noticed from July applicants that posted their timelines that those processed are EU/Commonwealth/Spouse of BC Citizens. Other "type" of applicants are still awaiting.

I will ask for another update when I reach the 8-week mark.

Good luck to everyone out there applying/waiting for a decision.

azdino7
Algeria

Post by azdino7 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:33 am

Date of application: 08/02/2019
Date Biometrics enrolled: 15/02/2019 UKVCAS new service appointment
Date on Approval letter: waiting :shock:

when the application was over 5 months i sent an email for an update only get the one most of us getting: (All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 8th February 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.)
and few days after got a letter explaining that the checking process is not yet completed.

after 6 months asked again for an update and the reply was they can not add anything further from the last letter.

leo20
Newly Registered

Post by leo20 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:35 am

Thanks for reply, i’m from Pakistan, married to a BC, and its been 2 months my case us with caseworker so i don’t think they take 21 days😏

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:49 am

Good afternoon,

Can someone please confirm :

If I can still access to my application through the UKVCAS website does it mean my application has not been with a caseworker yet?

Any advice or comments would be highly appreciated

Regards

joseph2019
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by joseph2019 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:23 pm

sam86ds wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:49 am
Good afternoon,

If I can still access to my application through the UKVCAS website does it mean my application has not been with a caseworker yet?

Regards
Hi Sam86ds,

I would assume that not. But again that's just an assumption.
Members have posted in the past that when a caseworker is assessing your case, that your access to UKVCAS is restricted. Mine is still active and from my correspondance with UKVI, my application is still not with a caseworker. That's really one of the gray areas up to speculate on.

A couple years back they had launched a pilot whereby people could track the progress of their applications online, and they knew when a decision had been made before they received the letter, but it's been removed unfortunately.

Good luck.

leila82
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by leila82 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:22 am

sam86ds wrote:
Good afternoon,

Regards

I received an email that my application has had a decision and it was sent out on the 15th August, and I still can access to UKVCAS website so it doesn’t show that your application is under decision or not.

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:21 am

Hi guys,

It’s really interesting seeing the different timelines here. On average, the decision can be made 3/4 weeks up to 3 months. I’m stressing myself checking the post every single day! Regarding the decision letter, is it Royal Mail sign for 2nd class letter? Based from the timelines provided, I’m expecting mine next week!

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:23 am

leila82 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:22 am
sam86ds wrote:
Good afternoon,

Regards

I received an email that my application has had a decision and it was sent out on the 15th August, and I still can access to UKVCAS website so it doesn’t show that your application is under decision or not.

@leila, did you email them to follow up your application? What was your timeline like? Thank you!

joseph2019
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by joseph2019 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:33 pm

erd03 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:21 am
Hi guys,

It’s really interesting seeing the different timelines here. On average, the decision can be made 3/4 weeks up to 3 months. I’m stressing myself checking the post every single day! Regarding the decision letter, is it Royal Mail sign for 2nd class letter? Based from the timelines provided, I’m expecting mine next week!
What makes you think this would be this week?
I think your best bet would be to email them and ask about a progress on your application.

If they tell you that your case is with a caseworker or that they will contact you within 21 days, then you know it's coming soon.

erd03
Newly Registered

Post by erd03 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Do they email you? I thought they don’t usually communicate unless you email them for updates ?