ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2019 Naturalization Response Delay Discussion

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gzckrg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: 2019 Naturalization Response Delay Discussion

Post by gzckrg » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:52 am

Yes, I have the 1st stage letter 2 days ago.
I have 5-6 friends who applied 1,5 years ago and still didn't get 2nd stage letter. That's why I said your application seems quick enough.
It doesn't hurt to ask anyway but they always have standard response, saying nothing about the process at the end.
masterboy123 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:49 am
Is it the first letter that you got 2 days ago?

I checked again, I actually submitted in mid February and got letter of acknowledgement + second stage letter in mid March.

It says usually it takes 6 months for an application to be processed from the date of submission. This 6 months is over for me.
I will wait another week and contact them. :oops:
gzckrg wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:44 am
I got my letter 2 days ago so I don't think I should.
For your case, I am not sure exactly but if it was me, I wouldn't contact. Because it looks like your application is being processed very quickly so I don't see any problem.
masterboy123 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:39 am
Do we need to contact Citizenship dept to get an update? :?:
gzckrg wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:38 am

I see, mine doesn't say anything about 2nd stage. I applied in March as well.

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

2019 Naturalization Response Delay Discussion

Post by Dubman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:45 am

Finally, I received a acknowledged letter last Friday 16th August and they have returned my old passport with receipt of money and reference number.
Letter says, "it is initially processed and now look to whether I meet statuery conditions or not and it will take 6 month the date they received my application."

Question is I submitted my application in middle of March and it is now nearly 6 months. Do they have intentions to take another 6 months for this??
Only God knows how long they will take for my application.

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Just bumping this as the chart has been updated. Despite INIS not being able to approve applications or schedule ceremonies, they don't seem to have done much on acknowledging applications either. Average time to provide an application number is now at highest in 5 years.
markem wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:18 am
Here's a chart of average time between application and acknowledgement, by month, based on the posts to this forum. Image
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:45 pm

As usual, markem, your charts are oh-so-apt and incredibly insightful. Always a pleasure to look at them- thank you!

Yes, I applied in the last week of June and got my reference number and receipt of payment in the post yesterday after 16 weeks which read “IMPORTANT NOTE: Your application has not been examined in full and we will be unable to confirm if you meet the other statutory conditions for naturalisation until a further examination takes place.”

Interesting aye? Wonder if they mean I’ve been out of the country for a day and if they’ll continue to work on the application and issue further letters once (or rather, IF) there’s a positive ruling from the three judges.

Wonder if that’s what everyone is receiving now.

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:45 pm
As usual, markem, your charts are oh-so-apt and incredibly insightful. Always a pleasure to look at them- thank you!

Yes, I applied in the last week of June and got my reference number and receipt of payment in the post yesterday after 16 weeks...
Thanks! And thanks for your update on the timeline thread. That's why I reposted the chart, as I now have a few data points for applications in June. May is only based on one post, so isn't accurate yet.
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:16 pm

markem wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:30 pm
Bealtaine wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:45 pm

Yes, I applied in the last week of June and got my reference number and receipt of payment in the post yesterday after 16 weeks...
Thanks! And thanks for your update on the timeline thread. That's why I reposted the chart, as I now have a few data points for applications in June. May is only based on one post, so isn't accurate yet.
My pleasure and thank you again kind sir! :)