ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - uploaded wrong BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jmf11
Newly Registered
Canada

URGENT - uploaded wrong BRP

Post by jmf11 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:21 am

Hi,

I am applying for Tier 2 dependent extension in the UK. My husband has ILR.

I have just realised I made a huge mistake - I have uploaded the wrong BRP to the UKVCAS website. I uploaded my old BRP (which was a Tier 5 YMS) and not my current Tier 2 Dependent BRP.

My appointment was Wednesday evening. Nobody mentioned anything.
I have gone on the UKVCAS website and was able to upload a copy of my current BRP now - is it too late? Is there anything I can do? Where should I call or write to fix this?

Thanks a lot.

jmf11
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: URGENT - uploaded wrong BRP

Post by jmf11 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi,

Sorry to chase, but can anyone help me? I understand I made a mistake, but this is worrying me a lot. I tried to call UKVI but unexpectedly to no avail.

Is there any way I can send the right BRP to UKVI?

Given I put the correct BRP number in my application, and that they have all my details in their records, hopefully the case worker will notice I made an honest mistake, and will either approve it, or ask me for a copy of my BRP (which I have)?

Is there any chance the case worker refuses my application even if I currently have a Tier 2 Dependent Visa, my husband is on ILR, and my daughter's renewal application (which has been submitted with mine) should be approved?

If they refuse it, and my current BRP has expired, can they deport me? Can I reapply in the event they decline me?

Thanks a lot

jmf11
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by jmf11 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:29 am

Can anyone please help me on this?

Keen to know if there is anything I can do, or if I just have to wait to hear from the case worker?

What are the chances I get my application rejected (instead of the case worker asking for the correct BRP, or simply approving it)?

Thanks in advance

mccheb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belgium

Post by mccheb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 am

Hi

I would suggest you sending a cover letter (in which you should make clear what type of visa you are applying, your application number, etc.), along with a photocopy of the correct BRP, to
Sheffield. In the meantime you can also try to call them or email them.

jmf11
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by jmf11 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have tried to call but could not get to anyone given I am still within the 8 weeks processing time.

Could you kindly let me know which address to email, or mail, my cover letter and BRP?

Many thanks

mccheb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belgium

Post by mccheb » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:28 am

Hello,

In my case (I want to send a cover letter as I filled something wrong in my application),
I tried the following email addresses, together with the "paid" email enquiry on Home Office's webpage:

ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
SRSUKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk

Yet unfortunately I did not received any useful reply.

Hence I also sent the letter to the postal address:

PO BOX 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

This time I got a reply in post, and they said "it's fine, we've added it to your file in the system".
So don't worry, just try to send it out before the case worker handles your case (if you're using the
standard service, then surely your case is still in a very long queue!)