ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Auk333
Pakistan

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Auk333 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Hello all
Please share your court hearing experience
I am still worried don’t know what judge will ask

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:08 am

You will receive good news soon in Jesus Name :)

kiss300 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:39 pm
Eledumare wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:20 pm
Ahh it feels amazing to be in the legal world. I can’t stop crying, I still can’t believe how quickly the whole process was.. but all thanks to God Almighty

Thank you Happymummy for all your support :)

Happymummy wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:59 pm
I can imagine how you are now...I cried the whole day ...

Eledumare wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 pm
AFTER 14 YEARS OF BEING ILLEGAL IN THE UK.. God came through for me. I have been granted leave to remain in the Uk ahhhh thank you so much to everyone in the group that has replied my numerous questions I gained my confidence and made the application. I have been granted with leave to remain with recourse to public fund. Thank you so much God.
We thank for you. I sent my visa around the same time as you and am still waiting. Praying it comes on time. In Jesus name.

mohammedzab
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) Application time August 2019

Post by mohammedzab » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 am

Hi everyone

FLR FP , 2019 Processing times , August 2019

I have been reading this forum on and off and it's a great help where everyone can share their story, nasty stories by H.O and stupid decisions .. Similarly some good news from people, getting to stay in the country and with their families and children.

Applied FLR FP / 10-year partner route my 1st Extension ( in Mid-May,2019, don't remember the exact date probably 14th May , I was given the first 30 months visa in 2016 )

I have two children (both British and they acquire their citizenship from their Mother who is also born British Citizen).

applied online on 14th of May, 2019
Biometric done: 28th of May
H.O , Requested one extra letter for my little one, even though I presented her passport and Birth-Certificate
(who wasn't born when I was given the previous visa in 2016, I had only one child when this FLR FP , Rule 276 visa was granted to me in 2016)

H.O Gave me 14-days to send Doc / Dentist letter : Which I Did (cost me £25.00 and 9 days) , That lady was very understanding and Co-Operative because (this man in the H.O gave me only 7 days time, initially, But when I said, 7 days are too less, she pushed it up to 2 weeks, thanks to her, whomever she was )

I got a letter today around 9:30am , singed for delivery, on the 17th of August, that visa has been granted for 30 months ..
No passports included inside the envelope , It says, Passports will be sent separate and BRP will also come separate.

So, it took my visa 3 months exactly from the Date of Application , Or you can say , 2 months 16 Days from the Date of Biometric approximately

I don't claim no Benefits (No Job Seekers, no housing allowance, no Free Prescriptions , nothing for myself at all)
only thing my wife takes (which goes directly goes in her bank account, which is only on her name) is Child Benefit / Child tax Credit and Working Tax Credit (nothing more)

I was told by the revenue deptt, these 3 aren't classed as Public Funds, these are family entitlements (because) they are based on your national insurance contributions to Exchequer . Just giving some extra information , if someone is interested !!

And I did write all of this info down in my application and included the copies of her bank statements along with the application when went for the biometric and documentation scanning. They returned everything, but kept my Passports.

Hope everyone , waiting for the visa, get it as soon as, because it's just an extra burden / stress over your heads and restricts you sometimes. So my prayers for all of you & best wishes !

Now I am planning to go on holidays for a week with my wife & Kids as soon as my Passport and BRP arrives
Have a great day
Mo

Everythingworksout
Nigeria

Post by Everythingworksout » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:05 pm

Eledumare wrote:
AFTER 14 YEARS OF BEING ILLEGAL IN THE UK.. God came through for me. I have been granted leave to remain in the Uk ahhhh thank you so much to everyone in the group that has replied my numerous questions I gained my confidence and made the application. I have been granted with leave to remain with recourse to public fund. Thank you so much God.
Ah!!!!! This is great news! Big congratulations. Everything happened so quick! Feels like it was only yesterday when you posted that you’d applied .

I’m so happy for you!!! I wish you all the best 👌🏾👌🏾

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:09 pm

It feels like I'm in dream land. I have read my decision letter a million times. ahh God was Good with the speed of the process.

I can't wait to take my son on Holiday :)

Everythingworksout wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Eledumare wrote:
Ah!!!!! This is great news! Big congratulations. Everything happened so quick! Feels like it was only yesterday when you posted that you’d applied .

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Holiday it is hun,

Waiting for the school holidays to finish and get deals.😊😊...Am so celebrating on your behalf...It would have been nice to get to have contact with you outside the forum but who knows...🙂🙂

Eledumare wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:09 pm
It feels like I'm in dream land. I have read my decision letter a million times. ahh God was Good with the speed of the process.

Eledumare wrote:

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:11 pm

haha you know the deal, after school holiday is always the best time to find great deals. I know it will really be nice if we were able to exchange contact and keep in touch outside the forum :( but don't think the admins let us do that. yay then its double celebration :D :D :D

Happymummy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:55 pm
Holiday it is hun,

Waiting for the school holidays to finish and get deals.😊😊...Am so celebrating on your behalf...It would have been nice to get to have contact with you outside the forum but who knows...🙂🙂

Eledumare wrote:

Eledumare wrote:

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:23 pm

With time it will start sinking in..its now 2 months and am getting the hang of it slowly...😊.Am even writing a bucket list of places to visit...😄

Eledumare wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:11 pm
haha you know the deal, after school holiday is always the best time to find great deals. I know it will really be nice if we were able to exchange contact and keep in touch outside the forum :( but don't think the admins let us do that. yay then its double celebration :D :D :D

Happymummy wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:55 pm
Holiday it is hun,

Eledumare wrote:

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi guys,

Please can someone advise?

My second extendion, I added my Uk second born who hasn't gotten British residence yet. He got a brp card just as me.

In my last extension which I made in Jul, 2019 I added him as my son but didn't apply with him. So the application was done only by me. HO has once said, if the child is born here in Uk there was no need to apply with him or her if you know u won't travel outside UK. I won't be travelling out of UK. I will apply for indifinate next yr and I will then apply indifinate for him after.

Is it something for me to worry about since I did apply with him to my last extension?

I am still waiting for my decision to come.

Thank you. Any feedback or experience or storyline like this would be appreciated.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Eledumare wrote:
Congratulations!!! I am so so happy for you

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Thank you soooo much :D :)
bathanza wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:21 pm
Eledumare wrote:
Congratulations!!! I am so so happy for you

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:35 pm

mohammedzab wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 am
Hi everyone

I have been reading this forum on and off and it's a great help where everyone can share their story, nasty stories by H.O and stupid decisions .. Similarly some good news from people, getting to stay in the country and with their families and children.

Applied FLR FP / 10-year partner route my 1st Extension ( in Mid-May,2019, don't remember the exact date probably 14th May , I was given the first 30 months visa in 2016 )

I have two children (both British and they acquire their citizenship from their Mother who is also born British Citizen).

H.O , Requested one extra letter for my little one, even though I presented her passport and Birth-Certificate
(who wasn't born when I was given the previous visa in 2016, I had only one child when this FLR FP , Rule 276 visa was granted to me in 2016)

H.O Gave me 14-days to send Doc / Dentist letter : Which I Did (cost me £25.00 and 9 days) , That lady was very understanding and Co-Operative because (this man in the H.O gave me only 7 days time, initially, But when I said, 7 days are too less, she pushed it up to 2 weeks, thanks to her, whomever she was )

I got a letter today around 9:30am , singed for delivery, on the 17th of August, that visa has been granted for 30 months ..
No passports included inside the envelope , It says, Passports will be sent separate and BRP will also come separate.

So, it took my visa 3 months exactly from the Date of Application , Or you can say , 2 months 16 Days from the Date of Biometric approximately

I don't claim no Benefits (No Job Seekers, no housing allowance, no Free Prescriptions , nothing for myself at all)
only thing my wife takes (which goes directly goes in her bank account, which is only on her name) is Child Benefit / Child tax Credit and Working Tax Credit (nothing more)

I was told by the revenue deptt, these 3 aren't classed as Public Funds, these are family entitlements (because) they are based on your national insurance contributions to Exchequer . Just giving some extra information , if someone is interested !!

And I did write all of this info down in my application and included the copies of her bank statements along with the application when went for the biometric and documentation scanning. They returned everything, but kept my Passports.

Hope everyone , waiting for the visa, get it as soon as, because it's just an extra burden / stress over your heads and restricts you sometimes. So my prayers for all of you & best wishes !

Now I am planning to go on holidays for a week with my wife & Kids as soon as my Passport and BRP arrives
Have a great day
Mo
Hi. Congratulation for Visa. I just want to know. What documents you send for your kids. Who born before your Visa and one who born after Visa. Such as any nursery, gp letter etc.

Fabflower15
Newly Registered

Post by Fabflower15 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:31 pm

Eledumare wrote:
Ahh it feels amazing to be in the legal world. I can’t stop crying, I still can’t believe how quickly the whole process was.. but all thanks to God Almighty

Happymummy wrote:

Eledumare wrote:
Congratulations.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 am

Thank you :)
Fabflower15 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:31 pm
Eledumare wrote:

Happymummy wrote:

Eledumare wrote:
Congratulations.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:11 pm

mohammedzab wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 am
Hi everyone

Have a great day
Mo
Good to hear you finally got granted. I read ur previous messages. I could tell you were super frustrated. I am happy you finally free.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:58 am

Happy to hear the good news!!

Just like you I have also read the decision letter a million times, its so good.

The Lord is faithful!!!

Enjoy your freedom!

Eledumare wrote:

Eledumare wrote:

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:02 am

Yayyyy Congratulations. The lord never fails.. I pray we read more good news from this forum in Jesus Name :)

Vini81 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:58 am

Just like you I have also read the decision letter a million times, its so good.

The Lord is faithful!!!

Enjoy your freedom!

Eledumare wrote:

Eledumare wrote:

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Hi can anyone plz guide me in this case
Applied for flr fp in Oct 2017
Rejected in and got right of appeal in Feb 2019
Appeal got rejected and appleid on upper tribunal got one more chance of hearing in September.
now .solicitor saying to take barrister with u who is charging a lot we can’t afford in this situation.can we represent our case ourselves in upper tribunal can anyone plz suggest .

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:30 pm

Monz wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:59 pm
Appeal got rejected and appleid on upper tribunal got one more chance of hearing in September.
now .solicitor saying to take barrister with u who is charging a lot we can’t afford in this situation.can we represent our case ourselves in upper tribunal can anyone plz suggest .
What’s your case background and on what bases your appeal not allowed ?

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Auk333 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:30 pm
Monz wrote:
I ve been sharing my case on this forum from 2 years but think ppl with us all got their visa sorted except us 😞
Came uk as a student with a spouse and 4 year daughter in 2011
2012 other child born here in uk
Kept extending visas till 2017
Put flr application on our kids bases in 2017 daughter was 10 at tht time and son born here was 5 .so after rejection and appeals got one more chance on upper tribunal
daughter is 12 now and son born here is 7 .not sure To put new application as son is 7 now or go to this appeal .

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:01 am

Try and put in a new application since your child is now 7yrs.

That's my opinion.
Monz wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 pm
Auk333 wrote:
Monz wrote:
I ve been sharing my case on this forum from 2 years but think ppl with us all got their visa sorted except us 😞
Put flr application on our kids bases in 2017 daughter was 10 at tht time and son born here was 5 .so after rejection and appeals got one more chance on upper tribunal
daughter is 12 now and son born here is 7 .not sure To put new application as son is 7 now or go to this appeal .

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:03 am

Did you finally get your brps?
How long did it take?and what about your refund?

Vini81 wrote:

The Lord is faithful!!!

Enjoy your freedom!

Eledumare wrote:

Eledumare wrote:

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:33 pm

Monz wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 pm
Auk333 wrote:
Monz wrote:
I think your case is very simple now.by the time of your first application your daughter was 6 years old that’s why maybe your appeal not allowed.if you go for fresh application as happymumy told you as well. But still we are not a solicitors you have to go to some competent person to discuss your case.
Hard time is finish for you on 7 years they will definitely accept your application

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi Happymum,

Yes, I posted it here but I guess you couldn't keep up.

It took two weeks for the refund and 4 weeks for the BRP. Received passports back in the post and two days later the cards arrived.

We're in Brazil now enjoying some deserved break after 10 years 🙂

What about yours?

Happymummy wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:03 am

Vini81 wrote:

The Lord is faithful!!!

Enjoy your freedom!

Eledumare wrote:

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:02 pm

Awww I’m sooo happy for you... you deserve all the enjoyment.

Was your passport signed for. I’m still waiting for mine to be delivered

Vini81 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:48 pm
Hi Happymum,

Yes, I posted it here but I guess you couldn't keep up.

It took two weeks for the refund and 4 weeks for the BRP. Received passports back in the post and two days later the cards arrived.

We're in Brazil now enjoying some deserved break after 10 years 🙂

What about yours?

Happymummy wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:03 am

Vini81 wrote:

The Lord is faithful!!!

Enjoy your freedom!

Eledumare wrote: