ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overturned uk visit visa-please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BrianGitonga
Newly Registered
Kenya

Overturned uk visit visa-please help

Post by BrianGitonga » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:48 pm

Hello all,
I applied for a UK visit visa last month which i got a refusal and the next day i got an email as below:
Further to the decision by an Entry Clearance Manager to overturn your refusal, we request that you submit your passport for the application to be reconsidered.
Please take a copy of this email and your passport to the visa application centre. Please respond to this email to indicate when you will be able to return your passport to the visa application centre to enable us to update our records.

Does this mean that they will issue me with the visa or they will have a look at the application once again?
How long do i have to wait to get my passport back?

Everythingworksout
Nigeria

Re: Overturned uk visit visa-please help

Post by Everythingworksout » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:03 pm

BrianGitonga wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:48 pm
Hello all,
I applied for a UK visit visa last month which i got a refusal and the next day i got an email as below:
Further to the decision by an Entry Clearance Manager to overturn your refusal, we request that you submit your passport for the application to be reconsidered.
Please take a copy of this email and your passport to the visa application centre. Please respond to this email to indicate when you will be able to return your passport to the visa application centre to enable us to update our records.

Does this mean that they will issue me with the visa or they will have a look at the application once again?
Overturning a refusal means, they have changed the previous decision and they will now issue you the visa.

So congratulations

BrianGitonga
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by BrianGitonga » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Thanks very much....waiting for my passport back though i have no idea how long it should take.
Thanks🙏

BrianGitonga
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by BrianGitonga » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:47 pm

Everythingworksout wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:03 pm
BrianGitonga wrote:
Hello all,

Overturning a refusal means, they have changed the previous decision and they will now issue you the visa.

So congratulations
Thanks very much
I received my passport today with 180 days.

Everythingworksout
Nigeria

Post by Everythingworksout » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 pm

BrianGitonga wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:47 pm
Everythingworksout wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:03 pm
BrianGitonga wrote:
Hello all,

So congratulations
Thanks very much
I received my passport today with 180 days.
You’re welcome! Congratulations

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:46 am

Congratulations!

It's not common that they issue a refusal then by themselves decide to change their mind :) It was a lucky day for you, enjoy!