ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of 5 years continuous residence for EU Settlement Scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Evidence of 5 years continuous residence for EU Settlement Scheme

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:34 pm

Hi
I’m finally back from my holiday travels and now ready to apply for EU Settlement Scheme.

I arrived in UK in 26th of June 2014 using Surinder Singh Route as we lived in Cyprus for many years (we both grew up there). I hold a residence permit of an EU EEA family member expiring in January 2020, I am now in UK for almost 5 years and 2 weeks so will be eligible for settled status. Now my concern is the evidence of continuous residence because ever since we have lived in my husband’s parents manor house, the house is big so they never really let us leave and rent or buy a place, so obviously I cannot provide tenancy agreement, rent bills or any utility bills.

So because of this, my only evidence I can provide are the following:
1. Annual bank statements (mine, husband and joint account - from 2014 to present)
2. P60 (mine from 2014 to recent, husband from 2014 to 2017 then payslips from 2018 to present because he is doing part time + self employed)
3. Copy of national Insurance number (so they can check it online)

Also, 5 years ago when I applied for residence permit, I submitted a letter from my husband’s parents saying we live with them + copy of land title + copy of their passports + copy of utility bills. Can I include this evidence again or there is no point to send it?

If my evidences are not enough, please can you advise what more can I submit?

Thank you very much xx

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Evidence of 5 years continuous residence for EU Settlement Scheme

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:49 pm

The annual statements, are they the ones you receive monthly at home or were they printed online or at a branch all in one go?

The one you receive at home can serve as proof of address, the one printed a the branch don't.

As foreign national you have to be proactive about this kind of documents. Take a BT landline for example. Even if you don't need it. Don't go paperless in anything. Ask to be added to the utility bills... Because any time you engage the Home Office they expect a lot of documents from you.

For the EU settlement scheme, I heard that the NI records are used. They should work for you in this occasion.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:12 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:49 pm
The annual statements, are they the ones you receive monthly at home or were they printed online or at a branch all in one go?

The one you receive at home can serve as proof of address, the one printed a the branch don't.

As foreign national you have to be proactive about this kind of documents. Take a BT landline for example. Even if you don't need it. Don't go paperless in anything. Ask to be added to the utility bills... Because any time you engage the Home Office they expect a lot of documents from you.

For the EU settlement scheme, I heard that the NI records are used. They should work for you in this occasion.
I’ve got all the monthly bank statements but I also specifically requested annual bank statements from the bank with official stamps not the one printed online. Where did you find the details regarding printed statements from the branch are not accepted by home office?

I never asked his parents to put our name in utility bills as we never thought that we will still be staying here until now.

I’m aware that NI number are accepted but I’m applying through paper application so not sure how to go ahead for this.

Thank you for your time replying btw xx

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:39 pm

If I move tomorrow to a new address, then update my address and ask the bank to send me 12 months of statements, they will bear the new address regardless what was my address when the transactions were recorded.

I have seen an administration, just last month (not the Home Office), refusing printed bank statements as proof of address. They can be a proof or revenue or whatever, but these printed statements don't demonstrate that you were at such address any point in time.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:41 pm

@ljdebenedictis

I don't agree with ZERUBBABEL.

In my own case for SETTLED STATUS i uploaded online printed statement which i directly converted into PDF instead of printing them on hard copy. They were accepted by the case worker. And before sending them I have spoken to the EU TEAM they acknowledged that it is acceptable.

And annual statements are more than enough to cover 5 years and you have P60s as well.

It will 100% suffice the requirement.

Go for it and you will see the result.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Have a look below about annual statement.
Attachments
20190818_173617.jpg
20190818_173617.jpg (646.35 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:39 pm
If I move tomorrow to a new address, then update my address and ask the bank to send me 12 months of statements, they will bear the new address regardless what was my address when the transactions were recorded.

I have seen an administration, just last month (not the Home Office), refusing printed bank statements as proof of address. They can be a proof or revenue or whatever, but these printed statements don't demonstrate that you were at such address any point in time.
I understand what you mean but I requested for the bank statements from the day i moved here (June 2014) until last month (July 2019), I never moved anyway so annual bank account shows my address for the last 5 years, besides what they want to see is that I’m leaving in England for the continuous 5 years, it does not matter if I moved house or not, as long ad I’m in the country continuously.

I get what you mean when you mentioned about moving to a new address and request for a bank statements, yes it will still show your previous address from the current statement but not on the following bank statements.

I do appreciate your effort answering my questions. Thank you very much cx

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:07 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:41 pm
@ljdebenedictis

I don't agree with ZERUBBABEL.

In my own case for SETTLED STATUS i uploaded online printed statement which i directly converted into PDF instead of printing them on hard copy. They were accepted by the case worker. And before sending them I have spoken to the EU TEAM they acknowledged that it is acceptable.

And annual statements are more than enough to cover 5 years and you have P60s as well.

It will 100% suffice the requirement.

Go for it and you will see the result.
Hi there.
Thank you for replying.
I requested branch copies with stamps because I wasn’t sure if they will accept online statements (I had issues with visa application before and they requested an actual copy from the branch).

I was only asking because I dont know if my evidences are enough. I’m a bit worried because we dont have utility bills. I saw that photo you sent above and I am looking at the same list, just wanted to make sure it will be enough.

Thank you for your help
I will be sending my application this week, hust waiting for the banks statements
Thank you again xx