ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Beenu Thapa
Newly Registered
Nepal

ILR visa

Post by Beenu Thapa » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi ,

I entered in uk in 17th may 2016 on my spouse visa then i renewed my extension visa in 27th november 2018 . I got visa until 24th june 2021. But my problem is i am having problem with my husband and i am trying to workout things with my husband but if in future my marriage didnot workout and he declined to give me visa or with my ILR visa what will be my options . Please advice

Thankyou

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR visa

Post by bizman » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Depending on the cause of the problem and the status of your relationship, you might have good grounds to stay away from him but you will have to inform home Office about this so they can advise on the best way to handle your immigration status.

If it involves violence and it can be proven, then it’s possible but if you are the one that is wrong it might be difficult.

Always I advise people to try and iron out there differences. You can’t get a perfect person but can work things out with understanding
Bizman

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR visa

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:00 am

Spouse visa is issued based the condition of a subsisting genuine relationship. If that ceases to be the case, then generally the expectation is that you should leave either before your visa runs out or when the UKVI curtails your leave. It may not be as straightforward if domestic violence is suspected or children are involved
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice