ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKM application experience and timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Conky2a
Mood:

Re: UKM application experience and timeline

Post by Conky2a » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:20 am

Jeanelsie wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:23 pm
Hi Jeanelsie,

So my wife’s application was submitted and witnessed on 24 july, and i posted the required docs the next day 25th registered mail. The french post office tracking system confirmed delivery yesterday morning 29th, and HMPO have acknowledged receipt this afternoon 30th. God knows what they were doing to it up to now......next step approval..
It’s a long process. Patience is definitely required 😃 I sent off the paperwork for my passport yesterday (01/08) and am a bit worried about the letter from my employer. I work for my husband, so I don’t know if they’ll accept that. The family name is on the letterhead.
Conky2a - your wife is a week ahead of me, so i shall follow your progress with interest and compare timelines
[/quote]

Approved today Jeanelsie, so a week after they received the documents requested.

Conky2a
Mood:

Post by Conky2a » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:45 pm

Approved, printed and dispatched within two hours.....impressive!

Conky2a
Mood:

Post by Conky2a » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Conky2a wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:45 pm
And received today. Exactly two weeks from online application. And exactly six months since UKVI received my wife’s application for citizenship on February 7th.

I’m off for a lie down and a very large brandy.......

Jeanelsie
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Jeanelsie » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Conky2a wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:30 pm
Conky2a wrote:
And received today. Exactly two weeks from online application. And exactly six months since UKVI received my wife’s application for citizenship on February 7th.

Well done! And I’m so impressed with HMPO’s efficiency. Enjoy that brandy - boy, do we all deserve one of those at the end of this process 😂

Rabbit123

Post by Rabbit123 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Congratulations! The brandy was well deserved :-)

Conky2a wrote:
Conky2a wrote:

@jkproperties: any update on your process? I was hoping the approval wouldn’t take too long after biometrics enrolment as you had to wait such a long time for it.

jkproperties

Post by jkproperties » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 am

Morning,
No nothing yet, just waiting impatiently.

Hopefully it does come soon.
Rabbit123 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:37 pm
Congratulations! The brandy was well deserved :-)

Conky2a wrote:
Conky2a wrote:

@jkproperties: any update on your process? I was hoping the approval wouldn’t take too long after biometrics enrolment as you had to wait such a long time for it.

Rabbit123

Post by Rabbit123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 am

jkproperties wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 am
Morning,
No nothing yet, just waiting impatiently.

Hopefully it does come soon.
Fingers crossed. Maybe the delay is due to summer holiday time...

Rabbit123

Post by Rabbit123 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 am

Eligibility Criteria: UKM
Applying from: EU
Method of application: Online with documents sent by post
Payment method: Credit card
Date of application: March 30, 2019
Date documents sent: April 8, 2019
Date of UKVI acknowledgement email: april 1, 2019
Date of receipt by UKVI: Not known
Date of e-mail requesting biometrics: July 22, 2019
Bio-metrics done: August 13, 2019
Date of approval: PENDING
Date of invitation to ceremony: PENDING
Date of ceremony: PENDING
Date applied for passport: PENDING
Date passport received: PENDING

Conky2a
Mood:

Post by Conky2a » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:55 am

Jeanelsie wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:18 pm
Conky2a wrote:
Conky2a wrote:

Well done! And I’m so impressed with HMPO’s efficiency. Enjoy that brandy - boy, do we all deserve one of those at the end of this process 😂

Any news Jeanelsie ?

Jeanelsie
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Jeanelsie » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi there, good news. I received an email and sms on Tuesday, saying my application had been approved, and at 22h44 that same night I got another message, saying it had been printed and was being despatched. DHL then sent an sms on Wednesday saying it would be delivered by 17h00 on 20/8. Needless to say, I’m thrilled.
But no celebratory glass of brandy (or even champagne!) until I have my passport in my hands 😃 I am, however, deeply impressed by HMPO. If I do receive it on Tuesday, that will be almost exactly 6 months since my UKM application was received by HO, and three weeks since I sent the passport papers to Durham. Not as speedy as your wife’s application Conky2a, but still pretty impressive🍷

keh723
United States of America

Post by keh723 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Jeanelsie wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:55 pm
Hi there, good news. I received an email and sms on Tuesday, saying my application had been approved, and at 22h44 that same night I got another message, saying it had been printed and was being despatched. DHL then sent an sms on Wednesday saying it would be delivered by 17h00 on 20/8. Needless to say, I’m thrilled.
But no celebratory glass of brandy (or even champagne!) until I have my passport in my hands 😃 I am, however, deeply impressed by HMPO. If I do receive it on Tuesday, that will be almost exactly 6 months since my UKM application was received by HO, and three weeks since I sent the passport papers to Durham. Not as speedy as your wife’s application Conky2a, but still pretty impressive🍷
Ugh! We haven’t had as great luck with passport app. After reading on here that it takes 1-2 weeks, I thought it would be easy. My documents are in a black hole somewhere! USPS tracking says they left London 13/8. Parcelforce doesn’t even register it as arriving in U.K. My app status still says to send documents. Sent 8/8, so I’m getting a bit nervous. Bad enough I had to wait 2 weeks for my U.K. person who was verifying me to get back from vacation before I could send my documents. My sister sent hers more than a week before me. She got notification they received her documents and then nothing. Today she got an email that her photo is unacceptable and she has to email another photo. The one she uploaded was accepted in the online application. Praying my documents turn up. I waited 50 years for that piece of paper!

Jeanelsie
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Jeanelsie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:15 pm

I am really sorry to hear this keh723. It must be extremely stressful - I hope your papers have turned up by now.
I received my passport this morning. DHL delivered the passport and documents separately. What a journey it has been. My favorite grey hair is called UKM.
Good luck to everyone. You will get there - it just takes time and lots of patience.

keh723
United States of America

Post by keh723 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Jeanelsie wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:15 pm
I am really sorry to hear this keh723. It must be extremely stressful - I hope your papers have turned up by now.
I received my passport this morning. DHL delivered the passport and documents separately. What a journey it has been. My favorite grey hair is called UKM.
Good luck to everyone. You will get there - it just takes time and lots of patience.
Got tracking that it finally arrived today. Two weeks it took to get there! At least I know not lost. Now hopefully they will print and send passport to me soon.

Ballet
South Africa

Post by Ballet » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:43 pm

You must be so happy to not have to keep checking your inbox and your post box for the next piece of communication!

I’m waiting for the oath invitation now. It’s almost 4 weeks since approval and I’m impatiently checking for the email.
Jeanelsie wrote:

Rabbit123

Post by Rabbit123 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Jeanelsie wrote:
Congratulations! I imagine it must be a great feeling to finally hold the passport in your hands.
I hope i’ll get there eventually... makes me wonder if there’s ever been a refusal for UKM if the mother was clearly UK born?!

Rabbit123

Post by Rabbit123 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:54 pm

keh723 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Got tracking that it finally arrived today. Two weeks it took to get there! At least I know not lost. Now hopefully they will print and send passport to me soon.
What a relief. How awful to think all the official documents could be just anywhere.
Hope the rest of the process goes smoother.

Rabbit123

Post by Rabbit123 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Ballet wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:43 pm
You must be so happy to not have to keep checking your inbox and your post box for the next piece of communication!

I’m waiting for the oath invitation now. It’s almost 4 weeks since approval and I’m impatiently checking for the email.
This is the worst thing about the application, isn’t it? Constantly checking emails and waiting... waiting... waiting...
So from my point of view you have already received what I am desperately waiting for (approval) but obviously the waiting isn’t over then. So the invitation to the ceremony will be by email, right?

Ballet
South Africa

Post by Ballet » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:10 pm

Rabbit123 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:59 pm

This is the worst thing about the application, isn’t it? Constantly checking emails and waiting... waiting... waiting...
So from my point of view you have already received what I am desperately waiting for (approval) but obviously the waiting isn’t over then. So the invitation to the ceremony will be by email, right?
Yes, the invitation to the oath ceremony will come by email. I have already emailed the consulate to find out what time frame we’re looking at and was told that the certificates take 4 to 6 weeks to get here from the date of approval.

Every step is closer to the end but then there seem to be more weeks to wait before the end finally arrives. I’m only a few weeks from the 6 month mark so I may one of the first to go over that threshold.

luthersnowak
United States of America

Post by luthersnowak » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:46 pm

Ballet wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:10 pm
Rabbit123 wrote:

Yes, the invitation to the oath ceremony will come by email. I have already emailed the consulate to find out what time frame we’re looking at and was told that the certificates take 4 to 6 weeks to get here from the date of approval.

Every step is closer to the end but then there seem to be more weeks to wait before the end finally arrives. I’m only a few weeks from the 6 month mark so I may one of the first to go over that threshold.
It can be really difficult waiting. I initially sent my UKM application in June 2018. I didn't attend a ceremony until February 2019. I have talked to several others here that exceeded the 6 month target. I was extremely impatient. I sent several emails to various departments trying to get any info on the status of my case. Each case is different, and unfortunately, I think a lot of it depends on your case worker. Definitely try to contact someone if you haven't heard anything at 6 months. You can try to contact them before, but honestly, they'll probably tell you to wait until 6 months have elapsed. Something I did discover that I don't know that a lot of people notice. If you email the "furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk", the response is a standard "we received your request, please be patient, blah,blah,blah" email. But attached is a form to complete and return to them. I truly didn't notice the form attached the first time they responded to me. If you return that form, you will get a response. It may take a bit, but they will contact you.

Good Luck everyone!!

keh723
United States of America

Post by keh723 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Rabbit123 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:54 pm
keh723 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:19 pm

What a relief. How awful to think all the official documents could be just anywhere.
Hope the rest of the process goes smoother.
My application is now in the queue. However, they rejected my sister’s person to verify her identity! It is the same person who sponsored her citizenship application and they had no problem then. But for passport, they rejected her as sponsor. I think because her UK passport has expired and she doesn’t currently live in the UK. My son goes to school in UK so I know many people outside of my family. She really only knows our family there and they aren’t allowed to sponsor you.

Ballet
South Africa

Post by Ballet » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:07 am

Your sister probably does know British citizens who live in her area but she is unaware of their dual nationality status. I also thought it would be difficult to find referees but just asking around my own office I have found quite a few people who hold British citizenship and I've known them for years!
keh723 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 pm
My application is now in the queue. However, they rejected my sister’s person to verify her identity! It is the same person who sponsored her citizenship application and they had no problem then. But for passport, they rejected her as sponsor. I think because her UK passport has expired and she doesn’t currently live in the UK. My son goes to school in UK so I know many people outside of my family. She really only knows our family there and they aren’t allowed to sponsor you.

keh723
United States of America

Post by keh723 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:44 pm

After seeing that most others had their passports in a very short time, I really expected an easy time of this part of the process. However, I submitted my application online July 22 and still nothing. It took over two weeks for my documents to show as having been received. Now it’s been in the queue for processing for over a week. I don’t mind waiting, if I expected to wait. But everyone else seems to get theirs in less than 2 weeks. My sister was made to start over and submit fully on paper now, no online for her. She submitted her application online about July 15, and just now starting over. What I thought would be easy has turned out to be our worst bit. Flying over end of September so hopefully I receive it by then!

Rowge
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Rowge » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:15 am

Ballet wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:10 pm
Rabbit123 wrote:

I am now sitting on 8 weeks waiting for ceremony invitation. Hopefully it won't take the full 12 weeks for this to come.

Rabbit123

Post by Rabbit123 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:48 am

keh723 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:44 pm
After seeing that most others had their passports in a very short time, I really expected an easy time of this part of the process. However, I submitted my application online July 22 and still nothing. It took over two weeks for my documents to show as having been received. Now it’s been in the queue for processing for over a week. I don’t mind waiting, if I expected to wait. But everyone else seems to get theirs in less than 2 weeks. My sister was made to start over and submit fully on paper now, no online for her. She submitted her application online about July 15, and just now starting over. What I thought would be easy has turned out to be our worst bit. Flying over end of September so hopefully I receive it by then!
I totally agree. Waiting is hard but if that’s what it takes - ok. If we all faced the same timelines, it would be easier to understand.
I have the same problem with my BC application. It’s almost 5 months now and I only received my biometrics email end of July after sending numerous emails. I am very sure I won’t receive an approval within 6 months whereas most people received it a lot faster.

So what is your sister doing now? Has she found someone else for reference?

Good luck, hope it all turns out well.

Rabbit123

Post by Rabbit123 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:50 am

@jkproperties: no news yet?
You are 2 weeks ahead of me so I keep checking whether you have received anything in the meantime :wink: