ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 (Student) Family Ties

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Imman
Newly Registered
Mood:

Tier 4 (Student) Family Ties

Post by Imman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi,

Hoping to get some help on this as cannot find it on the board:

My sister is planning to come to the UK for study. She is Nigerian.

I live in the UK as a British Citizen and I am married but don't have any children.

My sister has her financial evidence from both her account and my fathers' (who is supporting her financially) The account statements will cover both school fees and accommodation but she plans to stay with me for some months.

Do I need to provide a letter confirming this and my relationship to her (sisters) with with copies of my passport/utility bill/passport or is this unnecessary -am I overthinking this?

Many thanks
Chioma

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 (Student) Family Ties

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:05 am

Imman wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:02 pm
Do I need to provide a letter confirming this and my relationship to her (sisters) with with copies of my passport/utility bill/passport
No.
Imman wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:02 pm
or is this unnecessary -am I overthinking this?
Yes
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Imman
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Imman » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks for your response.

In view of this, which address does she need to provide then; is it the university or mine as we haven't booked any accommodation for her. This will be done after she ha stayed with my for about 2 months.

Thanks

Chioma

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:45 am

Imman wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:37 am
In view of this, which address does she need to provide then; is it the university or mine as we haven't booked any accommodation for her. This will be done after she ha stayed with my for about 2 months.
It doesn't matter. Wherever she can be contacted. Once she has an address in the UK, she should update the Home Office using the Change of Circumstances form, in case they ever need to contact her.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Hellobro
India

Post by Hellobro » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi. from my personal experience, it is better she provides the address where she will live. During a credibility interview in the home country, they do ask about the accommodation.

If she have spoken to the university for short term accommodation then she can declare in the form.
During my student interview I was asked 'where will you be staying during your studies?' My answer was 'At University accommodation.' Further question ' Why at University campus??' My answer was, 'As it is close to campus, I can focus on studies and I don't have anyone who can help me find a place when I reach the country and secondly I will be able to stay connected to university students and mingle well in the culture.'

Even if your sister says that she plans to stay with you initially and then move with University friends or vice versa, then make it clear.

Imman
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Imman » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Thank you @Hellobro and @sah10406 for your quick responses, really appreciate this forum and all it's member.

Cheers

Chioma