ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lounes application - but how to get started

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daniel321
Newly Registered

Lounes application - but how to get started

Post by Daniel321 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:15 am

So I only recently discovered that Lounes is a 'thing' - which I am very excited about as I didn't think my mother would ever be able to join me in the UK. I am EU citizen who has naturalised as a British citizen.

She still lives abroad and has never lived in the UK.

I spoke to the HO and my impression is that she would submit a paper application to the settlement scheme under Lounes FROM her country, and then be granted a 6 month permit to move here and that it would be converted to settle status.

They corrected me to say she needs to apply to get a six month permit first, and then ONCE she is here, do the paper Lounes and get settled status. I am a bit confused now though and seeking a bit of guidance:

1. What is the actual application she needs to do from abroad to get this six month permit? Can anyone provide me with a name or a link to this?

2. From posts here, I know that the lounes route is taking a few months. Does anyone know how long this first part, for the family permit, can take?

3. I know the settlement scheme applications will close at the end of 2020, assuming no deal. Assuming we time all the family permit stuff well and she is here and she makes the application under lounes before the end of 2020 but she hasn't heard back with a response until after the end of 2020, I assume this wouldn't be an issue both in terms of the settlement scheme itself and even if her 6 month permit has expired by then? Don't want her to magically become 'illegal' because of timings and delays.

Thank you for the help!

Daniel321
Newly Registered

Re: Lounes application - but how to get started

Post by Daniel321 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:24 am

Oh, maybe a fourth, very important question.

Obviously the settlement scheme side of things will continue until the end of 2020 at least. But for the six month family permit thing to get it all started, would that need to be done now-ish, before 31 October in case we crash out, or would we be able to do this before the end of 2020 too? The EU settlement scheme family permit implies to me we are ok until the end of 2020 to get her over here or am I mistaken? I assume that we'd apply for the normal EEA permit before 31 Oct, and the settlement scheme over after the 31st?

Daniel321
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel321 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:50 am

One final thing...if I have to go the EEA family permit route rather than the settlement scheme family permit route, does that ruin my plans, given I cannot prove her dependency on me? For the settlement scheme, dependency is implied and accepted without needed evidence, so that route would be easier, but obviously I cannot apply for that route as I am also British.

it91

Post by it91 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Daniel321 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:15 am
So I only recently discovered that Lounes is a 'thing' - which I am very excited about as I didn't think my mother would ever be able to join me in the UK. I am EU citizen who has naturalised as a British citizen.

I spoke to the HO and my impression is that she would submit a paper application to the settlement scheme under Lounes FROM her country, and then be granted a 6 month permit to move here and that it would be converted to settle status.

They corrected me to say she needs to apply to get a six month permit first, and then ONCE she is here, do the paper Lounes and get settled status. I am a bit confused now though and seeking a bit of guidance:

1. What is the actual application she needs to do from abroad to get this six month permit? Can anyone provide me with a name or a link to this?

2. From posts here, I know that the lounes route is taking a few months. Does anyone know how long this first part, for the family permit, can take?

3. I know the settlement scheme applications will close at the end of 2020, assuming no deal. Assuming we time all the family permit stuff well and she is here and she makes the application under lounes before the end of 2020 but she hasn't heard back with a response until after the end of 2020, I assume this wouldn't be an issue both in terms of the settlement scheme itself and even if her 6 month permit has expired by then? Don't want her to magically become 'illegal' because of timings and delays.

Thank you for the help!
I recently applied for PSS via Lounes case from UK. Your questions are specific to your case, in fact everyone I know who did for paper based application had unique cases.

What I find beneficial is to give a call to EU Sertlement Scheme Resolution Centre and they’re always very helpful to give as much as information as you need.
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes PSS
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: PSS Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

Ayoubakkaoui
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Ayoubakkaoui » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:45 pm

it91 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:14 pm
Daniel321 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:15 am

Thank you for the help!
I recently applied for Pre Settled Status via Lounes case from UK. Your questions are specific to your case, in fact everyone I know who did for paper based application had unique cases.

What I find beneficial is to give a call to EU Sertlement Scheme Resolution Centre and they’re always very helpful to give as much as information as you need.
@it91 have you recieved an email when you were granted pre-settled satuts or it was by post plz ? and have you applied with employment prove or only your IDS ?