ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilesha
Newly Registered

Overstayer

Post by ilesha » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:33 am

My husband has an indefinite leave to remain and my 3 children now have there British passports. I am currently on a student visa but left school over a year ago because I could not pay the fees and struggling with the course. I was supposed to leave the country after 3 months of leaving school but my husband was depending on me till he was 10 yrs and had is ILR and our 3 children applied for British passport. Because I did not leave the country, I think I have bridged my current immigration rules. The student visa is still on until 2020 because it was for a PHD but I had left the school. Can I still make an application in country or I have to leave the uk to depend on husband or apply through my children. My oldest child is 6 years. I am now 10 years in uk. Can I still apply for ILR? What are my options. Please help

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Overstayer

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:18 am

ilesha wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:33 am
Can I still make an application in country or I have to leave the uk to depend on husband or apply through my children.
It depends on the type of application. This forum is only about Tier 4 applications, and you cannot apply for Tier 4 leave as an overstayer of more than 14 days. For other types of application, I suggest you get one-to-one professional advice on your options.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Overstayer

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:20 pm

It seems your helped your family but you stayed behind when it comes to immigration.

The situation as I read it is complex and messy.

As you stopped going to the school more than a year ago, they must have reported you to the Home Office. It's one of their duties if they want to keep their sponsor license. I doubt your Tier 4 visa is valid at the moment. Don't try to travel with it as it might have been cancelled and you won't be able to come back.

See a good solicitor and explore your options with him.