ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Special Student Scheme 2005-2010

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

solas
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: New Special Student Scheme 2005-2010

Post by solas » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:10 am

Hi,

To recap on my previous email, i submitted all documents including a reference letter last week and this morning the inis website says completed. lets hope its good news.

goodluck to everyone

Fhaidry
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Fhaidry » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:43 am

Guys,

I got my stamp 4s letter this morning.

Thank you everybody here for all your wishes and support throughout this time.

This board discussion group was a really great support that kept the hope alive.

All the best to everybody who is still waiting.

RZee
Ireland

Post by RZee » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:00 am

Fhaidry wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:43 am
Guys,

This board discussion group was a really great support that kept the hope alive.

congratulation

RZee
Ireland

Post by RZee » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:02 am

solas wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:10 am
Hi,

To recap on my previous email, i submitted all documents including a reference letter last week and this morning the inis website says completed. lets hope its good news.

goodluck to everyone
Goodluck

ScienceFall
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ScienceFall » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am

Hi Cristinasfi,

I think you you should contact the migrants rights centre in Dublin. They're very helpful and assisted some applicants for the students scheme. You should visit in person and explain your situation and ask if they can advise on what documents you need to submit to prove your continuous residency. If you can afford an immigrant lawyer, you could contact one for advice as well. You should try everything possible to ensure you submit the requested documents and get your stamp 4S. It would be shame to let this opportunity go by because of this. I wish you luck.

Brianah
Ireland

Post by Brianah » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:45 am

Fhaidry wrote:
Guys,

Congratulations to you.

paul88
Mood:
Ireland

Post by paul88 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Cristinasfi wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:02 pm
Hi everyone, I just received my third email from inis asking for proof of my continuous residency in the state.
I applied to the scheme on 31/10/2018 and they asked me for proof on 26/11/2018 and 06/12/2018.
As I didn't have any bills on my name Ive submitted some reference letters from people Ive known since I got here.. I sent one reference letter for each year they are asking me.. 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
During this period (2014 - 2017) I used to rent a bedroom in an Irish household, but the lady said to me she can't provide me a letter as she never paid taxes..
Does anyone know what kind of information I should provide since they didn't accept the letters?
They also said if I don't submit the information in 15 working days my application will be refused on the basis of non-provision of the required documentary evidence of my continuous residency.
first of all tell the lady u lived there and u need letter only for justice department and tell her is not yiir problem that u did not pay taxes ...you can provide mobile bill or tax documents you can print online and passport pages that you did not leave country

Slainte
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Slainte » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:46 am

Fhaidry wrote:
Guys,

Congrats to you :D and all the best :)

Fhaidry
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Fhaidry » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:58 am

Thanks everybody.

Good to you all. I hope you guys get sorted soon.

RnSa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by RnSa » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:56 pm

Hey guys, i am still waiting for the response from INIS. Hope they process the remaining application quickly.

I got a question from my friend, he is not in this discussion board, he asked me this question but even i was confused so i ask you guys to help him out.

The question is what does 'change of status' or 'change of stamp' exactly mean. Before he applied for the student scheme(was on stamp2), he applied for work permit and got permission letter from INIS but he never registered at GNIB, which obviously means his last stamp was stamp2 and his passport got never stamped with work permit.
Does getting a permission letter mean he changed his status or his status is only changed when he is registered at the GNIB and got his passport stamped and got stamp1 IRP/GNIB card??.

He is also waiting for his decision just like the rest of us.
I would appreciate on his behalf if you could share your opinion on his situation.
Thanks.

paul88
Mood:
Ireland

Post by paul88 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:57 am

Cristinasfi wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:29 am
Barry88 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:49 am
Cristinasfi wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:30 pm
Fhaidry wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:30 pm
Thank you Lynx.

Is there anybody here who arrived in Ireland in 2010? Any luck so far?

I arrived in Sep2010, applied on 29th October 2018, been asked twice for further documents but no luck yet.

Hi, same here..
I arrived in Ireland in May/2010
I applied on the 31st of October, also been asked twice for further doc (26/11 and 06/12) but still submitted..
Hi I am same applied 31 oct asked for documented 22 May still waiting ....but are you waiting almost 6 months now after submit docs on 06/12 ? Is it
Hi, actually it’s been 7 months since last submission.. I’m still waiting like everybody.. They asked me for proof that I still remain in the country.. Sent everything I have including references from Irish citizens.
In my point of view the passport is the best proof, but don’t really know what they’re looking for..
they looking for bills or anything that has your adress like gp letter hospital letter etc or mobile bill

Mehak123
Newly Registered

Post by Mehak123 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:08 am

Hi
Iam also arrived in February 2010, and submitted application 14th December 2018, never ask anything, but still waiting for the decision 😂
Let's have a good hope God Willing .

Brianah
Ireland

Post by Brianah » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:32 pm

solas wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:10 am
Hi,

goodluck to everyone
Good luck to you.

Juliogdiana
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Juliogdiana » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:13 am

Hi all, mix of disappointment and frustration here, got my refusal letter Friday, applied on 31st October, refused because I left the state for 12 days in holidays to France back in 2013, they said one criteria is, "living continuously since have arrived in Ireland", they said I have not lived continuously in the State, I am here since 3rd April 2010.

Really really disappointed for such a stupid decision, waiting near a year for that stupid thing. I bet there is no students that never left Ireland since their arrival, it is unbelievable decision.

Lynx14
Ireland

Post by Lynx14 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:50 am

Juliogdiana wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:13 am
Hi all, mix of disappointment and frustration here, got my refusal letter Friday, applied on 31st October, refused because I left the state for 12 days in holidays to France back in 2013, they said one criteria is, "living continuously since have arrived in Ireland", they said I have not lived continuously in the State, I am here since 3rd April 2010.

Really really disappointed for such a stupid decision, waiting near a year for that stupid thing. I bet there is no students that never left Ireland since their arrival, it is unbelievable decision.
Did you leave the state after your permission expired?
I travelled at least 4 times during this and previous year but my permission was valid all this time.

Juliogdiana
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Juliogdiana » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:16 am

Lynx14 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:50 am
Juliogdiana wrote:

I travelled at least 4 times during this and previous year but my permission was valid all this time.
Yes, expired in May and I traveled in September, but the decision doesn't mention that, just say because I have not living continuously, I have been back to same house and same job, they can't say I wasn't living here.

Lynx14
Ireland

Post by Lynx14 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:29 am

Juliogdiana wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:16 am
Lynx14 wrote:
Juliogdiana wrote:

Yes, expired in May and I traveled in September, but the decision doesn't mention that, just say because I have not living continuously, I have been back to same house and same job, they can't say I wasn't living here.
Well they don’t consider that continuous because you didn’t have permission to reenter the state. I doubt many people would risk traveling outside Ireland undocumented specifically for this reason as you get stamps in your non-EU passport upon entry anywhere else. So they are able to track it and say you weren’t here continuously. Talk to solicitor and try to appeal, perhaps they will be lenient if you state continues employment.

Juliogdiana
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Juliogdiana » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:59 am

Lynx14 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:29 am
Juliogdiana wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:16 am
Lynx14 wrote:
Juliogdiana wrote:

Well they don’t consider that continuous because you didn’t have permission to reenter the state. I doubt many people would risk traveling outside Ireland undocumented specifically for this reason as you get stamps in your non-EU passport upon entry anywhere else. So they are able to track it and say you weren’t here continuously. Talk to solicitor and try to appeal, perhaps they will be lenient if you state continues employment.

Yes I will try appeal, nowhere mentioned I went to trip without visa, I have re-entry Dublin Airport, I have my payslips showing holiday payments, I have pictures from the trip, bank statement showing hotels and restaurants payments, my rent have been paid by bank transfer always, they can not say I wasn't living here.
I live 10 minutes from the border with Northern Ireland, even if that trip to France never happened, will they say I do not live here because I cross the border and nearly every day? It is ridiculous.

RnSa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by RnSa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:41 am

RnSa wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:56 pm
Hey guys, i am still waiting for the response from INIS. Hope they process the remaining application quickly.

I got a question from my friend, he is not in this discussion board, he asked me this question but even i was confused so i ask you guys to help him out.

The question is what does 'change of status' or 'change of stamp' exactly mean. Before he applied for the student scheme(was on stamp2), he applied for work permit and got permission letter from INIS but he never registered at GNIB, which obviously means his last stamp was stamp2 and his passport got never stamped with work permit.
Does getting a permission letter mean he changed his status or his status is only changed when he is registered at the GNIB and got his passport stamped and got stamp1 IRP/GNIB card??.

I would appreciate on his behalf if you could share your opinion on his situation.
Thanks.

Hi guys. My friend got his refusal letter today for the above mentioned reason.

Need help. Will there be any luck if he appeals the decision because his stamp never got changed and his passport never got stamped with stamp1.

Any suggestions guys??

Thanks.

Lynx14
Ireland

Post by Lynx14 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:38 am

RnSa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:41 am
RnSa wrote:

Thanks.

Need help. Will there be any luck if he appeals the decision because his stamp never got changed and his passport never got stamped with stamp1.

Any suggestions guys??

Thanks.
Why did he not register with stamp 1 permission?

There was someone here who was granted stamp 1. INIS refused their 4S and their stamp 1 was renewed. Perhaps this is an avenue to explore. Best to talk to a solicitor.

ezstreet5
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ezstreet5 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:07 pm

Juliogdiana wrote:

This is a worrying decision for all of those who have not received decisions yet. It is likely based on the much-maligned judgement from J. Max Barrett given 11/7, which defined "continuous" (in the context of naturalization), as having never left the Republic--even for a day. You are absolutely correct that nearly every student will have left Ireland at least once during their studies, which makes the ruling absurd. The Minister for Justice recognized this absurdity, and is introducing legislation to fix the issue with regard to naturalization/citizenship (See the main INIS webpage). Perhaps that fix should be broadened to include this scheme. I'm in contact with my TD over a specific case that may be affected by this.

RnSa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by RnSa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Lynx14 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:38 am
RnSa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:41 am
RnSa wrote:

Thanks.

Any suggestions guys??

Thanks.
Why did he not register with stamp 1 permission?

There was someone here who was granted stamp 1. INIS refused their 4S and their stamp 1 was renewed. Perhaps this is an avenue to explore. Best to talk to a solicitor.
He did not register because this scheme was announced after he got the stamp1 letter. Obviously for student scheme we get stamp4s, so any stamp4 is much safer and stronger stamp than stamp1.

Juliogdiana
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Juliogdiana » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:21 pm

ezstreet5 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:07 pm
Juliogdiana wrote:

This is a worrying decision for all of those who have not received decisions yet. It is likely based on the much-maligned judgement from J. Max Barrett given 11/7, which defined "continuous" (in the context of naturalization), as having never left the Republic--even for a day. You are absolutely correct that nearly every student will have left Ireland at least once during their studies, which makes the ruling absurd. The Minister for Justice recognized this absurdity, and is introducing legislation to fix the issue with regard to naturalization/citizenship (See the main INIS webpage). Perhaps that fix should be broadened to include this scheme. I'm in contact with my TD over a specific case that may be affected by this.
My solicitor thinks that we need strongly prove that this trip was a holiday proposed only, I have strong proofs on that, hotel bookings, tickets, restaurants etc.
Even if the review is refused she thinks we can go to court to overturn that decision.

ezstreet5
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ezstreet5 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:31 pm

Juliogdiana wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:21 pm
ezstreet5 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:07 pm
Juliogdiana wrote:

My solicitor thinks that we need strongly prove that this trip was a holiday proposed only, I have strong proofs on that, hotel bookings, tickets, restaurants etc.
Even if the review is refused she thinks we can go to court to overturn that decision.
The most troubling aspect of this is that you and I know that over a thousand applicants received permission under this scheme PRIOR to 11/7 who likely left the State for some period of time. Will those be revoked (I doubt it). So we have visas being processed under the same scheme, but under different criteria. I am totally willing to go the High Court over this (been in there before) on behalf of the person I am helping. In your case, I'm afraid that the J. Barrett decision will run against you, even in the case that your trip to France was a holiday. I'm wondering if the quicker solution is that the proposed legislative "fix" for the naturalization/citizenship cohort be broadened to include this scheme.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:51 pm

The main issue here is not about the wording of 'continuous'. It is due to the fact that the person left the state after his/her residence permit is expired.
You can travel abroad without any issue as long as your residence permit is in date.

Once you leave the state after the expiry date of the residence permit, you could not have been allowed to re-enter the state under the same status. The person must have used an alternative reason (e.g. tourism/visit, where the visa-free national can stay in the country for no more than 3-6 months).