ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application- T 1 Ent 5 year or 10 year route help please!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JK019
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR Application- T 1 Ent 5 year or 10 year route help please!!!

Post by JK019 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:50 am

Dear All/Gurus,

I have read a number of posts/topics on here and the information is invaluable, keep up the good work and God bless all your efforts. I'm seeking your valuable advise/input regarding the best route to submit my ILR application.I hope the gurus would be able to assist in providing answers to my questions. My immigration history below:

i. Initial Tier 4 student visa given 07/09/09 - 28/01/11.Date of entry into the UK-27/09/09.

ii. PSW visa : 11/02/11 -11/02/13

iii.Tier 1 Ent. Visa Application : Dec 2012 .
Refusal: May 2013
1st Appeal :Oct 2013
2nd Appeal: Jan 2014
Tier 1 Ent. Visa Approved: 16/06/2014 - 16/06/17

iv. Tier 1 Ent. Extension Application: May 2017
T1 Ent. Extension Approved: 18/04/18 - 18/04/20

v.Eligible for ILR through 5 year route: 16/05/19 (Based on 28 day rule)
vi.Eligible for ILR through 10 year route: 29/08/19 (Based on 28 day rule)

Absences from the UK
2011- Approx. 21 days
2012 - Approx. 6 days
2014 - Approx. 22 days
2015 - Approx. 25 days
2016 - Approx. 35 days(Spaced between different months within the year;Jan,Apr & Dec)
2017 - Approx.13 days
2018 - Approx. 9 days
2019 - Approx. 7 days

Questions

1. What is the best route/option to apply for the ILR, since I'm eligible for both?
2. I deliberately didn't apply in May 19 using the 5 year route due to the 6 months timeline.Considering its long past May, can I still apply for ILR through the T1 Ent. route?
3. Using the LR/10 year route to apply for ILR, am concerned there maybe issues due to the refusal in 2013, though it was for trivial reasons and both appeals were won/in my favour(All appeals done within stipulated timeline by HO). Will I be affected by this?
4. Considering I was out of the UK for more than the 28 day period in 2016, does this affect my chances of getting the ILR through the LR route?
5. I understand all applications are now done online & I intend to use the premium service(still traumatised from the delays/waiting from previous applications), can I use the premium service for both routes, LR & 5 year?
6. I understand a couple of documents are required if going through the 5 year route,are you able to advise on these?
7. What documentation is required through the LR route? Can you please share a link if there is any on the forum.
8. Based on whichever route(LR/5 year) I end up using for the application, does it negate the option of me varying the application to using the alternative route since its still for an ILR application?
(I don't pray/wish to be refused & I wont be, I just want to know what the options are if that happens considering my current leave is valid till 2020).
9. Any other advise/steer would be really helpful.

Apologies for the long writeup. Awaiting a prompt response.

Kind Regards,
JK019

JK019
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: ILR Application- T 1 Ent 5 year or 10 year route help please!!!

Post by JK019 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:49 pm

Please, can someone help with a response? It will be much appreciated.

Thank you

JK019

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:07 pm

You can apply under both routes as you seem to be eligible. Under long residence your dependants chance for ILR will be affected if you have any. Under the 5 year route, you need to show employment and genuineness just like the extension. It is really up to you
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JK019
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by JK019 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:59 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:07 pm
You can apply under both routes as you seem to be eligible. Under long residence your dependants chance for ILR will be affected if you have any. Under the 5 year route, you need to show employment and genuineness just like the extension. It is really up to you
Thanks Zimba for your response, very much appreciated. I do not have any dependants. I will go ahead to prepare documentation for both routes. As I would be within the 28 day rule in a fortnight, I'm inclined to submit my application through the LR route with the option of the super premium/24 hour service/response.

I will be back with any questions I may have prior to submission. Thanks once again.

Kind Regards,
JK019

JK019
Newly Registered
Mood:

Questions on Set LR form - 10 year route

Post by JK019 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:50 pm

Hi Gurus,

Sorry to be a bother, I need your help/advise. I'm now in the processing of submitting my ILR application through the LR route this week. I have partially completed the form (Set LR) online, there are a couple of questions that I require clarification on what the ideal responses should be, hope you can help/give me a steer.

Family Ties

Do you have any family in your country of birth,
nationality or any other country where you have
lived for more than 5 years?

1. I have provided details of my Mum & siblings in my home country. Is this appropriate?

Do you have any friends in your country of birth, No

2.What should be the response here?Friends in UK or my home country? I will imagine the former would be the ideal response to avoid issues with the decision of the application. I possibly cant list all my friends, how many names need to be included?

Cultural Ties

Are you part of any social groups or do you have No
other cultural ties in your country of birth,

3. What should be the response here?I imagine this would be groups/ties here in the UK. Any examples would really help.

Employment

4. Currently, I'm on Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension visa valid till April 2020. I have selected self employed on the form as my employment status. Is this right?

5. My company registered address is different from my business address. The registered address is my house address whilst the business address is a non residential address.Which do I need to provide on the form?

6. There is a question on annual earnings,does the amount have an impact on the outcome of the application? Is there a cap or threshold required considering am currently on Tier 1 Ent.? My annual earning in 2018 is higher than 2019 as I was paid dividend in addition to my salary.
Considering, am the director of the business,do I submit my annual earnings or the business income?

Travel History(UK)

7. There is a question on being refused a visa previously. My initial Tier 1 Ent. application was refused. I appealed in time to the first tier tribunal(won the appeal), but the decision was challenged by home office
and the second appeal was also submitted in time prior to the visa being successfully granted.Will this affect the decision of the ILR? What is the appropriate response,do I answer Yes or No ?

Other Reasons

8. The question about other reasons for wanting to be in the UK, i do not have any kids neither a partner/dependents, is the appropriate response No? or do I answer Yes and I give reasons along having lived here for awhile,integrated well into my community, formed relationships with friends, colleagues and spent a part of my adult life here?

Apologies for the long post/questions, I'm just anxious and I want to get this right prior to submission to avoid any issues.

Regards,

JK019

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:00 am

The questions on family and cultural ties are not important. You can choose to give very little information.
Your Employment status does not matter. You are also were not refused if a previous application was granted in appeal.
You do not need to fill other reasons to stay.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JK019
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by JK019 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks once again Zimba for your help.

Regards,

JK019

JK019
Newly Registered
Mood:

Form Set(LR) Application- ILR 10 year route

Post by JK019 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:37 am

Hi Gurus,

Kindly confirm if there are any additional documents required to be submitted with the form set (LR)application. I understand the documents that need to be uploaded include;

-LIUK pass notification letter
-English Language Certificate(UK Degree Cert)
-All Passports
-Biometric residence permit
-Consent form (Part 1 only in my case)

I saw a phrase in the form about verification from bank/utility companies about the information submitted.

Do I need to submit any utility bills confirming my address in the last 10 years?
Do I need to submit any bank statements?

Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:58 pm

No you do not need to submit those

JK019
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by JK019 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Ok, Thanks so much for the response/clarification.

JK019
Newly Registered
Mood:

Update on ILR Application

Post by JK019 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:33 am

Goodmorning All,

I have now received my ILR using the super priority service,I got the confirmation email on 14/09/19. Prove of right to work has also been updated,just waiting on the Biometric card and official letter. This site helped me immensely. Special Thanks to Zimba and all the other moderators who offer suggestions/responses to queries. Goodluck to everyone who is waiting for theirs.

Timeline
Submitted Online Application - 5/09/19
Appointment - 13/09/19
Confirmation Email Received-14/09/19

Kind Regards,
JK019