ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received an urgent letter from HO that I need to submit my biometrics when I already did on Sunday 23 June at Croydon

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Received an urgent letter from HO that I need to submit my biometrics when I already did on Sunday 23 June at Croydo

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:30 pm

If you have already booked or attended an appointment to enrol your biometrics before seeing this email, then please ignore this reminder.
It seems EVERYONE panicky and posting irrelevant information about cancelling and rebooking etc in this thread has failed to read the LAST sentence of the letter!! It is an auto generic biometric request response!!

If there really was an issue with your biometrics, the letter or notification you received will be far more personal and explain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Re: Received an urgent letter from HO that I need to submit my biometrics when I already did on Sunday 23 June at Croydo

Post by kvbskalyan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:25 pm

tier 2 ICT visa extension time line is 8 weeks from the date of application for standard service.you can see it in the below link of home office.If you already completed 8 weeks from your application date, then I believe you should contact home office. I am into 5th week now.My collegues here got in approximately 6 weeks from the date of application
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa

salman2019
Newly Registered

Post by salman2019 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 am

UPDATE
Received email from HO———— Application successful, will receive it in mail within 7 working days

Best of luck everyone

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:47 am

Congratulations 🎉🎊 happy for you. I. Now starting week 7. Hopefully it will be here by next week.

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:34 am

congratulations

freefly
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by freefly » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:21 am

I received the same email:

Tier 2 General Priority - switch sponsor

1. Biometrics on 8 July 2019
2. Email from HO that biometrics not submitted 26 July
3. Lawyer sent in copy of details of appointment same day
4. HO responded they cannot finalise application until the issue is resolved they are looking in to it
5. No updates until 6 Aug
6. Called Sopra Steria help line (in your email with appointment - its free) and demanded they get tech support on it and resubmit immediately on 7 Aug
7. Approval email from HO 30 mins later that application has been approved on 7 Aug

I do suggest insisting that SopraSteria resubmits your biometrics no matter what they say. It took convincing and about 7 calls.

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:43 pm

hello Freefly. Congratulations. can you please let me know how you contacted home office

freefly
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by freefly » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi kvbskalyan,

We waited for the minimum period to conclude and then logged a query via the Home Office phone number. They responded via email.

I would suggest, however, if you received that email not to bother with calling HO as there is a known issue with submission of biometrics and speak to Sopra Steria UKVCAS directly and ask them to resubmit - tell them the home office has let you know they haven't received the biometrics.

All the HO will tell you after another 5 days is they don't have your biometrics and they have to be resubmitted.

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:07 pm

thanks for the reply.I called them today, gave them my application number and they confirmed that it is submitted to homeoffice on same day which is 18th July.I think there is no other go, I have to wait

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:49 pm

any updates guys?

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:56 am

No response. In my 8th week now. Confused on what to do next.....

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:59 am

Tdas any news from your end?

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:04 am

Chipo, I think you should call home office because you will complete 8 weeks.They will update you on your status

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:25 am

They said its not past 8 weeks so there is no need for an enquiry 😕 I can only inquire after 8 weeks.

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:58 pm

OK next week then

tdas
Newly Registered

Post by tdas » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:47 am

Hi Guys,
My 8th week is getting over tomorrow and today i got an email from HO saying my application is approved and will be getting the BRP in 7 working days.

@ Chipo I assume they are sending the emails on 8th week, hope you will also get it soon.
Best of luck guys.

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:54 am

Wooooaw. Congratulations🎊🎉, the wait is over. Hopefully I will get a response this week.

Thank u☺️

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Received responds from HO. Visa has been granted. BRP cards to follow in 7 days time....
Received it on day 3 on my 8th week!

Thanks guys for the support, it hasn't been easy to wait.

All the best!

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:03 am

congratulations

Acey
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Acey » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Hiya,
I have been waiting 8 weeks tomorrow 21/08/19 for my BRP card. I have had settlement since 2009. This is absolutely mortifying to not get any information. So frustrating not to mention the added cost as well on top due to the law changing in 2014. I am not a happy camper. Even my local MP is useless.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:52 pm

Acey wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:49 pm
Hiya,
I have been waiting 8 weeks tomorrow 21/08/19 for my BRP card. I have had settlement since 2009. This is absolutely mortifying to not get any information. So frustrating not to mention the added cost as well on top due to the law changing in 2014. I am not a happy camper. Even my local MP is useless.
Kindly note that this topic is for those on the Tier 2 Work Permit visa and is not a general topic.

There are separate topics in the General Immigration sub forum for general questions or ILR holders applying for BRP through NTL form.

general-uk-immigration-forum/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:15 am

I got email from home office that application is successful finally. I got approval in 7th week from date of application. I applied online on 3rd July and completed biometrics on 18th July. So exactly 7th week from online application date I got email.if standard service, it is from the date of online application and NOT from date of biometrics.

SarahLW
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by SarahLW » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:08 pm

I received a similar letter. I booked an appointment in September and then paid £100 to get a fast track appointment with UKVCAS. I gave my biometric information 2 days later and I have been waiting 10 weeks. I received a letter on Saturday saying that I haven't yet booked my Biometric appointment! They said if I don't book in the next 10 days my application will be rejected! I am furious! I called their stupid number only to be told by the woman that it's "Probably a mistake" and that I should call UKVCAS. I called them and they said they have absolutely sent my biometric information over to the Home Office and that I should contact the Home office! I am going utterly mad! I also CANNOT book a new appointment when I log in to my application because my old appointment is there! I literally cannot do anything! What is going to happen?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:09 pm

SarahLW wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:08 pm
I received a similar letter. I booked an appointment in September and then paid £100 to get a fast track appointment with UKVCAS. I gave my biometric information 2 days later and I have been waiting 10 weeks. I received a letter on Saturday saying that I haven't yet booked my Biometric appointment! They said if I don't book in the next 10 days my application will be rejected! I am furious! I called their stupid number only to be told by the woman that it's "Probably a mistake" and that I should call UKVCAS. I called them and they said they have absolutely sent my biometric information over to the Home Office and that I should contact the Home office! I am going utterly mad! I also CANNOT book a new appointment when I log in to my application because my old appointment is there! I literally cannot do anything! What is going to happen?
It is an auto generated email. It very likely also says something about ignoring the email if you have enrolled biometrics already!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SarahLW
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by SarahLW » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:20 pm

No it is not an auto generated email. I have not received an email this was a physical letter and I have been waiting over 8 week.s