ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visit Visa for my mum from Pakistan been refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hamzayaqub10
Newly Registered

Standard Visit Visa for my mum from Pakistan been refused

Post by hamzayaqub10 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:02 am

Hi Guys,

I really need some advice. I applied for my mother to visit me in the UK from Pakistan. It was refused on the basis they felt there was not enough evidence of her going back to Pakistan.

They were satisfied with the evidence that my husband could support her but state that they felt the evidence of her going back was not strong enough.

She does not have a bank account but has rent from land she owns. All of her money is cash in hand.

Can I apply again or do I have to wait before doing another application?

Any help would be much appreciated.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Standard Visit Visa for my mum from Pakistan been refused

Post by physicskate » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:37 am

hamzayaqub10 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:02 am
Hi Guys,

I really need some advice. I applied for my mother to visit me in the UK from Pakistan. It was refused on the basis they felt there was not enough evidence of her going back to Pakistan.

They were satisfied with the evidence that my husband could support her but state that they felt the evidence of her going back was not strong enough.

She does not have a bank account but has rent from land she owns. All of her money is cash in hand.

Can I apply again or do I have to wait before doing another application?

Any help would be much appreciated.
She can re-apply at any time. But she must show strong(er) reasons for returning than previously. She will be refused again if you supply the same evidence as before.

She hasn't ever applied for a settlement visa, has she? This would definitely signal to the ECO that she intends to settle and will shut the door on future visits.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Standard Visit Visa for my mum from Pakistan been refused

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:51 pm

The universal rule is the significant change of circumstances.

If you apply with exactly the same circumstances, you will very likely get a refusal. There is no point insisting with the same arguments. There must be a change such that they would then think she will definitely be back.

Someone I know got a refusal for a visit visa for the UK and they wrote something like "unless there is a significant change in your circumstances, we don't recommend you apply in the future"