ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

start date for ILR specified Period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rfkhan
Newly Registered

start date for ILR specified Period

Post by rfkhan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi All,

Could you please help me to understand the start date of the specified period i.e. 5 years for TIER 2.

The dates are as below:

RCoS issue date: 20-Sep-2016
Date of application for tier 2: 27-Oct-16
Date of visa stamped on Passport: 04-Nov-16
Date of arrival in UK: 12-Nov-16

What could be the earliest date to apply for ILR?

The issue is, the current CoS for the extension is till 19-09-2021. Normally 15 days are granted on top of CoS date that will make maximum leave up till 03/10/2021.

So, Would a new CoS for extension in September 2021 will be required and then ILR application can be submitted
or
the ILR application can be submitted with the current leave.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: start date for ILR specified Period

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:19 am

What could be the earliest date to apply for ILR?
No sooner than within 28 days before 4th November 2021. It starts counting from visa issue date
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rfkhan
Newly Registered

Post by rfkhan » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:01 pm

Thank you for reply.

Is there any rule under which extra days of leave are provided for BRP on top of date specified on CoS?

First extension there were 30 days

2nd extension 15 days

I need 30 days thia time to qualify for ILR or will require another extension before to be eligible for ILR. There can be 3 or 4 days short if 15 days granted on top of CoS date?
Is there any way to get some extra days?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:51 pm

Assuming you get visa till 03/10/2021, you can apply on the last day of your visa online and book the appointment a few days later which puts you in the qualifying zone without a need for an extension
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice