ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uploading documents Spouse and Second nationality

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Applying for citizenship: Referee questions

Post by dzevel5 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:18 pm

I'm trying to find the latest explanation of who can be a referee
The official document says:
- For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).
- For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
1. My understating is that 2nd referee don't need to be a professional is that right?
2. Is there an extended list or it's just what's written in the document of "Referees and Identity"?
3. Do they just need to write full name, signature and date? where my picture glued above..
4. then I need to scan it an upload it through UKVCAS process?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Applying for citizenship: Referee questions

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:29 am

1. Correct
2. See the list of the acceptable professionals here: https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passp ... ignatories
3. Yes on the paper form but you must enter the full details in the application online
4. Correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:41 am

Thank you!
Can you please explain what full details do you mean?

The document that I've seen for the referee have fields of as per below:
Photo: (Myself)
Name of applicant: (Myself)
Full Name: (Referee)
Signature: (Referee)
Date:(Referee)

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:01 pm

ok I found out when I started the application process. I need their passport number etc and file it.

except the two passport pictures that I will need to put on the referee documents (2 - one each), do I need more photos to prepare with me?
if so, it must be identical to the other two which I use on the referee declaration documents?

Thanks

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:14 pm

one additional question.
The application ask:
Current address
Have you lived at your current address for 5 years?
however, I'm applying for British citizenship as a spouse of British citizen. that means I will need to provide only 3 years back or anyway I need to provide data of 5 years? (I came in Jan 2015)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Provide the information asked
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:10 pm

Thank you.

There is a question about second nationality (I’m already dual nationality) so if I tick yes that I have valid ID card of my 2nd citizenship, it require me to provide the information such as ID number, Valid from / expiry date etc.
As far as I’m aware, this details should be kept private only to myself or else to show them per request to my country (officer/etc)
Do I have the right to answer NO and keep this data for myself?

Thanks again.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:11 pm

dzevel5 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:10 pm
Thank you.

There is a question about second nationality (I’m already dual nationality) so if I tick yes that I have valid ID card of my 2nd citizenship, it require me to provide the information such as ID number, Valid from / expiry date etc.
As far as I’m aware, this details should be kept private only to myself or else to show them per request to my country (officer/etc)
Do I have the right to answer NO and keep this data for myself?

Thanks again.
You are applying to the UK government for naturalisation and they have the right to ask for information they deem necessary.
You can keep the fact private but need to disclose if requested, by any government. UKVI does make enquiries to other countries' authorities and non-disclosure may be viewed as withholding information asked for the application.
PS. When you are ready to apply for a British passport you will also be asked to provide current and past passports including those from foreign countries.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:15 pm

I understand requirement of passport, but as far as I’m aware my country won’t provide any ID card information with anyone. I’ll be on the safe side and provide the info. Thank you!

What if I don’t have my old passport of the second country? I shredded it years ago..

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:54 am

For the passport application you can only provide what you have got. If you don't have any prior passports explain accordingly. On a general point I would recommend that documents relating to immigration and/or nationality are not destroyed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:14 am

Thanks.

I have another questions regarding my application.
Granted indefinite leave

Have you been granted indefinite leave to enter, or remain, in the UK? (Required)
Answer 'No' if you do not have time restrictions on your stay for another reason. For example, you have a right of abode in the UK.
Since I have EU Settlement, should I tick YES or NO? I find this question a bit tricky and both answers can be relevant here so I don't know what to choose.

btw on the EU settlement certificate it's says:
you have been granted Indefinite Leave in the United Kingdom,
under Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. This is also referred to as settled status.
Thanks in advance

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:39 am

Shredding a document does not mean you are not a national of that country, unless you have renounced it. When you are asked for uncancelled passports you will have a legal document in your name. Its like hiding your passport and saying you lost it. I believe you will have to provide some documentation eg ID card that will bear the same name as your passport. If people just destroy their documents they can have a new name in the UK which the HMPO is strictly prohibiting.

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:49 am

No that's not what I said.
I have provided the passport of my two nationalities. but my question was focusing if I must also provide the ID card of my second nationality and the reason for my question is; in this country I'm not supposed to provide ID card number unless i'm required by a local officer

* The passport I've shredded is an expired one. I did provide the newer passport details of this nationality in my application, but I won't be able to provide an expired passport details..

1 referee can be my wife uncle-wife? or it's considered as a relative of mine?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:56 am

dzevel5 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:49 am
1 referee can be my wife uncle-wife? or it's considered as a relative of mine?
No. Your referee cannot be related to you by blood or though marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:18 am

Thanks a lot! :)

I read my application again and started to be unsure about this:
Previous applications

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? (Required)
This includes applications for asylum in the UK.
Since I came to the UK I have applied only for:
Registration certificate - Granted
EU Pre-Settlement - Granted
EU Settlement - Granted

that means I should answer to the question above with Yes? or else (No) they want to know if I've applied before for citizenship?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:27 am

HO want to know about ALL previous applications you have made, excluding the one you are CURRENTLY making!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:38 am

Great, thanks again.
So in my case Registration certificate, EU pre-settlement and EU settlement - I provided the details.

What about National Insurance that I've applied when I came? Do I need to provide this detail as well even though I provided my NI number as part of the application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:43 am

It does say immigration applications. National insurance is not an immigration application. You simply need to state your NI number where asked
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks again I was a bit unsure if NI is immigration document or not.

I think all set now.

I think it should leave it as it is, but just to make sure. Do you think in the section below, I should mention that I have 2 kids (British by birth)?
Other information
Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their application to be registered as a British Citizen?
Within the same document I stated No to below question since my two kids are already British by birth:
Additional child information
Do you have any children whose birth parent is not your partner?

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Post by dzevel5 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:50 pm

someone? I'm moment before submitting it, so please if you can refer my last reply it will be great

and anyway again - thank you all!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:58 pm

No need to provide information that is never asked. These are not trick questions. If you have nothing to add, then there is no need to add information about children

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Uploading documents Spouse and Second nationality

Post by dzevel5 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:38 am

Hi all,

I have two nationality (EEA-Polish and non-EEA) and I filed it in the online application.

I'm now uploading my documents to the UKVCAS.
I don't see in my UKVI checklist that I need to upload
1. every page of my spouse passport - Do I need to do so anyway? it just says: proof of British citizenship for spouse
2. Do I need to upload my non-EEA passport file as well even though UKVI didn't mention it in the checklist?

3. For my Polish citizenship - Do I need to upload every page from my passport even though it didn't mention every page?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Uploading documents Spouse and Second nationality

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:43 am

dzevel5 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:38 am
Hi all,

I have two nationality (EEA-Polish and non-EEA) and I filed it in the online application.

I'm now uploading my documents to the UKVCAS.
I don't see in my UKVI checklist that I need to upload
1. every page of my spouse passport - Do I need to do so anyway? it just says: proof of British citizenship for spouse
2. Do I need to upload my non-EEA passport file as well even though UKVI didn't mention it in the checklist?

Thanks!
1. Only the biometric page of your spouse passport is required.

2. I suggest upload if you have declared you have more than 1 nationality at any time to HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dzevel5
Mood:
Poland

Re: Uploading documents Spouse and Second nationality

Post by dzevel5 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:48 am

Thanks. I'm asking because the document: Guide_AN__Naturalisation_Booklet
suggest to:
Applications made on the basis of marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen
Evidence of British citizenship
• Your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport or naturalisation/registration certificate showing that he/she is a British citizen. You should provide a complete and full copy of your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport. Every page in the passport must be copied including the blank pages, and
• The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate.
So that means it's not valid anymore??