ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EnglishFlight
Newly Registered
Barbados

British Passport

Post by EnglishFlight » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:58 am

Hi all - i have done my British citizenship and now doing my first British passport cause stated on paper after ceremony my BRP and HO Travel Document is now invalid - but on passport application they are asking for me to send my old passport that i came into the country with - and my problem is that HO said that will not be returned to me ——- is it ok to apply with just citizenship certificate and Blue Travel Document ? any advice will be greatly appreciated

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: British Passport

Post by apsk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:54 am

EnglishFlight wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:58 am
Hi all - i have done my British citizenship and now doing my first British passport cause stated on paper after ceremony my BRP and HO Travel Document is now invalid - but on passport application they are asking for me to send my old passport that i came into the country with - and my problem is that HO said that will not be returned to me ——- is it ok to apply with just citizenship certificate and Blue Travel Document ? any advice will be greatly appreciated
Your previous passport you used to enter UK will be returned to you. Don't worry about that. You will certainly need to cut your BRP and send it to Home office and it will not be returned.

EnglishFlight
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by EnglishFlight » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Thank you - so do i have to wait till original passport is returned for my first British Passport or will sending off Travel Document and Neutralisation certificate be enough ?

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:32 pm

EnglishFlight wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:13 pm
Thank you - so do i have to wait till original passport is returned for my first British Passport or will sending off Travel Document and Neutralisation certificate be enough ?
Yes, you will need to wait. Is it with Home office as part of your British citizenship application?

EnglishFlight
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by EnglishFlight » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Sadly it wasn’t it was taken away from me years ago so didn’t need it with application

EnglishFlight
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by EnglishFlight » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:49 am

My journey of 3 months application time is at an end, passport and documents came yesterday and off on holiday today to relax from the stress of it all - keep calm
Everyone as it will alll be returned to you when they are ready