ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) COS Start Date vs Actual Start Date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imkarenngai
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Tier 2 (General) COS Start Date vs Actual Start Date

Post by imkarenngai » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:22 am

Hi all,

I am in the process of making my visa application for my Tier 2 General Visa (up to 3 years) and need advice on what to do.

On my assigned COS it says:
START DATE - 1st Sept 2019
END DATE - 1st Sept 2022

Due to me being out of my home country, I can't apply until the 9th of September 2019 and aiming to start on the 23rd of September 2019.

Since I have to type in my flight date and start date (for NHS health surcharge section), I was wondering if I can put a different date to my COS on my Tier 2 visa application:
DATE OF TRAVEL - 22nd Sept 2019
START DATE - 24th Sept 2019
END DATE - 23rd Sept 2022

Would the following alternative scenarios be possible:
1. Editing the COS for a later start date
2. My employer to provide me with a letter stating a later start date is allowed

Would really appreciate an answer ASAP! Thanks in advance!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 (General) COS Start Date vs Actual Start Date

Post by UKLL » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:35 pm

imkarenngai wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:22 am
Hi all,

I am in the process of making my visa application for my Tier 2 General Visa (up to 3 years) and need advice on what to do.

On my assigned COS it says:
START DATE - 1st Sept 2019
END DATE - 1st Sept 2022

Due to me being out of my home country, I can't apply until the 9th of September 2019 and aiming to start on the 23rd of September 2019.

Since I have to type in my flight date and start date (for NHS health surcharge section), I was wondering if I can put a different date to my COS on my Tier 2 visa application:
DATE OF TRAVEL - 22nd Sept 2019
START DATE - 24th Sept 2019
put the start date for NHS health surcharge and visa application the same as it's stated on your CoS

END DATE - 23rd Sept 2022
same as your CoS states, please

Would the following alternative scenarios be possible:
1. Editing the COS for a later start date
you can't edit a CoS once it's assigned, when you get your visa your employer can change your start date to no more than 28 days of the start date on your CoS, or start date on your BRP, whichever is later
2. My employer to provide me with a letter stating a later start date is allowed
Your BRP will have a later start date than 1st Sep

Would really appreciate an answer ASAP! Thanks in advance!