ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after court ruling. Is anyone doing it?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gsvzla
inactive
Venezuela

Travelling after court ruling. Is anyone doing it?

Post by gsvzla » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:31 am

Hi everyone.

I made my application almost a year ago. Today I called the citizenship department, the rep I spoke to told me I shouldn't have any issue travelling abroad but also told me they weren't 100% sure and it was best to wait for any updates on the court ruling.

I guess my question is: Is anyone planning on travelling in the next few months or has travelled abroad since the court ruling and is also in the middle of their application?

For context, I'm on stage two. I got my second letter a few weeks back and the rep I spoke today told me my application is waiting to be sent to the minister for a decision.

Any insight or testimony from any of you will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Travelling after court ruling. Is anyone doing it?

Post by yala93 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Hi,

I am travelling, I am at second stage as well. I have to travel for work and I believe a lot of people here needs to do it for them jobs as well. Waiting for the September news and hoping for the best :)

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:24 pm

I travelled to Turkey for 10 days last month.

I am on 2nd stage since March 2019. Any hope for September ceremony?

gsvzla
inactive
Venezuela

Post by gsvzla » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Hey Yala,

Thanks for getting back. Hopefully we'll both get good news soon.

I think I'm travelling as well. I don't think there will be any issue because people can't pause their lives.

I think this thread would be good to keep track if something were to happen with applications for people that are travelling.

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:44 pm

gsvzla wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:31 am
Is anyone planning on travelling in the next few months or has travelled abroad since the court ruling and is also in the middle of their application?
Yes I've travelled and yes I'm planning to travel again soon. I'm a second stage.

I am expecting that the Minister will follow through on his (and his Department's) statements and will change the law to allow for up to 6 weeks absence per year and/or Ministerial discretion to be exercised.
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:49 pm

I have been travelling every year on holidays. Me and my wife going to Florida in two weeks. I have got citizenship in June ceremony but my wife is still waiting. We are not going to cancel the holidays. We cannot stop living life just for the sake of citizenship.