ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by markem » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:47 pm

M7edShin wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:38 am
It sucks. Anyway there is nothing I can do except waiting and hoping
Have you contacted your TD yet?
Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Although they send approvals all year through but bulk of the approvals are sent 4-6 weeks prior to ceremony. That will take us to mid August. I don’t know if the court ruling on continuous residence will delay the proceedings because minister cannot overrode the judgement and will have to sort out the legislation.

danielmensah
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:22 pm

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:51 pm
Although they send approvals all year through but bulk of the approvals are sent 4-6 weeks prior to ceremony. That will take us to mid August. I don’t know if the court ruling on continuous residence will delay the proceedings because minister cannot overrode the judgement and will have to sort out the legislation.
Ok good but what about those that the ruling did not affect?
Is it possible for us to get approval by mid-August or thereabout?
Just wondering if all the applications has been brought to a halt because of the judgement.
Anyone with an update or contribution? :(
Thanks.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Ceremony is only in sept. So normal wave of approvals should start around mid August.

danielmensah
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:37 pm

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:31 pm
Ceremony is only in sept. So normal wave of approvals should start around mid August.
Ok then fingers crossed. Thanks for the response.

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 am

markem wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:47 pm
M7edShin wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:38 am
It sucks. Anyway there is nothing I can do except waiting and hoping
I contacted one early this year and she was a very helpful and responsive. Citizenship team came back to her with (below):

This application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision in due course.

It is not possible to provide a definitive time-frame within which any particular application will be decided. The nature of the naturalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases will take longer than others to process. It is a statutory requirement that, among other things, applicants for naturalisation be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. As a result there will always be a proportion of cases that take longer than the norm to process.

2 weeks later after this, I receive a letter from them saying that my application moved to second stage. I am not sure if they speeded up my application because I contacted her or they actually were about to contact me because as it's mentioned here in forum they always send letters and aprovals 4 to 5 weeks ahead and my letter came better June ceremony so kinda was in the batch of sending out some letters to people. Still cannot tell if contacting her helped or not.

Citizenship answer to the TD was generic but I might contact her again, I just do not want to distrub her in again in a short period.

I am going to wait until the end of August and see if I receive anything and if not, then will leave an email to her and see

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:17 pm

M7edShin wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 am
markem wrote:
I contacted one early this year and she was a very helpful and responsive.
Citizenship answer to the TD was generic but I might contact her again, I just do not want to distrub her in again in a short period.
I am going to wait until the end of August and see if I receive anything and if not, then will leave an email to her and see
That sounds sensible. You probably have done this already but I think it's good to let them know that you are grateful for their help, and that you got progress after their intervention. Most of the correspondence they get isn't so positive, so make them feel like they are winning and you'll likely get further help.
Timeline threads here:
2020 /

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:30 pm

markem wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:17 pm
M7edShin wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 am
markem wrote:
I contacted one early this year and she was a very helpful and responsive.
That sounds sensible. You probably have done this already but I think it's good to let them know that you are grateful for their help, and that you got progress after their intervention. Most of the correspondence they get isn't so positive, so make them feel like they are winning and you'll likely get further help.
Yeah I emailed her back when I received the letter to thank her for support because it might happened because of her request to them though however either helped or not, still she was very responsive to me and in short time got the update.

Niamat_11
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Niamat_11 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:56 am

I applied on Jan 2017, while I got my 2nd stage letter in June 2018 since then nothing still waiting for approval? How long I need to wait more I applied on stamp 4 eufam?

danielmensah
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi All,
Anyone with an information on when they will start the distribution of the approval letters for Sept. 30th ceremony.
Anyone got approval letter yet? 8) 8)

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:13 am

danielmensah wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:52 pm
Hi All,
Anyone with an information on when they will start the distribution of the approval letters for Sept. 30th ceremony.
Hi,
Given the legal circumstances on recent court ruling, I think none of us would be in a position to know when they will dispatch the approval letters.. Have to keep our fingers crossed and wish for good news soon.
Whether INIS is proceeding with Sept 30th ceremony or not, I think we would receive an update from them within 2 - 3 weeks time from now.

Regards.

danielmensah
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:09 am

Hi All,
[/quote]

Hi,
Given the legal circumstances on recent court ruling, I think none of us would be in a position to know when they will dispatch the approval letters.. Have to keep our fingers crossed and wish for good news soon.
Whether INIS is proceeding with Sept 30th ceremony or not, I think we would receive an update from them within 2 - 3 weeks time from now.

Regards.
[/quote]

According to the below post on their website, it was stated that the Sept. 30th will still go ahead as planned.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/ci ... ip-updates
Hope this makes sense to anyone.
Thanks.

Syria200011
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by Syria200011 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:16 pm

I applied in April 2017 (5 years work permit), received the 2nd stage letter in April 2018 ... and have heard nothing from the citizenship office since then. I've contacted two TDs in July 2019, and received the same generic answer. It is somewhat frustrating when you have been waiting for over 25 months and yet read about applications receiving decision in less than 10 months. Anyone still waiting for a decision.

Issagenius
Ireland

Post by Issagenius » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Emailed my TD and got below reply

Thank you for your email to Pearse regarding the recent High Court ruling on citizenship and proposed Government amendments to legislation governing the unbroken residency requirement for the purpose of qualifying for naturalisation.

Please be advised that your comments have been forwarded to Pearse and brought to the attention of our party colleagues for their information and consideration.

Thank you once again for your email and I'd ask that you do not hesitate to contact our office again should you have any other queries.

danielmensah
Ghana

Post by danielmensah » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:56 am

Syria200011 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:16 pm
I applied in April 2017 (5 years work permit), received the 2nd stage letter in April 2018 ... and have heard nothing from the citizenship office since then. I've contacted two TDs in July 2019, and received the same generic answer. It is somewhat frustrating when you have been waiting for over 25 months and yet read about applications receiving decision in less than 10 months. Anyone still waiting for a decision.
I am still waiting for a decision. I applied since Dec. 2017, I have contacted the TD in my area phoned them and even emailed severally came back with same generic response. Waiting for approval hopefully next month before the Sept. 30th ceremony.
This is getting really frustrating.
Last stage since last year August. :?: :?: :?:

pissedoffbyinis
Pakistan

Post by pissedoffbyinis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:59 am

My wife is waiting at the last stage since February 2018.
Applied in April 2017 and in February 2018 we were told via email that your application is being prepared for submission to Minister... since that day Minister seems sleeping or his approval pen is broken.

We are getting the same generic response since last 18 months and frustration level is at its peak.

Sazhar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sazhar » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Same here with me. Applied in January 2017, was told that my application is being prepared to be submitted to the Minister in late 2018; but nothing happened since then. I emailed them again a couple of weeks ago, but no reply yet.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Applications for Pakistani applicants seem to be getting particularly delayed, and for no reason.
This is discrimination - I have a good few Pakistani friends who are in the same situation. INIS are constantly lying that the applications are being prepared for submission to the Minister. This is extremely unprofessional and unfair. I think all Pakistanis must raise voice against this unfair treatment.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:20 pm

or at least raise this issue with the TD's in their areas.

Fountainhill
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Fountainhill » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi ....Not just Pakistan ....Im South African and Im still waiting since 2017 . I was asked for proof of adress in April and in July .

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi Guys, In my personal opinion if we are not getting approval because DOJ think that our marriages or situations are fraud.
Contacting TDs, Sending email to Department or calling them is not helping at all
Looks like we have to wait

Nokiabox
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Nokiabox » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:11 pm

Statusquo73 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:27 pm
Hi Guys, In my personal opinion if we are not getting approval because DOJ think that our marriages or situations are fraud.
Contacting TDs, Sending email to Department or calling them is not helping at all
Looks like we have to wait
I applied in Mar 2017
5 years work permit
Not married to iresh and not from Pakistan
Haven’t even got to advanced stage or “your file is with the minister”
Total crazy system

Sazhar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sazhar » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:06 pm

I know at least 4 more Pakistanis who are waiting for more than two years & are not on this forum; while i have just entered into my nineth year of Irish residency :(

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 pm

My interpretation of these terms:
"at an advanced stage of processing" - means anything after the second stage letter has been sent
"being prepared for submission to the Minister" - means anything after the application has been acknowledged
Timeline threads here:
2020 /

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 pm

markem wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 pm
My interpretation of these terms:
"at an advanced stage of processing" - means anything after the second stage letter has been sent
"being prepared for submission to the Minister" - means anything after the application has been acknowledged
After second stage checks, there is a final checklist that a supervisor needs to sign off. The advanced stage refers to this process.
Once the application is signed off, they get sent to the minister for final decision. The minister only signs off applications one to two months before the ceremony.