ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 for for Child born in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

softwareluv
India

MN1 for for Child born in the UK

Post by softwareluv » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi there,
I am apply for registration of child born in the UK as british citizen and have following question to answer.
Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP) card with this application?

Child has BRP card for last leave but it is already expired and we didnt apply for ILR for child with us as we wanted to apply for child's british citizen after we get our settlement visa.

What should I answer to this question?

If I say Yes, I need to provide expiry date for the BRP. So can Home office reject child's citizenship application as child doesn't have valid leave to remain in the UK?

zimba
Mood:

Re: MN1 for for Child born in the UK

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Answer NO. There is no need to provide a valid BRP. The entitlement to register for a UK born child of a settled resident under MN1 is automatic. So Such a child does not need a valid leave/visa/BRP to be registered
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

softwareluv
India

Re: MN1 for for Child born in the UK

Post by softwareluv » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:17 pm

For UK born child's MN1 form, do I need to submit referee and identity document separately? Like the on in this offline form: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -06-19.pdf