ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ukhtii
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Ukhtii » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:27 pm

redcarpert wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:38 am
Ukhtii wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:56 am
Ukhtii wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:29 pm
redcarpert wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 am

Any update yet??
UPDATE!!!!!

130 WORKING DAYS!
COLLECTION EMAIL FROM VAC !!!

Going tomorrow to collect the passport from Islamabad.
Please everyone PRAY FOR ME that we get the visa tomorrow!! INSHALLAH! Ya Allah is the GREATEST!! 🤲🏻🙏🏼
UPDATE !!!

16/08/19: WE GOT THE VISAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Ya ALLAH IS THE GREATEST!!!! ALHAMDULILAH!!!

I am soo chuffed and ecstatic right now i can’t even explain how much 😁😁😁😁😁

May Allah bless you all and reunite those who are waiting to be united with their spouses, Ameen 🤲🏻

OHHHHH MA SHA ALLLLLLLAH CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!!! Alhamdulilah the wait is finally OVER!!! May Allah reunite you with your husband and have a blessed life together here in the UK :D . Please don't forget me in your prayers for my wife's visa to be granted in sha allah, although it's not looking too good for us at all at the moment :-(
Thank you so much!!! Ameen! I will definitely keep you and everyone else who is waiting to be reunited with their spouses in my prayers 💜 I pray you get your wife’s approved visa very soon, In Sha Allah !! 🤲🏻 Just don’t lose hope and everything will eventually work out in the end. Also, one more thing I forgot to mention is that if you get a collection email with the word ‘concluded’ that does definitely not mean the visa has been refused. I got an approval so thereby refuting the trend. God bless you all !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Ukhtii wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:27 pm
redcarpert wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:38 am
Ukhtii wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:56 am
Ukhtii wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:29 pm

UPDATE!!!!!

130 WORKING DAYS!
COLLECTION EMAIL FROM VAC !!!

Going tomorrow to collect the passport from Islamabad.
Please everyone PRAY FOR ME that we get the visa tomorrow!! INSHALLAH! Ya Allah is the GREATEST!! 🤲🏻🙏🏼
UPDATE !!!

16/08/19: WE GOT THE VISAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Ya ALLAH IS THE GREATEST!!!! ALHAMDULILAH!!!

I am soo chuffed and ecstatic right now i can’t even explain how much 😁😁😁😁😁

May Allah bless you all and reunite those who are waiting to be united with their spouses, Ameen 🤲🏻

OHHHHH MA SHA ALLLLLLLAH CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!!! Alhamdulilah the wait is finally OVER!!! May Allah reunite you with your husband and have a blessed life together here in the UK :D . Please don't forget me in your prayers for my wife's visa to be granted in sha allah, although it's not looking too good for us at all at the moment :-(
Thank you so much!!! Ameen! I will definitely keep you and everyone else who is waiting to be reunited with their spouses in my prayers 💜 I pray you get your wife’s approved visa very soon, In Sha Allah !! 🤲🏻 Just don’t lose hope and everything will eventually work out in the end. Also, one more thing I forgot to mention is that if you get a collection email with the word ‘concluded’ that does definitely not mean the visa has been refused. I got an approval so thereby refuting the trend. God bless you all !
What 'trend' are you referring to exactly?? I cannot recall anyone in this topic about spouse visas stating their was a 'trend' re concluded or issued. It is a visitor visa trend specifically for Abu Dhabi and Saudi visitor visa applications!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sasaogs
Newly Registered

Post by Sasaogs » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:52 pm

redcarpert wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:48 am
redcarpert wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:01 am
I've applied for a spouse visa for my wife, here's my timeline:

Country applying from: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Type of visa applied for: Spouse, Settlement
Visa Priority or Non Priority: Non-Priority as priority service isn't available
Date Application Submitted Online: 2 April 2019
Date Bio-metrics Taken: 18 April 2019
Documents scanned to UKVI: 18 April 2019
Text from VFS stating documents has been sent to UKVI: 19 April 2019
Email from Sheffield stating "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer: 6 June 2019
Email from UK decision making centre stating: Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets: 12 July 2019 (sent on the 60th working day)
Phoned Local MP: 15 July 2019
Decision Made Email: TBC
Passport Returned: TBC
Visa Approved (date on letter): TBC

75 working days since biometrics and still no decision

I’ve sent them a paid email on 17 July 2019 asking for an update on why it’s not straightforward, I got a reply on 24 July 2019 “ your application has been escalated to the relevant team and there should be a reply within 15 working days?
Then on 30 July 2019 got another email stating “The processing of this application has not been straightforward. We continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we able to. We cannot give a timescale for when a decision will be made.
(This is the 2nd not straightforward email within couple of weeks from the first not straightforward email) I feel like this email is for them to buy themselves more time to decide on the application
what i don't understand is what’s so not straightforward about my case, the solicitor checked it before it was submitted and she said it looks like a straightforward case all the requirements are there, but I just don't understand what’s going on. I'm scared after all those days waiting, pain and stress it gets refused for a stupid reason.

Can someone tell me if they received this type of email before? If they did how long did it take UKVI to process your visa after that? And wither it was granted or refused? If refused what was the reason??
UPDATE!! :-(

Sent an email asking for an update: 14 August 2019

Email recieved from Decision making centre Sheffield 15 Ausgust 2019:

Thank you for your enquiry received 14 August 2019 regarding your visa application.

Unfortunately, this application is subject to extended checks and the time taken to receive the results of these checks are outside of our control. We are unable to divulge the nature of the checks and whilst we appreciate the delays are frustrating, UKVI policy and procedures must remain intact.

We can only apologise for the delays experienced, but as advised, this is outside our control; please be assured that the application will be progressed as soon as we are in a position to do so. I relation to the priority service paid for, I can confirm that the application has been treated as the same since submission, unfortunately, as stated above, checks are currently being carried out and we cannot provide a timescale for when these will be completed.

not looking good at all :-(
What do you think it could be about? Did your case have extra factors that they will need to verify with anyone else? Like any past immigration issues, divorce or something?

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:15 pm

redcarpert wrote:
redcarpert wrote:

Email from Sheffield stating "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer: 6 June 2019
Email from UK decision making centre stating: Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets: 12 July 2019 (sent on the 60th working day)

I’ve sent them a paid email on 17 July 2019 asking for an update on why it’s not straightforward, I got a reply on 24 July 2019 “ your application has been escalated to the relevant team and there should be a reply within 15 working days?
Then on 30 July 2019 got another email stating “The processing of this application has not been straightforward. We continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we able to. We cannot give a timescale for when a decision will be made.
(This is the 2nd not straightforward email within couple of weeks from the first not straightforward email) I feel like this email is for them to buy themselves more time to decide on the application
what i don't understand is what’s so not straightforward about my case, the solicitor checked it before it was submitted and she said it looks like a straightforward case all the requirements are there, but I just don't understand what’s going on. I'm scared after all those days waiting, pain and stress it gets refused for a stupid reason.

Can someone tell me if they received this type of email before? If they did how long did it take UKVI to process your visa after that? And wither it was granted or refused? If refused what was the reason??

Thank you for your enquiry received 14 August 2019 regarding your visa application.

Unfortunately, this application is subject to extended checks and the time taken to receive the results of these checks are outside of our control. We are unable to divulge the nature of the checks and whilst we appreciate the delays are frustrating, UKVI policy and procedures must remain intact.

We can only apologise for the delays experienced, but as advised, this is outside our control; please be assured that the application will be progressed as soon as we are in a position to do so. I relation to the priority service paid for, I can confirm that the application has been treated as the same since submission, unfortunately, as stated above, checks are currently being carried out and we cannot provide a timescale for when these will be completed.

how do you contact them, my friend in the same situation, got email not straightforward....10 days ago do I respond back to that email and ask for an update or is there another email or contact number to contact them?

Thanks

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:41 am

smithy101 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:39 am
Applying from: Jamaica
Type of visa applied for: Spouse & Child Settlement (both priority)
Date application submitted: 17 June 2019
Date bio-metrics taken: 4 July 2019
Documents sent to Sheffield: 5 July 2019
Documents received at Sheffield: 11 July 2019
Documents returned:
ECO email: 15 July 2019
Decision made email:
I sent an email asking for escalation on my 30th working day which was 15/08/2019 detailing all necessary information. Just received an email reply 18/08/2019, asking for the same information in my initial email :? :roll: (GWF, Name, IHS No etc).

:x

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:43 am

smithy101 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:41 am
smithy101 wrote:
Documents returned:
Decision made email:
I sent an email asking for escalation on my 30th working day which was 15/08/2019 detailing all necessary information. Just received an email reply 18/08/2019, asking for the same information in my initial email :? :roll: (GWF, Name, IHS No etc).

which email do you sent email to, I need to do the same?

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:09 am

xzaf wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:43 am
smithy101 wrote:
smithy101 wrote:
Documents returned:
Decision made email:

See here: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:17 am

smithy101 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:09 am
xzaf wrote:
smithy101 wrote:
smithy101 wrote:
Documents returned:
Decision made email:

£5.48 for an email? what is this a money making scheme.... is it worth ringing or emailing from your personal experience? if I email do I say I want to escalate my case, how do you word it? Thanks

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:40 am

xzaf wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:17 am
smithy101 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:09 am
xzaf wrote:
smithy101 wrote:

£5.48 for an email? what is this a money making scheme.... is it worth ringing or emailing from your personal experience? if I email do I say I want to escalate my case, how do you word it? Thanks
I will be honest, I have both called and emailed and found both methods equally unhelpful. I don't know if it's a "luck of the draw" situation with these people but I find myself repeating the same information over and over again. Simply, unlucky!

They say the £5.48 includes any follow up emails but I still have not had a response to a particular email I sent a few weeks ago .... if I had chased for that particular response via telephone again it would have cots me extra so, I would not hold my breath on that one either.

Although it was provided in my first initial email to them, this is what they asked for:

Full name of applicant as shown on application:
Date of Birth:
GWF number:
IHS number:
Passport number:
Place of submission:
Type of Visa applied for:
Date of biometrics:
Nationality:
E-mail address used on application:
REASON FOR ESCALATION:

Good Luck!

redcarpert

Post by redcarpert » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:44 am

Sasaogs wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:52 pm
redcarpert wrote:
redcarpert wrote:

What do you think it could be about? Did your case have extra factors that they will need to verify with anyone else? Like any past immigration issues, divorce or something?
No I'm a British Citizen i never had any immigration issues before and i wasn't married before this is my first marriage, so i don't know whats with these extra checks, although my case is straigtforward

redcarpert

Post by redcarpert » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 am

xzaf wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:15 pm
redcarpert wrote:
redcarpert wrote:

how do you contact them, my friend in the same situation, got email not straightforward....10 days ago do I respond back to that email and ask for an update or is there another email or contact number to contact them?

Thanks
I send the normal paid email and the paid call, but i realised its pointless. Now I'm going through the complaints procedure and i have made a complaint last week and i'll wait for a reply from HO. if you want, go through the complaint procedure. here's there email

complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:20 am

smithy101 wrote:
Documents returned:
Decision made email:
Called to escalate: 19 August 2019

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 pm

Hello Beautiful People,

Thanks for all the wishes.... its been great!!!

I pray for more successful outcomes for each & every one f us still pending..

Please has anyone traveled recently traveled with expired TB certificate?

Mine expires Sept 2019 and i want to travel early October 2019..

Please will there be a problem?

My girl will bring the original TB CERTIFICATE document while i will bring a scanned copy..

Any good? Has anyone traveled with expired TB certificate?

redcarpert

Post by redcarpert » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:52 am

sophiealys wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:47 am
My fiancé is from Mexico and applied for marriage settlement. He completed biometrics 12/04/2019. Received email stating that they are making a decision: 03/06/2019. Called to enquire the status of application 22/06/2019 and received an email on 25/06/2019 stating that they are still working on making a decision. It has now been 87 working days, 18 weeks since he completed biometrics. Anyone else still waiting since April?
We have similar timeline.. my wife completed biometric 18/04/2019 and still waiting for decision

Mcgowan
Newly Registered

Post by Mcgowan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:52 am

Today I recieved my documents back in the post but I haven't recieved a email or text to collect passport. How long do you recon I will have to wait until I will be able to collect? Tia

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:27 am

royjones wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:57 pm
Hello beautiful people,

VISAAAAAAAAAA GRANTED!!!!!!

Timeline

Country applying from: Nigeria
Visa Processing Office Location: Sheffield, UK
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement (Non-Priority)

13th May 2019 - Online Application Submitted
20th May 2019 - Biometrics Taken
30th May 2019 - Sponsor's Documents couriered to UKVI, Sheffield
15th Aug 2019 - Collection Email received from TLScontact 11:18am
9th Aug 2019 - Date Visa was Issued
15th Aug 2019 - Passport & Visa Collected at 12.34pm as i cudn't breathe..

One of the scariest moments in my life definitely....

Bless the others waiting.. just read thru each page and u will be fine... no lawyers involved at all..

Warm Regards.

royjones wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 am
Hello Beautiful people,

Today is Working Day 60.. should i email or call them?

Biometric done 20th of May 2019, with mail stating ECO is preparing the application for consideration on 6th of June, 2019.

That's the last mail i received...
So happy for you :)
Told ya, it’s a waiting game and well worth it when the visa has been granted.

I hope everyone else waiting receives the same great news!

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:39 am

royjones wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:23 pm
Hello Beautiful People,

My girl will bring the original TB CERTIFICATE document while i will bring a scanned copy..

Royjones,
Not sure about the expired TB certificate but to let you know, you have to travel within the 28 days period visa was granted.
Are you aware of this? Only because you mentioned travelling in October.

rexabruzzi
Newly Registered

Post by rexabruzzi » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:27 am

I have a similar timeline too.. date of application. 8th April and biometrics submitted 16th April. Received not straight forward email and then escalated twice. Last email states that they cannot give a timeline.

TB certificate expires on the 25th of August. Documents haven’t been returned yet too..

Dejected and disappointed!

😞

quote=redcarpert post_id=1815684

time=1566287527 user_id=221977]
[quote=sophiealys post_id=<a href="tel:1814353">1814353</a> time=<a href="tel:1565952420">1565952420</a> user_id=223213]
My fiancé is from Mexico and applied for marriage settlement. He completed biometrics 12/04/2019. Received email stating that they are making a decision: 03/06/2019. Called to enquire the status of application 22/06/2019 and received an email on 25/06/2019 stating that they are still working on making a decision. It has now been 87 working days, 18 weeks since he completed biometrics. Anyone else still waiting since April?
[/quote]

We have similar timeline.. my wife completed biometric 18/04/2019 and still waiting for decision
[/quote]

lmrad
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by lmrad » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:56 am

according to previous post here and information over the net : receiving back the documentation does not mean the decision is made. it simply mean that they did a copy of your document.
decision could take more time to be done/delivered : I think expected over email .
I'm same situation as you, just received back the documentation. in average I think, we need to wait 2-4 more weeks in best cases to get a feedback about decision.
good luck!

lmrad
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by lmrad » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:58 am

Mcgowan wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:52 am
Today I recieved my documents back in the post but I haven't recieved a email or text to collect passport. How long do you recon I will have to wait until I will be able to collect? Tia
according to previous posts here and information over the net : receiving back the documentation does not mean the decision is made. it simply mean that they did a copy of your document.
decision could take more time to be done/delivered : I think expected over email .
I'm same situation as you, just received back the documentation. in average I think, we need to wait 2-4 more weeks in best cases to get a feedback about decision.
good luck!

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 pm

thanks for the wishes....

28days? i got 30days on my visa vignette...

yea i intend to travel in October..
OlaSim wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:39 am
royjones wrote:
Hello Beautiful People,

Royjones,
Not sure about the expired TB certificate but to let you know, you have to travel within the 28 days period visa was granted.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:06 pm

royjones wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:02 pm

OlaSim wrote:
royjones wrote:
Hello Beautiful People,

Royjones,
I believe the user was query what the 30 days visa validity is if you are only travel in October which is more than 30 days from now. Ukvi do not always date the visa in the future.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm

hi CR001,

i'm sorry i don't understand..

the visa given starts 20th Sept 2019 & is valid till 20th Oct 2019.

I actually picked my intended travel date to be Sept 27, 2019 when applying, so i think that's why i got some extra days before the visa kicks in..
CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:06 pm
royjones wrote:

OlaSim wrote:
royjones wrote:
Hello Beautiful People,

Royjones,
I believe the user was query what the 30 days visa validity is if you are only travel in October which is more than 30 days from now. Ukvi do not always date the visa in the future.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm

royjones wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm
hi CR001,

I actually picked my intended travel date to be Sept 27, 2019 when applying, so i think that's why i got some extra days before the visa kicks in..
CR001 wrote:
royjones wrote:

OlaSim wrote:

Royjones,
No extra days. I was only pointing out that often ho ignore the request and future intended date of travel and issue the visa valid from decision day. As you had not stated previously what your visa validity was, hence the previous user asking the question about travelling later in the year if your visa was issued for now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

royjones
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by royjones » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Thanks for the clarification...

I'm traveling first week of October tho..

I got a lot of planning and rounding up to do..
CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm
royjones wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm
hi CR001,

CR001 wrote:
royjones wrote:

No extra days. I was only pointing out that often ho ignore the request and future intended date of travel and issue the visa valid from decision day. As you had not stated previously what your visa validity was, hence the previous user asking the question about travelling later in the year if your visa was issued for now.