ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visit Visa UK (Exam Purpose)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

webguru
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

General Visit Visa UK (Exam Purpose)

Post by webguru » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:20 am

Hi All,
One of my family member is a doctor and she was in UK for her exam which was few days only but she spent around 4 months in UK. She had 6 months visit visa and left the state on time and she never work, never applied for any benefit in UK. Now she is applying again for another exam from Pakistan which is also 3 days only. But she would like to apply for 2 year visit visa. Is she eligible and can get visit visa for 2 years ? she has no intention to work illegally in the UK nor to apply any benefits.
Can any body advise Please if she can get 2 years visit visa ? Because i know few people who got 2 years visit visa after initial 6 months visit visa but they applied from EU and had another EU country visa too. Many Thanks

Casa

Re: General Visit Visa UK (Exam Purpose)

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:13 am

What length of stay in the UK was stated on her previous visitor visa application :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

webguru
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by webguru » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:51 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:13 am
What length of stay in the UK was stated on her previous visitor visa application :?:
Hi, thanks for your reply. She had 6 months visit visa before. Now thinking to apply same visit visa but for 2 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:53 pm

webguru wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:51 pm
Casa wrote:
Hi, thanks for your reply. She had 6 months visit visa before. Now thinking to apply same visit visa but for 2 years.
Casa's question was not about the length of visa she had. It was about how long she stated in her visa application that she WOULD be staying in the UK, i.e. 1 week or 2 weeks etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

webguru
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by webguru » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:53 pm
webguru wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:51 pm
Casa wrote:
Casa's question was not about the length of visa she had. It was about how long she stated in her visa application that she WOULD be staying in the UK, i.e. 1 week or 2 weeks etc.
Sorry i interpret it wrongly. She stated in her application 4 days only because of her exam but you will get 6 months visit visa at least. Now she is thinking if stated again few days (about a week)and pay fee for 2 years. can she get 2 year visit visa ? thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:35 pm

webguru wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:32 pm
Sorry i interpret it wrongly. She stated in her application 4 days only because of her exam but you will get 6 months visit visa at least. Now she is thinking if stated again few days (about a week)and pay fee for 2 years. can she get 2 year visit visa ? thanks
If she has only every had one visitor visa to the UK and stayed substantially longer than she stated in her application, she is unlikely to be granted a 2 year validity visa.

Note that members have reported being refused second and third visitor visa for staying longer previously than they stated in their applications. Stating 3 days and staying 4 months is a huge discrepancy.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

webguru
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by webguru » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:35 pm
webguru wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:32 pm
If she has only every had one visitor visa to the UK and stayed substantially longer than she stated in her application, she is unlikely to be granted a 2 year validity visa.

Note that members have reported being refused second and third visitor visa for staying longer previously than they stated in their applications. Stating 3 days and staying 4 months is a huge discrepancy.
thanks for reply. But she was living legally as she had 6 months permission without doing any work or getting any benefits.she just change mind and attended some workshops related to her profession.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:03 pm

But she was living legally as she had 6 months permission without doing any work or getting any benefits.she just change mind and attended some workshops related to her profession.
Not the point though is it. She had to provide evidence with her visa to prove her ties to home country and that she will leave the UK after her stated visit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)