ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation For Spouse of BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srivisaN

British Citizenship Application Online form questions

Post by srivisaN » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:49 am

My wife is planning to apply for BC (section 6(1)) soon and while filling online form we have below queries, can anyone who has been though the process already resolve them.

1. Details of your other name --> Why have you been known by another name? we tried to put it in Other is the correct. Not sure if we can select Marriage or Civil Partnership
- Marriage or Civil Partnership
- Other: xyz was my family name before my Marriage

2. If you legally changed your name, when did you do this (if applicable)?
Her name was changed after our marriage, but there is no legal procedure other than Marriage certificate

3. Previous address
Do I need to put present address again in this section with start date and till date ?

4. Previous Address:
My wife stayed in her home country for an year during her maternity, do I need to fill home country address or the correspondence address in UK

srivisaN

Re: British Citizenship Application Online form questions

Post by srivisaN » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:25 pm

can someone please spend few mins to answer these questions, I think they are quite simple but just curious to know if I am putting correct details.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:34 am

can someone please check my post too :)

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:38 am

don't think "bumping" of posts is allowed.
If someone knows any answers to our questions, they will respond themselves.

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:42 am

srivisaN wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:49 am
My wife is planning to apply for BC (section 6(1)) soon and while filling online form we have below queries, can anyone who has been though the process already resolve them.

1. Details of your other name --> Why have you been known by another name? we tried to put it in Other is the correct. Not sure if we can select Marriage or Civil Partnership

Her name was changed after our marriage, but there is no legal procedure other than Marriage certificate

3. Previous address
Do I need to put present address again in this section with start date and till date ?

4. Previous Address:
My wife stayed in her home country for an year during her maternity, do I need to fill home country address or the correspondence address in UK
1. Marriage or Civil Partnership.
2. I included the date of our marriage. Previous passport with maiden name will clarify that. I did not bother to include marriage certificate
3. No
4. Correspondence address. I will suggest you look into the absence gap from the UK to make sure she is within the acceptable period of absence since you mentioned she was away for a year.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:58 am

lanrezy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:42 am
srivisaN wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:49 am

3. Previous address

4. Previous Address:
1. Marriage or Civil Partnership.
2. I included the date of our marriage. Previous passport with maiden name will clarify that. I did not bother to include marriage certificate
3. No
4. Correspondence address. I will suggest you look into the absence gap from the UK to make sure she is within the acceptable period of absence since you mentioned she was away for a year.
Thanks Lanrezy, we need to apply for discretion.

Point 4 asks us to put the address where she lived ? that is why I got confused. She have all her payslips, bank statements, p60 at the correspondence address during that 1 year though.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Why is she applying under Section 6(1) based on 5 years residence and not Section 6(2) spouse of British citizen based on 3 years residence??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:13 pm
Why is she applying under Section 6(1) based on 5 years residence and not Section 6(2) spouse of British citizen based on 3 years residence??
Hi CROO1 thanks for the response, here are the absences she have in each scenario, we felt that she have more chance of getting BC if she apply in Section 6(1), hence we waited for 12 months to complete after her ILR. She is resident in UK for last 6 years.

Section 6(1): 484 in the last 5 years
Section 6(2): 437 in the last 3 years

She have me and her son (both British), Finances, Job, Home (Rented) in UK and the only reason she had such big absences is due to her Maternity/Health issues.

Do you think she will have a better chance with section 6(1) the fact that she just have 4 days extra from 480 days limit under section 6(1) ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm

What date are you planning to submit and pay and was she physically present in the UK on the same date 5 years ago?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm
What date are you planning to submit and pay and was she physically present in the UK on the same date 5 years ago?
I am following all below rules are met,

- she physically present in the UK on the same date 5 years ago
- she don't have absences > 90 days in 1 year period before her application date
- she would be applying (submit & pay) after she completes 12 months since she got her ILR

The only discretion we are seeking is 480 + 4 absences in the last 5 years

srivisaN

Any convictions of dependants not applying with you

Post by srivisaN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:09 pm

Can someone please suggest me the way forward, my wife is applying for BC soon and she need to answer below questions. I put down my answers as below.

Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?
Yes
Have any of these non-applying dependants been convicted of an offence or received a court order?
No

There was a mistake done by UKVI at the time of my wife's ILR application. She submitted my cancelled Indian passport and they felt I should not have kept the cancelled passport after I got BC. We explained that High Commission of India cancelled it and returned to me (usual process as part of surrender India passport)

UKVI retained my cancelled Indian passport and forwarded it to Indian High Commission. I collected it back from India High Commission. I also sent letters to UKVI that there was no mistake on our side, I didn't get any reply back. We sent SAR request for my wife and we didn't get any response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Any convictions of dependants not applying with you

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:11 pm

You have been a member for long enough to know the rule about multiple topics and posts!!!

Topics Merged (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:14 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:09 pm
Can someone please suggest me the way forward, my wife is applying for BC soon and she need to answer below questions. I put down my answers as below.

Yes
Have any of these non-applying dependants been convicted of an offence or received a court order?
No

There was a mistake done by UKVI at the time of my wife's ILR application. She submitted my cancelled Indian passport and they felt I should not have kept the cancelled passport after I got BC. We explained that High Commission of India cancelled it and returned to me (usual process as part of surrender India passport)

UKVI retained my cancelled Indian passport and forwarded it to Indian High Commission. I collected it back from India High Commission. I also sent letters to UKVI that there was no mistake on our side, I didn't get any reply back. We sent SAR request for my wife and we didn't get any response.
1. You are NOT your spouses dependent as you are already British!!

2. You are overthinking. Your Indian passport issue is irrelevant.

For other members who wish to understand the Indian passport issue and the mistake the OP and spouse made, see link below.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ilr-succes ... l#p1757364
Char (CR001 not Casa)

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:14 pm
srivisaN wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:09 pm

Yes
No

1. You are NOT your spouses dependent as you are already British!!

2. You are overthinking. Your Indian passport issue is irrelevant.

For other members who wish to understand the Indian passport issue and the mistake the OP and spouse made, see link below.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ilr-succes ... l#p1757364
Thanks CR001 I will select No and No.

Regarding below statement, I don't think we have made any mistake. We took all the docs to UKVI at that time and the person there asked us to give whatever we have (even though we said cancelled passports not needed). If we made any mistake I don't hesitate to share it.

"For other members who wish to understand the Indian passport issue and the mistake the OP and spouse made, see link below."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Regarding below statement, I don't think we have made any mistake. We took all the docs to UKVI at that time and the person there asked us to give whatever we have (even though we said cancelled passports not needed). If we made any mistake I don't hesitate to share it.
I am not going to rehash the advice you were given in your topic about your mistake in submitting a passport that was not required. I posted the link ONLY as you have made a reference to the incident and to avoid members asking about the situation again!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:02 pm

next question..

On the list of documents section on the Online application

Documents -> Your marriage or civil partnership certificate (You can send a photocopy of your spouse or partner’s passport - you must photocopy every page of the passport)

Do we need to submit Marriage Certificate or Spouse BC Passport ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Both. Copy of your passport is fine though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

srivisaN

Start and End days of absences to be filled on British Citizenship application

Post by srivisaN » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi,

As we are providing stamps on the passport, do UKVI consider those stamp dates as start and end dates ? or do they check the flight dates (departure and arrival dates)

srivisaN

Naturalisation For Spouse of BC

Post by srivisaN » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:53 am

hi,

I am planning to apply BC for my wife under section 6(1), Me and my son both British. She have 484 absences in the past 5 years and 440 in the past 3 years. so we felt section 6(1) is safe.

while filling online form --> residence requirements, I need to fill below sections

Do you meet these residence requirements?:
Yes
Please tell us which of the requirements you do not meet and the reason you do not meet them:
I mentioned exceeded 450 days limit and have 484 days absences, reason: pregnancy

Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen: :
Yes
Please provide further details::
Provided further all details during pregnancy

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application? :
Yes
Please confirm which requirement(s) you think you fail to meet and what special circumstances should be considered:
Requirement: 450 days in 5 years qualifying period
Special Circumstances: Given a statement that I established home, family (both British), investments, son's education, employment etc.,

Do you think this is enough or am I missing anything here..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:11 pm
You have been a member for long enough to know the rule about multiple topics and posts!!!

Topics Merged (click)
!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

srivisaN

Re: Naturalisation For Spouse of BC

Post by srivisaN » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:26 am

srivisaN wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:53 am
hi,

I am planning to apply BC for my wife under section 6(1), Me and my son both British. She have 484 absences in the past 5 years and 440 in the past 3 years. so we felt section 6(1) is safe.

while filling online form --> residence requirements, I need to fill below sections

Yes
Please tell us which of the requirements you do not meet and the reason you do not meet them:
I mentioned exceeded 450 days limit and have 484 days absences, reason: pregnancy

Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen: :
Yes

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application? :
Yes
Please confirm which requirement(s) you think you fail to meet and what special circumstances should be considered:
Special Circumstances: Given a statement that I established home, family (both British), investments, son's education, employment etc.,

Sorry CR001. can anyone clarify above post pls.. I am not sure if my above answers are correct ?

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:29 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:26 am
srivisaN wrote:
hi,

Yes

Yes

Yes

Sorry CR001. can anyone clarify above post pls.. I am not sure if my above answers are correct ?
can someone please help me with this.

dnz34
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by dnz34 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:19 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:29 pm
srivisaN wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:26 am
srivisaN wrote:
hi,

Yes

Yes

Yes

I’m in the same situation! Did you apply bc for you wife please ?

can someone please help me with this.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi dnz34,

Yes, we got the approval.

dnz34
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by dnz34 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:14 am

srivisaN wrote: