ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with old, valid BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

minminzzzzzz
Newly Registered
China

Travel with old, valid BRP

Post by minminzzzzzz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi,

I have applied and received a successful confirmation of my new BRP but the delivery is delayed. The old BRP is still valid until 14th September covering my dates of traveling. I saw the replies to some previous posts here saying that the old BRP is no longer valid and is cancelled automatically once the new BRP is issued. However, I spoke to the broader control at Manchester Airport about this. They confirmed that I can still travel with my old BRP which is still valid. There is also no official policy document suggesting that the old one is automatically invalid/cancelled on the spot of issuing the new BRP.

Could you please clarify this matter?

Thanks!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Travel with old, valid BRP

Post by UKLL » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:47 pm

minminzzzzzz wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:08 pm
Hi,

I have applied and received a successful confirmation of my new BRP but the delivery is delayed. The old BRP is still valid until 14th September covering my dates of traveling. I saw the replies to some previous posts here saying that the old BRP is no longer valid and is cancelled automatically once the new BRP is issued. However, I spoke to the broader control at Manchester Airport about this. They confirmed that I can still travel with my old BRP which is still valid. There is also no official policy document suggesting that the old one is automatically invalid/cancelled on the spot of issuing the new BRP.

Could you please clarify this matter?

it does not make sense if it's not cancelled, that means you have two visas with two sponsors

Thanks!

minminzzzzzz
Newly Registered
China

Re: Travel with old, valid BRP

Post by minminzzzzzz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:59 pm

It's the same sponsor for the two brp cards. The old brp will expire on the expiry date. It can still be used for traveling out of and re-enter UK. I have confirmed this twice with the UK broader control team on the phone (01614892456). I have also got a positive confirmation regarding this matter from my university's HR service.

Do you know any case that a person is refused to enter the UK broader because they used an old, valid brp?