ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you receive both an email and letter confirming approval of naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Koala19
Newly Registered
Australia

Do you receive both an email and letter confirming approval of naturalisation application

Post by Koala19 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Hello

Does the Home Office send an email to advise they have made a decision in relation to a naturalization application and then send a subsequent letter via the post?

It's tough waiting for a letter to be randomly arrive (almost 4 months and counting after applying)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do you receive both an email and letter confirming approval of naturalisation application

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:29 pm

Your decision arrives in the post, second class mail in an A5 brown envelope (could be mistaken for junkmail).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Koala19
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Do you receive both an email and letter confirming approval of naturalisation application

Post by Koala19 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Thank you for confirming! I'll continue my daily ritual of checking the letter box.

boogie2019
Newly Registered

Post by boogie2019 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi Koala

When did you get the email?

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Koala19 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:23 pm
Hello

Does the Home Office send an email to advise they have made a decision in relation to a naturalization application and then send a subsequent letter via the post?

It's tough waiting for a letter to be randomly arrive (almost 4 months and counting after applying)

Thanks
Would be very helpful indeed if we'd receive an email as well 😭

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:39 am

hamalt66 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:49 pm
Koala19 wrote:
Hello

Thanks
You can perhaps request for a soft copy of your approval letter by emailing Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:51 am

apsk wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:39 am
hamalt66 wrote:
Koala19 wrote:
Hello

Thanks
You can perhaps request for a soft copy of your approval letter by emailing Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
What would I do with an email if I already had the letter!!!! What I meant was, by receiving an email at the same time of a decision letter was sent out, the applicant won't be worrying too much wondering if his/her letter was lost in the post or not.

The approval letter of one of the members here was given to a neighbour by mistake and it took that neighbour nearly 3 months to give it back to its rightful owner. Now that's a nightmare! 😳

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:30 am

hamalt66 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:51 am
apsk wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:39 am
hamalt66 wrote:
Koala19 wrote:
Hello

Thanks
What would I do with an email if I already had the letter!!!! What I meant was, by receiving an email at the same time of a decision letter was sent out, the applicant won't be worrying too much wondering if his/her letter was lost in the post or not.

The approval letter of one of the members here was given to a neighbour by mistake and it took that neighbour nearly 3 months to give it back to its rightful owner. Now that's a nightmare! 😳
Same here, mine was given to neighbour where no one lives.. and I did chase up HO via email and got a soft copy. That is what I am trying to say there is an option of requesting a soft copy also if you think approval letter is lost somewhere. And this is for information only, doesnt mean you need to do it..