ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Category B FLR(M) Previous Employer letter/payslip authentication?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Confusedmum
Newly Registered

Documents for FLR M

Post by Confusedmum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi, I need a little bit of help as I’m slightly confused. My daughter will be marrying her fiancé in the UK in August, he is here on a 6 month fiancé visa. They obviously then plan on applying for a FLR M before his visa expires in October. They are currently living with me and will continue to do so until he is working and then they will look for their own place to live.

The confusion comes from the lawyer saying that they need to provide evidence of them living together at the same property for 2 years including utility bills, council tax and a joint bank account. As he only arrived at the beginning of June this is not going to be possible. She has tried to get a phone contract in his name and a joint bank account but both were refused as he only has a temporary visa. There must be an alternative to this as it just isn’t possible to supply the information that they seem to be asking for and I’m sure this must have applied to many others who enter on a fiancé visa, get married and then apply for further leave to remain.

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for FLR M

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:49 pm

Nonsense, he is smoking his socks. The 2 year cohabitation evidence is NOT required when switching from a fiance visa to a spouse visa.

Presumably the fiance has the correct fiance visa (costs £1523) and not the cheaper marriage visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Confusedmum
Newly Registered

Post by Confusedmum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Thanks for your reply, no he definitely has the fiancé visa (£1523 cost) and they will be married within the stipulated 6 month time frame.

Could you advise what they need to send as proof that they are living together? Would a letter from me suffice? And can they use the previous house inspection report ( from February) to prove that there are no overcrowding issues?

Thanks in anticipation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Yes that would be fine, similar to what was submitted for the fiance visa but recent and updated and dated within 28 days before FLR M application date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Confusedmum
Newly Registered

Post by Confusedmum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:49 pm

Thanks, I was starting to worry that it was impossible to do but I knew that people must have been in a similar situation and been awarded a visa.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:10 pm

Confusedmum wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:49 pm
Thanks, I was starting to worry that it was impossible to do but I knew that people must have been in a similar situation and been awarded a visa.
Any recent proof of address addressed jointly or in individual names should be fine. Old house inspection usually isn't accepted but if they are living in your property where there is no other none-related adult living then it may even not needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Confusedmum
Newly Registered

Post by Confusedmum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:10 pm
Confusedmum wrote:
Any recent proof of address addressed jointly or in individual names should be fine. Old house inspection usually isn't accepted but if they are living in your property where there is no other none-related adult living then it may even not needed.
Aah, okay. The house inspection was less than 6 months ago so can’t see how different a new one will be except for the date on it but it is only family in the home 5 adults (2 being married couples) in a large 4 bed Victorian house so definitely no overcrowding.

I think the only things in his name sent to the house are a refund from the DVLA for overpayment for a driving licence appplication and a letter from his bank (Monzo, they were the only ones who would let him have an account based on the type off visa he has) and there could possibly be something from the Registry Office addressed to them both.

Do you think these will be adequate?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:58 am

Confusedmum wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:52 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:10 pm
Confusedmum wrote:
Aah, okay. The house inspection was less than 6 months ago so can’t see how different a new one will be except for the date on it but it is only family in the home 5 adults (2 being married couples) in a large 4 bed Victorian house so definitely no overcrowding.

I think the only things in his name sent to the house are a refund from the DVLA for overpayment for a driving licence appplication and a letter from his bank (Monzo, they were the only ones who would let him have an account based on the type off visa he has) and there could possibly be something from the Registry Office addressed to them both.

Do you think these will be adequate?
Should be fine but why not until they will be applying spouse visa they create few more from now onward.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Confusedmum
Newly Registered

Post by Confusedmum » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:16 am

So apart from the most up to date financial proof we have gathered what information we need except the lawyer keeps insisting that we need proof of joint financial commitment which they just cannot get as they are living with me (so no proof of joint utility bills) and the banks are still refusing to allow them to have a joint bank account until he has his FLRM visa and a job etc. Do they really need this proof because if they do then there is no way that they can get the FLRM, he has only been in the UK for just over 2 months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:19 am

Confusedmum wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:16 am
So apart from the most up to date financial proof we have gathered what information we need except the lawyer keeps insisting that we need proof of joint financial commitment which they just cannot get as they are living with me (so no proof of joint utility bills) and the banks are still refusing to allow them to have a joint bank account until he has his FLRM visa and a job etc. Do they really need this proof because if they do then there is no way that they can get the FLRM, he has only been in the UK for just over 2 months.
There is no requirement to prove joint financial commitments if switching from a fiance visa to a spouse visa. You are being ill advised by the lawyer and probably being ripped off with their fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:51 pm

I think lawyer is confused who mixing up unmarried partner's visa requirement here which is totally irrelevant here.

Confusedmum
Newly Registered

Post by Confusedmum » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Thank you, I was really starting to despair as I just couldn’t see how we could get what he was asking for. We have only used the lawyer as he seemed to do a great job when applying for the fiancé visa but maybe we felt that as we really had no idea what we were doing. We’ll apply without the proof of joint financial commitment and have to keep our fingers crossed..

Confusedmum
Newly Registered

Post by Confusedmum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Okay, so now the lawyer is asking for more information, I'm assuming to complete the online form but seeing as we do not know what questions are asked then we really do not have any idea. Can anyone help me with the following? Are these normally asked on the online form (and he doesn't/can’t have an NI number as he is on a temporary visa). I would just like clarification that these are genuine questions and the lawyer has not sent us the wrong ones to complete.

To be completed by the applicant. This information is required by the UK Government. All questions are mandatory and must be answered as fully as possible.

To be completed by the applicant.

 Please provide your:

• Full name;
• UK mobile number;
• National Insurance Number;
• answer ALL of the questions below:

 Have you travelled outside of the UK since you arrived in the UK on fiancée visa? Please list all countries in the following format:

 Have you ever lived in the countries other than country than the UK? Please list ALL countries (including country of birth) in the following format:

 Do you have a valid national identity card issued by your country of birth or previous residence? If yes, please provide the following information:
National identity card number
Issuing authority/ country or place of issue
Issue date (if applicable) DD MM YYYY
Expiry date (if applicable) DD MM YYYY

 What family and/or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold? Please provide details of these family and friends, including their names, relationship to you and where they live (you can list only your immediate family (and/or those members of your family you maintain contact with and close friends)

 If you were required to leave the UK, what country would you go to?

 Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country? If yes, please explain fully.

 Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities? For example, council tax, utility bills, mortgage or rent, childcare costs, loan payments etc. Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month.

 Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary? If not please explain why you and your partner cannot live together outside the UK as fully as possible.

 Do you or any of your dependants own any property outside the UK? If yes, please provide details.

 Do you or any of your dependants have any business interests outside the UK? If yes, please provide details.

 At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country? If yes, provide details. Failure to provide full information may delay your submission. Failure to disclose information may result in refusal.

• A criminal conviction
• A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
• An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
• A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
• A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
• A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

 Please list all addresses you lived at in the last 2 years.

 Do you have any children under the age of 18? Yes/No (not applicable as no children)

TanJL

Post by TanJL » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:06 pm

Those are literally the questions on the application form.
We are just applying for our second FLR(M) (after fiance visa & 1st FLR(M)) and we are currently filling this application form.
It has always been the case for FLR(M) that this visa covers several different situations so many people applying for FLR(M) would have an NI number, just leave that blank.

Confusedmum
Newly Registered

Post by Confusedmum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:50 pm

TanJL wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:06 pm
Those are literally the questions on the application form.
We are just applying for our second FLR(M) (after fiance visa & 1st FLR(M)) and we are currently filling this application form.
It has always been the case for FLR(M) that this visa covers several different situations so many people applying for FLR(M) would have an NI number, just leave that blank.
Thank you, guess I don’t fully trust the lawyer at the moment. It’s a bit disconcerting to see questions about family in his home country, feels like they are seeing if it would be easier to refuse a visa and get them to both move over there! I’m sure that’s not the case, just an anxious time filling in the forms.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Confusedmum wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:50 pm
It’s a bit disconcerting to see questions about family in his home country, feels like they are seeing if it would be easier to refuse a visa and get them to both move over there! I’m sure that’s not the case, just an anxious time filling in the forms.
These questions would only affect the application if left blank otherwise wont affect the outcome.

Confusedmum
Newly Registered

Post by Confusedmum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:43 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:22 pm
Confusedmum wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:50 pm
It’s a bit disconcerting to see questions about family in his home country, feels like they are seeing if it would be easier to refuse a visa and get them to both move over there! I’m sure that’s not the case, just an anxious time filling in the forms.
These questions would only affect the application if left blank otherwise wont affect the outcome.
Thank you for the information, that’s reassuring.

TanJL

Post by TanJL » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:54 am

I think it's sensible for you not to trust your lawyer - you seem to be doing the right thing though, doing your own research and questioning anything that doesn't seem quite right. Hopefully you will continue to catch any of their glaring errors.

Yes, I find those questions disconcerting too. I think it's to do with if they are going to refuse you for some reason, they need to check it won't be against your human rights, for example, if you were a same sex couple, in a country where that is illegal, or there is a war or something.

Confusedmum
Newly Registered

Post by Confusedmum » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:32 pm

Okay, last question (hopefully) before we submit the online form. As stated before, my son-in-law cannot get a bank account, job etc. until he has his FLRM visa (which we are applying for) and on the form it asks if he has any financial commitments with my daughter. The lawyer has answered yes to this and stated that they shared the cost of the fiancé visa application and the FLRM application and that they share living costs while staying with me. There is no evidence of his contribution to the visa applications and he obviously doesn’t pay to live with me as he can’t earn any money at the moment, this will obviously change once he is working. Should this question even be answered yes as currently they do not share any financial commitments as he is unable to work etc. or does this mean hypothetically as they are now married they are both responsible even though he doesn’t make any monetary contribution? Talk about confused :D

TanJL

Category B FLR(M) Previous Employer letter/payslip authentication?

Post by TanJL » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:16 pm

We are applying for FLR(M) with category B as my partner has been with his current employer only 5 months. So we are using an old employment to show 12 months income.
We have an employer letter from current employer which also authenticates his PDF payslips.

Is it needed to get a letter from the previous employer confirming the employment and authenticating his PDF payslips?
We are worried because we have requested this from them by email but they haven't replied in a week.. my husband got on well with the company director and left on good terms but we are getting worried they will refuse to help.
So is this actually a requirement? I imagine it must be difficult for a lot of people to get their old employer to agree to this so wondering if it's actually expected at all? We are mainly worried because the payslips are PDFs.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Category B FLR(M) Previous Employer letter/payslip authentication?

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:52 pm

TanJL wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:16 pm

Is it needed to get a letter from the previous employer confirming the employment and authenticating his PDF payslips?
Although asking the employer letter from previous employer is irrelevant but caseworker has asked it from many members. As a precaution keep it ready and whenever its being asked then without delay it should be forwarded to them. If your payslips from previous employer after printing looks original then according to member's experience they may assume them as original.

TanJL

Post by TanJL » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:07 pm

Not sure why my question has been tagged onto someone else’s post?

Seagul - so you think it is not a requirement but they may ask for it? We don’t have the letter but are running out of time to apply - we don’t know if we can apply without it.
Also, the payslips are pdf only - I don’t think they look like the payslips you would get in the little envelopes

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:29 pm

TanJL wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:07 pm
Not sure why my question has been tagged onto someone else’s post?

Seagul - so you think it is not a requirement but they may ask for it? We don’t have the letter but are running out of time to apply - we don’t know if we can apply without it.
Also, the payslips are pdf only - I don’t think they look like the payslips you would get in the little envelopes
In my opinion asking employer letter from previous employer is totally weird because on one hand guidance suggests that it should be dated no earlier than 28 days but on other hand one should imagine that if you left an employer in past then other than p45 or experience letter he can't issue employer letter in advance which would be far older than 28 days when in future you will apply. Anyways you can apply without it because not everyone is being asked about it but still keep it ready just in case. In my guess the pdf payslips from previous employer will serve the purpose because now you aren't required to send any paper format and pdf is an acceptable format of UKVCAS.