ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Private Rented Accommodation Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

warrencoles
Newly Registered

Private Rented Accommodation Requirements

Post by warrencoles » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:47 am

Hi,

I will have to apply for a spouse visa extension soon. I rent privately and my family and I are the only occupants of the house.

1. Are the only requirements a letter from the landlord and the tenancy agreement, or do we have to have the land registry documents spelling out the size of the house?

2. And I saw on one letter a reference to separate bathroom and toilet, but ours are combined? Is that an issue?

Thanks, Warren

Casa

Re: Private Rented Accommodation Requirements

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am

warrencoles wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:47 am
Hi,

I will have to apply for a spouse visa extension soon. I rent privately and my family and I are the only occupants of the house.

1. Are the only requirements a letter from the landlord and the tenancy agreement, or do we have to have the land registry documents spelling out the size of the house? As your family are the only occupants, a letter from the landlord and a copy of the tenancy agreement will be fine.

2. And I saw on one letter a reference to separate bathroom and toilet, but ours are combined? Is that an issue? Not at all.

Thanks, Warren
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

warrencoles
Newly Registered

Post by warrencoles » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:33 am

Sorry Casa, I thought I posted a new open thread, not a private message.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:35 am

warrencoles wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:33 am
Sorry Casa, I thought I posted a new open thread, not a private message.
You did....I was responding in your thread. :wink: The text in red is at the bottom of all of my posts.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.