ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation For Spouse of BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srivisaN

Re: Naturalisation For Spouse of BC

Post by srivisaN » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 am

Hi,

I submitted both. Apart from mandatory documents (which they list), if you are applying for discretion good to show (not mandatory), I have shown it.
- proper evidences for absences reasons
- evidences to prove that you and your family settled well in UK and intending to make UK as your home

dnz34
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by dnz34 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 am

srivisaN wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 am
Hi,

I submitted both. Apart from mandatory documents (which they list), if you are applying for discretion good to show (not mandatory), I have shown it.
- evidences to prove that you and your family settled well in UK and intending to make UK as your home

Thank you for your help and your replay,

I’ve just fill the form similar like your answers, explain them my absences and I want to apply under 5 year route ( absences for 5 year 392 days. 3 year 382 days)
Reason for absences is pregnancy.
What kind of document did you send for evidence of absences ? (I have my son birth certificate form my country )
So marriage certificate and naturalisation is not mandatory documents ?

Also did you sign any letter for your wife as spouse of British citizen ?

Maybe all is silly questions but I’m just very nervous and confused..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 am

dnz34 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:27 am
srivisaN wrote:
Hi,

I’ve just fill the form similar like your answers, explain them my absences and I want to apply under 5 year route ( absences for 5 year 392 days. 3 year 382 days)
What kind of document did you send for evidence of absences ? (I have my son birth certificate form my country )

It would be more beneficial if you posted all your questions in your own topic instead of repetitively asking questions in someone else's thread.

Only passports are needed for absence, nothing else.

No letter from British spouse is needed.

If she is married to a British spouse, she must send marriage cert and evidence of British citizenship for spouse as the form will ask for this as she has to out your details in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dnz34
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by dnz34 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Thank you for you response CR001,

I’m only asking this gentleman as I have the same problem with my absences last 3 years, I’m only trying to figure out how to apply under 5 year route..

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:11 pm

dnz34 wrote:
srivisaN wrote:
Hi,

Ok If number of absences are below 450 before your application date and if met all below you can apply confidently without asking for discretion

1. Holding ILR for more than 12 months
2. Present in UK on the date exactly 5 years ago
3. Met good character requirements
4. Met English & Life in UK requirement

You don’t even need justify your absences and you can apply on section 6(1). In this case you’re applying on your own (not as spouse of BC), so they don’t expect any letter from spouse or documents.

Just for extra precaution I submitted my UK passport copy along with my wife’s application

Also search for section 6(1) on this forum you find lot of information.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:17 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:11 pm
dnz34 wrote:
srivisaN wrote:
Hi,

Ok If number of absences are below 450 before your application date and if met all below you can apply confidently without asking for discretion

You don’t even need justify your absences and you can apply on section 6(1). In this case you’re applying on your own (not as spouse of BC), so they don’t expect any letter from spouse or documents.

Just for extra precaution I submitted my UK passport copy along with my wife’s application

dnz34 wrote:
srivisaN wrote:
Hi,

Ok If number of absences in the past 5 years below 450 before your application date and if met all below you can apply confidently without asking for discretion

You don’t even need justify your absences and you can apply on section 6(1). In this case you’re applying on your own (not as spouse of BC), so they don’t expect any letter from spouse or documents like marriage certificate

I submitted my UK passport copy and Naturalisation certificate along with my wife’s application as it was in the list of documents that was asked

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:20 pm

If you need any more details pm me, I will try to send you the list of docs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:42 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:20 pm
If you need any more details pm me, I will try to send you the list of docs.
Why can't you post it on the public forum???

The user also does not have PM privilege access.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dnz34
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by dnz34 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:26 pm

thank you srivisaN,

i wont able to pm you as CR001 mention i do not have pm privilege access.

however, i do meet all the requirements for 5 years route, i have ILR since 2016. and language an LIUK passed already.

my Documents list

xxxs application for naturalisation
Proof of living in the UK for Mrs xxxx
Your marriage or civil partnership certificate
Mrs xxxx proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions
Two referee declarations for Mrs xxxx
Mrs xxx evidence of identity
One proof of British citizenship for Mr xxxxx(such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate)
Current Biometric Residence Permit for Mrsxxxx

so to apply under 5 year route 6(1) i wont send the marriage certificate and spouse proof of citizenship !

Residence requirements

Do you meet these residence requirements? YES

Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many absences from the UK)? YES

Please provide further details : ive mentioned I do not meet the requirement for the 3 year route at the moment as I was out of the country for more than 270 days during this period. reason was pregnancy however i meed the 5 year route as i was not out of the uk more than 450 days lat 5 years. im applying under 5 year route ..

do i need to do anything else please ?

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:19 am

Hi dnz34,

Your list looks good, add NARIC certificates and Life in UK pass to them.

Yes, I think your case is straight forward under section 6(1), just mention that you are applying under section 6(1) in additional details and covering letter.

Do you meet these residence requirements? YES

Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many absences from the UK)? No

If you mention that you are applying under section 6(1) I think above answer need to be NO.

rest all is good provided you have satisfied basic rules

all the best.