ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working temporarily before applying for tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZhengWei3
Newly Registered

Working temporarily before applying for tier 2 visa

Post by ZhengWei3 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:59 pm

Hello,

I am intending on switching from tier 4 to tier 2 this September but I might not be able to submit an application before the start date. I was wondering if from an immigration point of view, I can join the company whilst on a valid tier 4 visa? The main problem I'm seeing is that it says a tier 4 visa holder can not take permanent employment but I'm not really sure what counts as a permanent job? If it helps, I'm joining a graduate scheme at a big 4 company and my CoS is assigned for 3 years.

Also, I was told that there is an employment checking service (ECS) that my employer is carrying that can allow people to work for up to 6 months without having the employer liable for any civil penalties. I wonder if anyone here knows how that works?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Working temporarily before applying for tier 2 visa

Post by UKLL » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:29 pm

ZhengWei3 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:59 pm
Hello,

I am intending on switching from tier 4 to tier 2 this September but I might not be able to submit an application before the start date. I was wondering if from an immigration point of view, I can join the company whilst on a valid tier 4 visa? The main problem I'm seeing is that it says a tier 4 visa holder can not take permanent employment but I'm not really sure what counts as a permanent job? If it helps, I'm joining a graduate scheme at a big 4 company and my CoS is assigned for 3 years.

If you have finished your study as confirmed by the University, you can work full time on Tier 4. Don't worry about this permanent thing as it won't be permanent

Also, I was told that there is an employment checking service (ECS) that my employer is carrying that can allow people to work for up to 6 months without having the employer liable for any civil penalties. I wonder if anyone here knows how that works?

ZhengWei3
Newly Registered

Re: Working temporarily before applying for tier 2 visa

Post by ZhengWei3 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:54 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I was wondering if I am allowed to work full-time under a valid tier 4 if I didn't even submit a tier 2 application yet? Also would they have to change my 3 year contact (based on the CoS) to a different contract?