ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Waiver

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

markyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Visa Waiver

Post by markyc » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:25 am

My Wife is due to extend her Spouse Visa in a few months after the initial 2.5 years
I am aware there is something called a Visa Waiver which can help people on low income with the fees.
I am in receipt of Personal Independent Payment so do not have to provide Maintenance proof during the normal application for further leave to remain. I also receive ESA and my wife does not work as she is my carer.
Does anybody know what documents apart from PIP letters from the DWP I will need to provide. For example: Bank statements and for what period etc. for the Waiver application.
As a dyslexic I find the GOV website a complete minefield lol.
Has anyone in a similar position as me ever applied for the waiver and received it?
I am long term disabled in receipt of PIP standard.
Any help would be wonderful.

Casa

Re: Visa Waiver

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:09 am

markyc wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:25 am
My Wife is due to extend her Spouse Visa in a few months after the initial 2.5 years
I am aware there is something called a Visa Waiver which can help people on low income with the fees.
I am in receipt of Personal Independent Payment so do not have to provide Maintenance proof during the normal application for further leave to remain. I also receive ESA and my wife does not work as she is my carer.
Does anybody know what documents apart from PIP letters from the DWP I will need to provide. For example: Bank statements and for what period etc. for the Waiver application.
As a dyslexic I find the GOV website a complete minefield lol.
Has anyone in a similar position as me ever applied for the waiver and received it?
I am long term disabled in receipt of PIP standard.
Any help would be wonderful.
Official guidance:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... __003_.pdf

Applicants who are eligible
are those making certain specified human rights applications where to require
payment of the fee before deciding the application would be incompatible with a
person’s rights under the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR).
In addition, the fee waiver policy also applies to applications from victims of
trafficking who seek to extend their leave to remain in certain circumstances.

This includes:
applications for leave to remain under the 5-year partner route from applicants
who are not required to meet the minimum income threshold because their
sponsor is in receipt of one or more specified benefits and who instead must
demonstrate that their sponsor can provide adequate maintenance
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

markyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by markyc » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 am

Yes. This I already know.
My question was "does anyone know what documentation would be required, Length of bank statements etc, would be required for an application of this type.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:15 pm

markyc wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 am
My question was "does anyone know what documentation would be required, Length of bank statements etc, would be required for an application of this type.
12. Where a person is in receipt of Carer’s Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Severe Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment or Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme, or a Police Injury Pension, all the following must be provided:
(a) Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions, Veterans Agency or Police Pension Authority confirming the current entitlement and the amount currently received.
(b) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing payment of the amount of the benefit or allowance to which the person is currently entitled into their account.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:58 pm

Hi. I just want to know that do your wife claim carer allowance as well.

markyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by markyc » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:23 pm

No. She has no recourse to public funds.

markyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by markyc » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:15 pm
markyc wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 am
12. Where a person is in receipt of Carer’s Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Severe Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment or Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme, or a Police Injury Pension, all the following must be provided:
(a) Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions, Veterans Agency or Police Pension Authority confirming the current entitlement and the amount currently received.
(b) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing payment of the amount of the benefit or allowance to which the person is currently entitled into their account.
Hi, is this info relevant to an application for a Visa Waiver or just the standard Visa application.
Does anyone have an actual list of docs required for the application for a Visa waiver due to being in receipt for benefits due to disability
Thanks.

markyc
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by markyc » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:35 pm

Garry20g wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:58 pm
Hi. I just want to know that do your wife claim carer allowance as well.
No. She has no recourse to public funds.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:47 am

Hi. If she do not receive carer allowance than how you can prove that she is your carer. Thanks for your response

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Garry20g wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:47 am
Hi. If she do not receive carer allowance than how you can prove that she is your carer. Thanks for your response
In op's situation its the op who need to be receiving carer allowance not his wife who cannot claim it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.