ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Innovator Visa or Other Routes

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JatDM
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Innovator Visa or Other Routes

Post by JatDM » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi,

I'm a co-founder of a company which has recently received more than 1Mil GBP in funding. We are located outside of the UK, however I have been in the UK for a couple of years before, and have been approved for Study Visas prior. I'm wondering if the Innovator Visa will be a recommended route for more established companies like ours who do not need investments in the UK, but do need an endorsement letter.

I do not see issues with our business idea being evaluated for Scalability, Innovation etc, as we are in an innovative field in healthcare and have secured funding from a highly-ranked Venture Capital firm. The 50K GBP in funding will also not be an issue for the company of course.

It pains me to see a low acceptance rate for the Sole Representative of Overseas Business Visas and I'm confused as to which visa types I'll be eligible/suitable for.

I've been trawling the internet and do not see any specific advice on the Innovator visa, so any advice would be highly appreciated.

marcnath

Re: Innovator Visa or Other Routes

Post by marcnath » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:22 am

JatDM wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:06 pm
Hi,

I'm a co-founder of a company which has recently received more than 1Mil GBP in funding. We are located outside of the UK, however I have been in the UK for a couple of years before, and have been approved for Study Visas prior. I'm wondering if the Innovator Visa will be a recommended route for more established companies like ours who do not need investments in the UK, but do need an endorsement letter.

I do not see issues with our business idea being evaluated for Scalability, Innovation etc, as we are in an innovative field in healthcare and have secured funding from a highly-ranked Venture Capital firm. The 50K GBP in funding will also not be an issue for the company of course.

It pains me to see a low acceptance rate for the Sole Representative of Overseas Business Visas and I'm confused as to which visa types I'll be eligible/suitable for.

I've been trawling the internet and do not see any specific advice on the Innovator visa, so any advice would be highly appreciated.

In principle yes, you should be able to apply for this route. It is a new route, as you are probably aware, and there is not enough experience of people going through this route to get more information other than what is publicly available.

So the only thing I can say is go ahead and try.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

JatDM
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Re: Innovator Visa or Other Routes

Post by JatDM » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:57 am

Thank you. I'll see if I can post a progress timeline once I get updates.