ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRANSFER Long-Term Residence Permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

reza1813
Newly Registered
Germany

TRANSFER Long-Term Residence Permit

Post by reza1813 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:40 pm

I am a non-EU citizen(Iranian) with a long-term residence permit at Italy and now I want to move to Germany for work. Preferably, I would like to TRANSFER this long-term residence permit(Soggiornante di lungo periodo–UE) to Germany(Daueraufenthalt –EU), which would, at least in theory, grant me certain rights when it comes to employment. Is it any possibility to transfer it and how will be accomplished in Germany?
I tried searching the forums, but I haven't found much specific information on how to accomplish this.
It would be your kindness if let me know. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Hamidreza

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: TRANSFER Long-Term Residence Permit

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 pm

A PR in an EU country is not transferable to any other country.

A PR in a EU country allows you to travel to most EU countries (UK excluded) but doesn't allow you to work or settle.

If you want to live in Germany, you have to go through their immigration routes in order to see if any is applicable to you. But your existing PR in Italy is not relevant. As far as the German authorities are concerned, it's the same situation as if you were in Iran now.

I don't know how the citizenship is in Italy, but as you have a PR there, your best bet is to stay longer, apply for Italian citizenship then later, if it still makes sense, move freely elsewhere within the EU.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: TRANSFER Long-Term Residence Permit

Post by gokulatti » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:53 pm

I would politely suggest you look into
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 9-20110520
Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 pm
A PR in an EU country is not transferable to any other country.

A PR in a EU country allows you to travel to most EU countries (UK excluded) but doesn't allow you to work or settle.
although the First MS(italy) residence permit doesn't directly allow OP to work in the second MS(germany) it in effect allows the OP to get a residence permit of the second MS which indeed allows the OP to take up work. It is only a matter of procedural delay.

If you want to live in Germany, you have to go through their immigration routes in order to see if any is applicable to you.
true, Long term resident EC is applicable in germany.

But your existing PR in Italy is not relevant.
not true. Italian PR (long term resident EC) entitles the OP to be eligible to get a residence permit with access to work in germany under the directive provided he satisfies certain conditions as set out in the directive (article 14,15)

As far as the German authorities are concerned, it's the same situation as if you were in Iran now.
not true.

I don't know how the citizenship is in Italy, but as you have a PR there, your best bet is to stay longer, apply for Italian citizenship then later, if it still makes sense, move freely elsewhere within the EU.
IIRC, only Denmark, UK, Ireland does not participate in the long term resident ec directive.