ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick question on date of application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Quick question on date of application

Post by sky_rise » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi members,

Will appreciate a quick help.

I am applying for naturalisation in september 2019 based on ILR+1 year (entrepreneur route).

What is the effective date of appliacation: when you submit application online or when you got your physical appointment at Sopra steria/ HO?

I would like to have a date of application, say, 28 September, what is the best course of action to be safe?

thanks!

SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Quick question on date of application

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online. You must have 12 months in ilr and you must have been present in the UK at the same time 5 years ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:11 pm
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online. You must have 12 months in ilr and you must have been present in the UK at the same time 5 years ago.
Thanks CR001. So, I need to formally apply online, submit and pay on, say, 15 Sept 2019 (can i be outside UK that time?), which would be the application date. I needed to be in the UK on 15 Sept 2014. And if i visit HO on 25sept 2019, that is ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:33 pm

You should apply while in the UK as you have to complete accurate absence details. I suggest you apply when you are back in the UK if you plan on traveling.

I have clearly said the date of application that ho counts is the date you submit and pay online. The date of your appointment with UKCVSA (not HO) is irrelevant. It is only a document check and biometric appointment with a third party agent (not HO).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:33 pm
You should apply while in the UK as you have to complete accurate absence details. I suggest you apply when you are back in the UK if you plan on traveling.

I have clearly said the date of application that ho counts is the date you submit and pay online. The date of your appointment with UKCVSA (not HO) is irrelevant. It is only a document check and biometric appointment with a third party agent (not HO).
thank you, all noted!

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi all, I am in the process of filling in the application form and will appreciate quick advise please:

1) Do two referees need to submit any kind of letter/declarations? I have put their details on the form.
2) Work over the past 10 years. I have been in the UK for the past 12 years. For the past 10 years, I am not able to remember/find some details and dates for part time jobs dating back over 8 years (kind of zero hours contracts via agency)
3) If BRP card is lost right before the application is submitted - should i still submit and indicate as lost?
4) Arrival in the UK: When did you first arrive in the UK? –

As a background, I was on Entrepreneur visa for 5 years and on 1 year ILR. So if I submit application online on 15 sept 2019, should I indicate date of entry as 15 sept 2014 and the airport of entry (Heathrow)? As this is not when Entrepreneur visa was issued then. Should I choose the date backwards 5 years with actual physical arrival at the airport?

Thank you!
SR

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:02 pm

sky_rise wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:51 pm

1) Do two referees need to submit any kind of letter/declarations? I have put their details on the form.

Yes. They need to sign a declaration form.. Google it , “referees and identity” or you’ll get the chance to download it after submission.

2) Work over the past 10 years. I have been in the UK for the past 12 years. For the past 10 years, I am not able to remember/find some details and dates for part time jobs dating back over 8 years (kind of zero hours contracts via agency)

Well...that’s a pickle. You could ask HMRC but it’ll take time.
Just try to write as well as you remember

3) If BRP card is lost right before the application is submitted - should i still submit and indicate as lost?

😱

4) Arrival in the UK: When did you first arrive in the UK? –

The date you actually arrived in UK to potentially make it ur home.

As a background, I was on Entrepreneur visa for 5 years and on 1 year ILR. So if I submit application online on 15 sept 2019, should I indicate date of entry as 15 sept 2014 and the airport of entry (Heathrow)? As this is not when Entrepreneur visa was issued then. Should I choose the date backwards 5 years with actual physical arrival at the airport?

Thank you!
SR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:05 pm

1. they have to sign the declaration forms.

2. Complete as much detail as you can remember. Note that if you were on a student visa and breached your visa conditions by working more than 20 hrs per week, you risk being refused for failing the good character requirement.

3. You need to report a lost BRP to HO so that it is cancelled. You should be more careful with official documents.

4. It clearly asks the date you FIRST arrived. It doesn't ask the date 5 years ago or the date on your last time limited visa. If you arrived in 2007, then that is the date you put. Remember that HO knows much more about you than you think they do.

Edit ; beaten by aman90
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:35 pm

aman90, CR001, thank you for the prompt replies! all clear. I will probably post more questions later on as I progress.

Just a quick one - i put two referees - one British citizen and one ACCA accountant, also British citizen. In How does the referee know the applicant? - i put Friend for both - is that acceptable?

SR

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:19 pm

If both are friends then that’s that!

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:48 am

aman90 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:19 pm
Yes, good friends for long time :) I mean, that's not a requirement for them to be a more distant relationship.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:02 am

sky_rise wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:48 am
aman90 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:19 pm
Yes, good friends for long time :) I mean, that's not a requirement for them to be a more distant relationship.
Distant relation wouldn't know you and your character, this is to testify that applicant holds a good character.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:12 pm

hi members,

you have been all very helpful with a few queries. I am now ready to submit application online and it is almost completed.

the last final questions:

- I have arrived to the UK this morning and got passport stamped at airport with 23 sept date. Can i still apply today (ie will this properly count as in country or should i wait till tomorrow?)
- I have been physically present in the UK the same date 5 years ago (23 sept 2014 having arrived from holiday on 22 sept 2014).
- I am well under 450 days absence over past 5 years and under 90 days in the final 12 months on ILR. However i had many trips and they do not all fit on the application form so i will submit additional A4 paper with additional trips to fit them all in the last 5 years. Is that the right approach?

I will appreciate your prompt advise!

SR

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:38 pm

sky_rise wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:12 pm

- I have arrived to the UK this morning and got passport stamped at airport with 23 sept date. Can i still apply today (ie will this properly count as in country or should i wait till tomorrow?)

Doesn’t matter..

- I have been physically present in the UK the same date 5 years ago (23 sept 2014 having arrived from holiday on 22 sept 2014).

Fine

- I am well under 450 days absence over past 5 years and under 90 days in the final 12 months on ILR. However i had many trips and they do not all fit on the application form so i will submit additional A4 paper with additional trips to fit them all in the last 5 years. Is that the right approach?

The online form doesn’t have space?!?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:58 pm

The online form only has space up to 30 trips if I am correct. Rest you can add on an A4 sheet.

Also if you apply today i.e. 23rd Sep 2019, the start of the 5 year period will be 24th Sep 2014 (assuming you were in UK then).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:24 pm

many thanks for responses. indeed there is only a limit to first 30 entries, and i have in excess of 50.

a quick question. I have submitted a form online and paid for appointment, no free ones. If as a non-EU i do not need to submit and leave my passport with them, as i keep it, how do they calculate absence days and how does it serve as a proof of being in the UK/absence days? Or, should i leave a passport with them? Also, I had it for 2 past years only, and the previous passport for 5 years. Do i leave an older passport with them in that case, or its copy?

thanks
SR

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:58 pm

Or, should i leave a passport with them? Also, I had it for 2 past years only, and the previous passport for 5 years. Do i leave an older passport with them in that case, or its copy?
You scan and upload all stamped pages of all (relevant, i.e. since your UK arrival date) passports and then take them with you for checking when you attend your biometrics appointment at UKVCAS. You'll keep your passports.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:00 pm

sky_rise wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:24 pm
many thanks for responses. indeed there is only a limit to first 30 entries, and i have in excess of 50.

a quick question. I have submitted a form online and paid for appointment, no free ones. If as a non-EU i do not need to submit and leave my passport with them, as i keep it, how do they calculate absence days and how does it serve as a proof of being in the UK/absence days? Or, should i leave a passport with them? Also, I had it for 2 past years only, and the previous passport for 5 years. Do i leave an older passport with them in that case, or its copy?

thanks
SR
You upload both your passports and every page that has stamps on! You no longer give your originals in!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:14 pm

thank you for quick responses. wow, all pages that is total 100 pages...i travel a lot for work and had 2 45-pages passports in the last 6 years, both finished, 2 blank pages left.

Just to clarify: i only need passports and their pages corresponding to the last 6 years of stay (citizenship based on tier 1 5 years plus 1 year ilr). i do not need all pages going back to 2006 when i first arrived, right? i have no way to obtain it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:32 pm

5 years. But if one passports is longer than 5 years, you need to upload the whole passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:35 pm

sky_rise wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:14 pm
thank you for quick responses. wow, all pages that is total 100 pages...i travel a lot for work and had 2 45-pages passports in the last 6 years, both finished, 2 blank pages left.

Just to clarify: i only need passports and their pages corresponding to the last 6 years of stay (citizenship based on tier 1 5 years plus 1 year ilr). i do not need all pages going back to 2006 when i first arrived, right? i have no way to obtain it.
For BC your qualifying period is the last 5 years only.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:35 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:32 pm
5 years. But if one passports is longer than 5 years, you need to upload the whole passport.
Thank you CR001. I have copied all pages for all passport to be uploaded, fit in 2 single files.

Are there any other documents that might require uploading more than just one page?

I am providing
- UK Bachelors degree certificate 1 page (do not provide transcript and university letter confirming award?)
- LITUK certificate (1 page)
- Marriage certificate 1 page copy
- current and previous passport - all pages, 45 each, 2 pdf files
- 1 BRP ILR copy (both sides of BRP scanned on same 1 page).
- copy of application form
- checklist
- appointment booking form

That is all that is required as i see. Anything missed?

thank you!
SR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:40 am

sky_rise wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:35 am
CR001 wrote:
Thank you CR001. I have copied all pages for all passport to be uploaded, fit in 2 single files.

Are there any other documents that might require uploading more than just one page?

I am providing
- UK Bachelors degree certificate 1 page (do not provide transcript and university letter confirming award?)
- Marriage certificate 1 page copy Why are you submitting this? Is your spouse British??
- copy of application form Not required. You only need to submit the Online form, HO do not require a print out.
- checklist

thank you!
SR
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sky_rise » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:40 am
sky_rise wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:35 am
CR001 wrote:

I am providing
- Marriage certificate 1 page copy Why are you submitting this? Is your spouse British??
- copy of application form Not required. You only need to submit the Online form, HO do not require a print out.
- checklist

thank you!
SR
thank you. My wife is not British, but her details were included on the form alongside questions on when and where we got married.

Forgot to include that we also need to upload two references forms?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:32 pm

Your marriage cert is NOT needed if she is not British.

Yes you need to upload the referee forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)